Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New to your collection #35908

Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
The 9.8 Gods no longer smile on me:

First time using cgc. No Newton rings, but for being pressed, the 9.4 seems to have bends that I think would’ve been corrected by a press. But what do I know?
Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Themaxx35 I agree with what you said about the 9.4 being that if it was "actually" pressed, then those bends would have been less noticeable.
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my first cover-less comic. X-men #11

Post 978 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I went to PGX site and submitted a request for graders notes. No credit card information requested, hopefully its free

PGX responsed...
No notes for this book exist.
Post 979 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
I went to PGX site and submitted a request for graders notes. No credit card information requested, hopefully its free

PGX responsed...
No notes for this book exist.

They ran out of scratch paper that week.
Post 980 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Well. The bright side is they didnt charge me to find out they had squat.

One thing that surprises me is they didnt respond via the PGX email domain. It was a lady responding. On a guys comcast.net account. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but if you are a business shouldn't you present yourself as such?
Post 981 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
No pictures yet but very excited. 3 early key ASM’s bought and on way. Be here Monday.

Well 2 out of 3 were delivered today. The 3rd has been sitting at the hub all day. Hopefully comes tomorrow. But very excited for these.

Post 982 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user

I just got these back this weekend and am so glad that they are home. The DC Presents is my only "Mark Jewelers" insert variant. I didn't even realize it when I bought it. I know that some people don't care about those but I think that they are pretty cool.
Post 983 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted 11/16, arrived back home today!

Post 984 IP   flag post
Quote:
Well. The bright side is they didnt charge me to find out they had squat.

One thing that surprises me is they didnt respond via the PGX email domain. It was a lady responding. On a guys comcast.net account. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but if you are a business shouldn't you present yourself as such?

You see, that's their loophole.

"It was a lady responding" lol Is he having mom answer the basement phone too?
Post 985 IP   flag post
LOL

But to be fair, the email address belonged to a guy. The lady who responded was Collette. (Essentially they were sharing an email.)

Honestly, it would be better if the mommy answered a phone in my opinion....
At least you could claim it was a home business?
Post 986 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament that was quick, did you pay more to have it expedited
Post 987 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 988 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 No, I only paid the crossover promotion price. It was originally a PGX 9.8; so I expected to take a hit & have to pay the grading fee. Very pleasantly surprised to get an e-mail that said it was evaluated by CGC as 9.8, so I’d only have to pay the promotion cost.

I didn’t get quite as lucky on the ASM #129. PGX 8.5, CGC evaluated it as 7.5-8.0 & recommended pressing to see if it would come up to their standard for 8.5 & then I’d pay the promotional price + pressing instead of re-grading fees.
Post 989 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament well I'm impressed. I have a couple of dozen Pgx books that I need to do the same. Thanks for sharing
Post 990 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Received these today from eBay seller, he was asking $10.99 for the set but accepted my "Best Offer" for $8.99 plus $5.99 shipping. Great deal for $14.98...comes out to only $2.14 per issue.

Post 991 IP   flag post
Quote:
LOL

But to be fair, the email address belonged to a guy. The lady who responded was Collette. (Essentially they were sharing an email.)

Honestly, it would be better if the mommy answered a phone in my opinion....
At least you could claim it was a home business?

Not the most secure sounding location, though.
Post 992 IP   flag post
@brysb Wow. Those issues look like 9.8's to me. Very good deal!
Post 993 IP   flag post

Ok. They use a gmail account and comcast. Might as well stick in an AOL account to show how up to date your business is.

But to address your point. Notice in contact information there is no physical brick and mortar address? Just a PO Box. To ship to.

Hiding behind a PO Box , your business can be anywhere. Including mom's basement. In regards to security, no building yields phantom vault / safe. Maybe they have one, but like how many licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop. The world will never know

Essentially, without transparency, how can you really trust a company?

By the way even Halo in Australia has a brick and mortar address and a PO Box for shipping
Post 994 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@brysb Wow. Those issues look like 9.8's to me. Very good deal!

They were advertised as 9.4's. I am very happy with them.
Post 995 IP   flag post
Yeah, I think most sellers on eBay state they are 9.4 just to cover themselves since the majority of collectors know how to grade & the rest don't have a clue, so it covers that broad spectrum. BUT being how eBay has that no questions asked return policy, it really doesn't matter.
Post 996 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth

You are right. My posts have deviated off post severely.

My apologies
Post 997 IP   flag post
@Bronte No, it's my fault, That's why I edited my post. It's not my place to say where things go or don't. Plus, this is the same thread where you were taking about PGX earlier; I was thinking it was a different post. So my I'm the one that needs to apologize my friend.
Post 998 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Yeah, I think most sellers on eBay state they are 9.4 just to cover themselves since the majority of collectors know how to grade & the rest don't have a clue, so it covers that broad spectrum. BUT being how eBay has that no questions asked return policy, it really doesn't matter.

Often the ones to look out for are those who advertise 9.6/9.8, unless slabbed they almost always tend to be vastly over-graded. Some think because a comic is unread/uncirculated it is automatically 9.6 or higher.
Post 999 IP   flag post
600880 999 24