Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry guys, but last time we asked the webmaster to lift the limits on a thread, he told us it was the last one until he made sure that they wouldn't cause any problems with the functioning of the forum. So, thread #3 for new collection additions!!

I'll share a couple that I got in a trade a couple weeks ago. I traded a slab and some artwork with a guy and I'll end up with two boxes of comics, mostly Dell and Charlton with a few Marvel and DCs were in the first box, I haven't gotten the second box yet, but it's supposedly almost all Treasure Chest comics. I'll end up with about 350 comics. These two were in that first box. And no, the person is not on this forum, at least not to my knowledge.

But I LOVE these two comics!! I watched a LOT of Jerry Lewis movies growing up and I love finding these comics!!! I don't actively collect them, but I'll gladly throw them in my collection!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poka
@dielinfinite you really like signed ASM 129s

lol

We all have our passions. I'm actually surprised they didn't release a True Believers reprint to coincide with the Netflix show
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived for the wife

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Found this while searching through a box that hadn't been priced out yet at an lcs. Owner looked it up in overstreet, charged me $3. It looks to be 9.4 shape. Will hold not this for now. See if the movie hype pushes it up any more.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Found this while searching through a box that hadn't been priced out yet at an lcs. Owner looked it up in overstreet, charged me $3. It looks to be 9.4 shape. Will hold not this for now. See if the movie hype pushes it up any more.

old school owner - nice find
Post 6 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user

last weekend sc comic con
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Sorry guys, but last time we asked the webmaster to lift the limits on a thread, he told us it was the last one until he made sure that they wouldn't cause any problems with the functioning of the forum. So, thread #3 for new collection additions!!

I hope this doesnt mean the Turtles thread is going to get axed in 40 posts 😔
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
High grade modern newsstands. These were very difficult to track down.

1st appearance Jessica Cruz as Green Lantern, 6.99 price newsstand variant

This one is a bit more common, but the newsstands I’ve come across are all below NM. Very pleased 😁

1st appearance Lyla Lerrol in newsstand. Bottom corner is concerning, otherwise very clean. It is debatable if she is the same Lyla as in Supes #141.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This arrived in today's mail, although it was scheduled for delivery on Wednesday (the dreaded delay). The box showed some damage, and I can see a small crack in the slab on the right side next to Xavier's wheel chair. What would you do? The seller on ebay accepted my offer of about 20% below his asking price, and although his packaging wasn't great, it should have more than sufficient to protect this book.

Here's a scan, but I don't think you can see the crack clearly. I'll take some pics with my iPad and see if they can show it better.

Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The crack:

The box:

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Assuming he didn't send it already in that condition, I'd just keep it and consider getting it re-slabbed. 20% below his asking price and packed ok I wouldn't make an issue but that's just my opinion.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
USPS, UPS, & FedEx all use the same training video for proper material handling techniques: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7YrpmZFixp0

As rough as the box looks, I’m surprised the book made it without further damage.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I think my mailwoman has a crush on me. She left me this in my box today.

Post 14 IP   flag post
@esaravo if you can get a good picture of the crack, put a claim in to USPS...it was sent priority or with insurance, I hope. Never ever buy a slab from someone that doesn't send priority or insures it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user
The last issue I needed for my signed run. Now to save up a little $$ and send them in for VSP...

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Arrived today, courtesy of @Poka:

Now all I have to do is find the signed "B" version on Blue...and the Red's too.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament having seen the box of @esaravo happy to see that they made it 🙏 congrats almost completing your run of #1s
Post 18 IP   flag post

Post 19 IP   flag post
Some Mexican reprints and a TPB to add to my Royer sig collection (splash page). Not something I actively seek, but if they're there when I am, why not?

Post 20 IP   flag post
Got a nice Action 1 reprint today

Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Got a nice Action 1 reprint today

Nice...which one is that....nice to see them Without the upc. Sometimes, like in the 1988 reprint, the guy running at the bottom left is removed from the cover.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Drogio It’s the replica by Loot Crate
Post 23 IP   flag post
All my copies are slabbed. Thanks for the link, I ordered two copies for the discounted $4.99 price...then got another 15% coupon code discount...$13.50 shipped! Not bad. One to read, one to store away.

Website It calls it a reprint...but i think technically it's a replica since it's all original. Either way happy to have one to read and one to store away.

Has loot crate do (have done) other reprints? Would like a nice detective 27...
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Drogio They don’t make a habit of it. Every once in a while they’ll do a variant or an exclusive book.

Wizard does their own Loot Crate type box called Comic Con box and they’ve done a couple. There’s a reprint of The Brave and the Bold #25 in anticipation of the Suicide Squad film

A reprint of Batman Adventures #12 (before Fan Expo reprinted it into the ground)

Justice League of America #1 (1960)

Preacher #1

Post 25 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite just grabbed this loot crate off amazon for 7.98 shipped (prime). Saw one on eBay for $4.99 shipped still bagged, but wondering what kind of packaging it would arrive in for free shipping..figured going through Amazon may be safer...not sure...

one remaining on Amazon if anyone is interested

Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

I remember buying that one off a spinner rack back in the day. The colors really popped on that cover, almost glowed.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post
Sometimes a store variant just gets it right.

Forget about the connecting covers...lovin' this as a stand-alone. Liking it better than the Virgin cover (something about seeing "the Amazing Spider-Man" in the background makes it right).

And after my persistence with Comicxposure (delays in shipping without explanation, not answering my emails/messages, having to go through someone at NYCollectorCave to get them to even acknowledge my order was delinquent...) the copy they send me looks gem mint...I cannot see a single flaw. Very happy.

Gotta get this slabbed with a Crain sig for the PC. Yellow label would look good with the green.

Post 29 IP   flag post

Found at BAM! for Buck ($1 ea). Given a cartoon series is in the works and the book getting some good press as of late, figured why not see what it's all about. This may be the only marvel book I read after the forthcoming reboots...hoping MG is not one of them starting over.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600861 999 30