Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Comicpalooza 2018 Artists Alley5737

Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all!

Only a few names have been confirmed for Comicpalooza’s Artist Alley, but the first was one of my favorite: Skottie Young!

I’m a sucker for Funko Pop’s, and his chibi-style covers look just like them. Naturally, huge fan.

So I’ve loaded up on SY covers & I’m hoping CBCS will be at the show so I can get witnessed signatures. A custom sketch would be just too awesome for words, but the current goal isn’t nearly that ambitious. Just getting him to sign some books & pair them up w/ Pop’s would be cool enough.

Problem is I can’t choose which two I want to bring! Leaning towards the What If & Deadpool “screw” variant...what do you guys think?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament. I like the What If cover the most.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Mrfitch77 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@BabaLament. I like the What If cover the most.

Agreed! Venompool is great. I would like to add that one to my expanding venom collection.

I also like tiny deadpool shooting the plungers. Good stuff!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
The What If definitely should be one of the two you take based on how awesome it is in the first place and then it also is a pretty valuable book as well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
The Punisher would look great signed in the open space below the title
Post 5 IP   flag post
@VaComicsGuy I know! Initially I wanted to get Punisher #1 (first series) signed by everyone who has played Punisher; but after looking into it, maybe not such a great idea. Dolph Lundgren & Ray Stevenson don't do con's often, and Thomas Jane signs books like a jerk. Only guy who seems to legit enjoy conventions and interacting w/ fans in Bernthal; but he's not on the show schedule.

Probably going to stick w/ What If & Venompool Funko Pop; that way I can display them as a pair. Out of curiosity, does anyone know of any fan events for the Venom movie where I could get Tom Hardy's sig? Might try and get Tom Hardy & Ryan Reynolds on the What If, just for something different.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament Good news: CBCS will be at Comicpalooza.

Bad news: It's me you'll be stuck dealing with.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@TimBildhauser LoL! Why is that bad news? I'm thrilled you guys will be there. Also...you're the foreign variant guy! Dude, I am bringing some sweet Lethal Protector #0 Italian Edition goodness straight to you...for ASP. Sam De La Rosa is going to be there, and I've noticed that Mark Bagley hasn't booked for May yet. Need to find a rabbits foot, four leaf clover, and see if the big red guy w/ shiny horns still wants me to sign that contract; whatever it takes to get Bagley, De La Rosa, David Michelinie, Todd McFarlane, an' Stan Lee all under one roof.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@TimBildhauser LoL! Why is that bad news? I'm thrilled you guys will be there. Also...you're the foreign variant guy! Dude, I am bringing some sweet Lethal Protector #0 Italian Edition goodness straight to you...for ASP. Sam De La Rosa is going to be there, and I've noticed that Mark Bagley hasn't booked for May yet. Need to find a rabbits foot, four leaf clover, and see if the big red guy w/ shiny horns still wants me to sign that contract; whatever it takes to get Bagley, De La Rosa, David Michelinie, Todd McFarlane, an' Stan Lee all under one roof.
Just a bit of sarcasm.

Bring on those foreign editions, I'll make sure the labels get done right and they're not lazily notated as reprints because no one wants to do the research.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@TimBildhauser Whatever the voodoo that you do is; it's obviously potent stuff. I reached out to Comicpalooza admin. via Twitter & made mention that Mark Bagley wasn't booked for any dates in May just yet...and within an hour they responded w/ "Thank you for the recommendation, we're on it." Two down, three to go.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@BabaLament Nice!
Post 11 IP   flag post
601334 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?