Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Do you guys have any problems on ebay?I still get a facebook sight jumping on to my sight on ebay then i cant get out.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
What the what?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector chacault private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcJ
What the what?

Lol. Exactly.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I get hacked every time i get on ebay.Facebook shows up on my sight then i almost cant get out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
I've gotten it, too. Nuisance. I think its some sort of spam.

Usually when I click on an image of the item, it spams me to some FB page that looks like Wheel of Fortune.
Post 5 IP   flag post
So l am not the only on then.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Sight...?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I was looking at Amazing Spiderman #799 on ebay then facebook pops up.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I hope it isn't spreading.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Well all i can say never get that when i get on ebay app. Maybe because i dont do any social media like the Tweeter, Instagram or Facebook. Maybe you should run a virus check to make sure nothing is on there.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
If you are on a desktop, go to following link and run the online scanner. Open all options and select it to scan everything.

clickable text

This should catch most viruses and malware.

Btw, the company name is Eset.I've found it to be the least intrusive and although it says it's good for one scan. I've found you can do spot checks when you feel like it
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Download and run a program called Malwarebytes. That should fix your issues.

Also, use google chrome or firefox...if you're using internet explorer you're just asking for problems.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
I use Chrome on Android. It's happened to me 3 times over the course of the last few days. Not very often.

I just close the window and re-open. A nuisance only, although some less tech-savvy individuals might get frustrated.

I didn't click on the 'press here to win' button. Looks like trouble.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps deleting your cookies and cache might help.
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Damn Russians.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Is it related to this article?
https://www.2-spyware.com/remove-facebook-virus.html
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. It happened when I went from an email notification to ebay. When I "backspaced" on ebay a facebook/newegg spinning wheel popped up. I restarted my phone and everything was fine. Then it happened again. Unfortunately I have a bad habit of juggling and balancing things that are fragile or potentially messy. For the most part I'm successful at this silly circus act. So I'll say something that everyone here already knows: DO NOT CLICK ON THE SPINNING WHEEL!!! yep fumble fingers already did that experiment for you. Things got exponentially worse. Finally, after a long research period, I downloaded the Avast malware app. So far so good and also cleared 70mb of file clutter. I'll keep tabs on it and let everyone know the pros and cons of it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Well I'll give an update on the free version of Avast malware app. I definitely learn more from this group than I contribute (thanks all!!!).

Pros: when I first installed the app it detected and wiped out 2 malware softwares residing on my phone. It also dumped out a bunch of needless files. The spinning wheel "hyjack" did not come back.

Cons: lots of pop ups asking me to activate different protection featues, upgrade requests, and ads. Annoying but I was ok with it since I have all kinds of notifications/emails etc anyway. I do know it's a non-starter for most people.

Noted a slight hesitation when type tapping, web site loads, and other phone functions. This progressively got worse as time passed. Finally things slowed to a crawl and Avast caused feeeze ups. I had to force stop the Avast app.

So overall Avast did accomplish the task I wanted but I can't recommend it long term. Mileage may vary...😎
Post 18 IP   flag post
597881 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?