Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
I recently just got these back from cbcs, A date with Millie #3 and The silver Surfer #1 both signed and verified Stan Lee sigs. I'm going to put them up on display but I'm curious on what you all would do. Would you sell the pair and try and acquire a better comic? Or vault it to never see the light of day for thirty years lol.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector gman private msg quote post Address this user
Your call but I would sell em and get a higher grade book...surfer 1 in low to mid grade is fairly common. Maybe an 8.0.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Damn, that IS a lot of options lol

I'd keep the SS.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Any idea on how much that A date with Millie would go for? I've been hunting online but can't find anything close..
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I would sell them and go for a higher grade copy that dosn't have writing all over the cover. That's a eye sore.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzies
I recently just got these back from cbcs, A date with Millie #3 and The silver Surfer #1 both signed and verified Stan Lee sigs. I'm going to put them up on display but I'm curious on what you all would do. Would you sell the pair and try and acquire a better comic? Or vault it to never see the light of day for thirty years lol.

Did you have Stan sign them or where they already signed? You might not get another chance. It sounds like you are not too attached to them so I would sell them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had Stan Sign them at Ace Comic Con, out of the two I'd probably keep the date with Millie.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Difficult to say. Neither book is extremely rare but opportunities for a Stan Sig might be getting harder to come by. If you really want those particular books with a SL sig., I'd say keep them until you can replace them. Otherwise, I agree with @BrianGreensnips and @gman- sell them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you all
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
My philosophy is always keep those, buy something you don’t have. Don’t put them in a vault, hang them on the wall. Sell them when you are bored with them, if ever. I am sure I am in the minority, but no matter what you decide, they will appreciate, or what you trade them for will.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
I would probably sell the pair and buy something different.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Difficult to say. Neither book is extremely rare but opportunities for a Stan Sig might be getting harder to come by. If you really want those particular books with a SL sig., I'd say keep them until you can replace them. Otherwise, I agree with @BrianGreensnips and @gman- sell them.

I have an Amazing Fantasy 15 reprint signed by Stan, graded 8.0. I was hoping for NM grade, and I have a slabbed 9.4 (unsigned) which I'm holding onto until I get another opportunity. Once I get the 9.4 signed I'll sell the other.

What I'm saying is I agree with @VaComicsGuy to hold them until you have replacements...then sell the lesser grades to get some of your cash back. But with Stan not signing as much as he used to, you may not get the chance, but you'll still have these copies.

For me, I'm happy with my 8.0, but will jump at the chance to get a 9.2/9.4 if it ever comes.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
To many options, there are many solutions...this, too, shall pass...
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
To many options, there are many solutions...this, too, shall pass...

Would you say that to two tutu's too? (probably not)
Post 14 IP   flag post
601206 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?