Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

And the winner is....(red goblin debut)5764

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

I also got that one too but it has a spine chip from production I guess

sad face
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
What do you think the odds are of getting these cheaper in a year or two? I really want the virgin xposure cover but I've already spent quite a bit on this story arc..

In my cart but I'm on the fence
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
The Red Who now?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
What do you think the odds are of getting these cheaper in a year or two? I really want the virgin xposure cover but I've already spent quite a bit on this story arc..

In my cart but I'm on the fence

Odds are in your favor, unless a movie gets announced...doubt that will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
The Red Who now?

Back to hibernating. You didn't miss anything...
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite is still the Dodson variant. Preordered the regular cover as well as a few of these:

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Yeah - sell as many books as possible.

Anyway - this is how I see it unfold

798 - cameo
799 - full
800 - death

Lol

You might be right on the cameo, but hopefully not... Publishers' definition of "first appearance" and what it turns out to be are often very different.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
i'm totally buying into the hype but i'm only going after the regular Ross covers, no virgins or trade dress alternates. I did score a Mayhew cover (I DIDNT buy on eBay lol) but I think I'll keep it for PC, pretty cool cover homage..

Let me throw this out there but I think the Red Goblin has long-term potential. I know its a mashup but it could be a great movie villain. And with Venom and the Disney/Fox buyout, you could see this character pop up along with Carnage. i think a Red Goblin has good shot since they did GG with Wilhelm Dafoe.

what do you guys think?
Post 32 IP   flag post
I love the concept of red goblin. Most excited I've been for a new spidey villain since the original hype for carnage.

Still have to wait and see if it really is Osborne.. As couple of covers show green and red goblin at same time.

I'm a trade dress collector, typically prefer seeing the title on my comics, but I'm having hard time resisting virgins in this run
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

I also got that one too but it has a spine chip from production I guess

sad face
that's rough... Can you ask for a swap? When paying over $20 for a new comic would like to think it doesn't come with those type of defects
Post 34 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke yea i would see if you could swap that, maybe a spine tick or 2 but not that bad a defect

@Wraith, i like the character too, plus its a good mashup.

look like 798 is the winner
Post 35 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I paid $15 for it. I think it was his only one too. He's pretty small fry. (local comic shop inside a mall in factoria)

Of course as many of you guys know I'm all in, because Amazing Spider-man is on my pull list and has been for almost 20 years now. However, aside from the regular covers, or a newsstand edition, I don't ever go too crazy with the variants on ASM. I bought a few of the more pricier ones on the "what if" chance but it's not my golden egg or anything. It has promise, but I won't hold my breath.

I do think Red Goblin will be here to stay to in order to compete with DC's TBWL and their own new IPs like Weapon H.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
I love the concept of red goblin. Most excited I've been for a new spidey villain since the original hype for carnage.

Still have to wait and see if it really is Osborne.. As couple of covers show green and red goblin at same time.

I'm a trade dress collector, typically prefer seeing the title on my comics, but I'm having hard time resisting virgins in this run

If it's Osborne, then technically has the red goblin already made its debut in issue 795?

It's sort of like batman 366 vs 368. Jason Todd officially became robin in 368, however his "first appearance" in the robin suit is 366. Interestingly they both are about the same value...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say 795 is the issue to own long term investment wise, if Osborne is Red Gobby.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@Drogio I think the key is going to be that Osborne is going to take the Goblin Serum on top of it, too... So, it's going to be the Red Goblin as a Carnage / Goblin hybrid. I could be wrong, but that's what I'd do in this case. It will bond the two in some weird way and give Osborne more "devil you know" control.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I still think x-23 first appearance should be in the tub with Wolverine but here we go again
Post 39 IP   flag post
@thelastbard thats exactly what hes doing in the story. he wants to control the symbiote but i think he cant quite do it w/o the goblin serum.

795 is already turning into a key book w/ Osborne turning into Carnage. that was step one.

@kaptainmyke same here, its on my pull list and honestly, theyre Ross covers which i think will have better long term potential than the variant craziness. Only variants i see being sellers are the mayhew and the del otto stuff.
Post 40 IP   flag post
@infinityG Ok good... I haven't read them yet, so I was just drawing a line with the plot based on what makes sense for the character.
Post 41 IP   flag post
I see the amazing Spider-Man 300 true believers is going to a second print...gold cover! Surprised as I didn't think it had sold out. For $1 I'll grab a gold cover. Probably a lower print run than the first print or ASM 300 original.

Post 42 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Ahhhhhhh...darn you all!!!!

Ok so I'm on the crazy train for the next few issues with this stupid Red Goblin - haven't bought a Spidey book in 10yrs +? back when they brought back the clone and said he was really Peter and Peter was the clone...at that point I tapped out...but noooooo I got dragged back in....

Picked up 797 - usually I don't do variants of any kind (lived though the 90's no need to get burned again) but this was the only copy left at my LCS

Post 43 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
PS....nothin but nothin beats the original!!! $50 bucks back in the day - best I ever spent

Post 44 IP   flag post
Thete is pic of a cbcs graded 796 Clayton crain shop variant on the Web

Cbcs notes it as first appearance of red goblin on cover
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:

Now, if only comicxposure would mail me my books...
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

tell me about it.. I wanted to merge a couple of orders to reduce my postage costs (International) and get one more book.. But no way to contact them so Im not ordering anything else.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio I love the ASM #300 art, so I'm hoping that True Believers Venom vs. Spider-Man is like Edge of Spider-Verse #2 or Venom #1; we get the full rainbow of additional printings.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

I've tried texting and emailing, but no luck either. Never again. SMH
Post 49 IP   flag post
My virgin cover 796 crain variant (first red goblin cover) arrived today in great condition!!

Straight into a top loader awaiting the day I ship to slab!
Post 50 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Here you go:

798 - First Full Red Goblin
799 - RG does something bad to spidey putting him in peril. Cliffhanger
800 - battle + defeat
801 - retrospective story on Slott's run

I'm sure the cover appearance will get a "Predates..." notation on the slab
Post 51 IP   flag post
Alex ross virgin variant of 800 now priced at $1800 on CX website
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Alex ross virgin variant of 800 now priced at $1800 on CX website

P.T. Barnum has a saying, ya know.

There is literally no reason for the red goblin books to hold anything but very transient value.

Marvel pumped up pre-orders to the moon on all of these books, especially #798.

ASM is probably Marvel's highest printed monthly title to begin with.

Anyone who pays crazy money for short printed store variants will really be left holding the proverbial bag.

ASM moderns,with the exception of a handful of the 2012 Venom variants are all pump and dumpers.

Even the 2012 1:25 and 1:50 Venom variants are questionable, IMHO.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Nice I bought mine for a tiny fraction of that asking price!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG
i'm totally buying into the hype but i'm only going after the regular Ross covers, no virgins or trade dress alternates. I did score a Mayhew cover (I DIDNT buy on eBay lol) but I think I'll keep it for PC, pretty cool cover homage..

Let me throw this out there but I think the Red Goblin has long-term potential. I know its a mashup but it could be a great movie villain. And with Venom and the Disney/Fox buyout, you could see this character pop up along with Carnage. i think a Red Goblin has good shot since they did GG with Wilhelm Dafoe.

what do you guys think?

See my last post.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600869 195 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?