Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

eBay Blocked Bidder List5651

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@poka most likely they will leave you negative no matter what. Might as well keep your items.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
If they neg you, a quick call to eBay explaining the reason you cancelled the sale will get the neg removed.

A buyer with a history of leaving unwarranted negative feedback and a high volume of returned items is pretty much a guarantee the new will be removed.

Especially if it contained anything that was not purely factual.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
**Huge TIP TO EBAY SELLERS**

I learned this the hard way. When someone buys your item, before you ship it to them. Look at their feedback, more specifically "Feedback left for others" tab. Case in point ebay buyer: imcrzy4luv
Around 50% of the feedback he left for sellers was negative or neutral. This type of buyer you should AVOID as you have a 50% chance he is going to pull some crap. In my case, he blamed damage to the comic on the post office and opened a claim to return it. He also felt the need to write "F*ck You" on the cover of the book he returned to me because I was giving him a hard time with the return supposedly.

So again back to my point. If a buyer has horrendous feedback left for others, I would suggest cancelling the transaction. You may or may not get your seller fees back but in the long run it is worth it because the buyer is probably going to try and return it, damage or steal it in some way anyways.

Just looked at the feedback this character left for books he recently bought.

I'm adding that d-bag to my blocked list now.

Thanks, Nampa.👍
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Me too
Post 29 IP   flag post
Oh - and I woke up this morning to a refund request for an arrived damaged case for a cbcs slab. Guess what the issue is?

The buyer thinks that the security seal is a damage and that the marks in the side left from the break of from the mound is an attempt to break open the slab.

Oh well - gave the link to the cbcs faq website and address the buyers concern. This one I am definitely going to dispute but as buyer is a newbie and this might be the first cbcs slab he has bought have offered a small courtesy refund.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Oh - and I woke up this morning to a refund request for an arrived damaged case for a cbcs slab. Guess what the issue is?

The buyer thinks that the security seal is a damage and that the marks in the side left from the break of from the mound is an attempt to break open the slab.

Oh well - gave the link to the cbcs faq website and address the buyers concern. This one I am definitely going to dispute but as buyer is a newbie and this might be the first cbcs slab he has bought have offered a small courtesy refund.

Newbie or not,the case is not damaged or tampered with.He was unaware of an issue, you advised him on it. No need to give away any money.

I wouldn't have given him any sort of partial refund.
Post 31 IP   flag post
@CopperAgeKids I know but I am a nice guy - at least to newbs Like the other day where a newb 2 min after paying for a slab asked me to ship to another address as just moved. I went through with her the approach and within 5 min the purchase was cancelled, relisted and paid again with the correct address.

Anyway - buyer is convinced that slab has been tampered with regardless of the CBCS FAQ site and declined my courtesy. I have offered him another solution. If he doesn't accept that one - then it will go to the ebay court - better find my purchase/grading invoice!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Anyway - buyer is convinced that slab has been tampered with regardless of the CBCS FAQ site and declined my courtesy. I have offered him another solution. If he doesn't accept that one - then it will go to the ebay court - better find my purchase/grading invoice!

Wait a minute ... he thought it was tampered with, but declined a refund? WTH? That doesn't make sense, unless it is a scam.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

Wait a minute ... he thought it was tampered with, but declined a refund? WTH? That doesn't make sense, unless it is a scam.

Small courtesy partial not full
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
@CopperAgeKids I know but I am a nice guy - at least to newbs Like the other day where a newb 2 min after paying for a slab asked me to ship to another address as just moved. I went through with her the approach and within 5 min the purchase was cancelled, relisted and paid again with the correct address.

Not sure what good a purchase/grading invoice will do for you.

But if you no longer have the physical copy, just use the screen shot function on your computer and capture the image from your order history by going to:

CBCS.com > Account >Order History

Than click on the order with that book in it and hit copy/paste after c locking onto "Screenshot" at the top of your screen.

Just curious; what is the book and what was the solution you offered him?
Post 35 IP   flag post
@CopperAgeKids lol - Tks - please give me a bit of credit. Do know how to navigate this website.

The solution was that he was really unhappy then a) he should stop buying cbcs slabs (probably the first one he bought) and b) happy to get it back - but he pays shipping. If he does not agree then goes to ebay court.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
@CopperAgeKids lol - Tks - please give me a bit of credit. Do know how to navigate this website.

The solution was that he was really unhappy then a) he should stop buying cbcs slabs (probably the first one he bought) and b) happy to get it back - but he pays shipping. If he does not agree then goes to ebay court.

Moment of truth tmr. Buyer is not responding so ebay will make a decision tmr. If I loose I will be very unhappy with eBay and will appeal immediately.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Moment of truth tmr. Buyer is not responding so ebay will make a decision tmr. If I loose I will be very unhappy with eBay and will appeal immediately.

...and I just talked with ebay. They will rule against me as the socalled "cracks" in the side of the slab was not described in the listing.

Time to find other selling sources than ebay
Post 38 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
...and I just talked with ebay. They will rule against me as the socalled "cracks" in the side of the slab was not described in the listing.

Why not try to put in a USPS claim for damage, and use the $50 to have it reholdered for the customer, see if that works?
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

Why not try to put in a USPS claim for damage, and use the $50 to have it reholdered for the customer, see if that works?

Thanks but I am not using USPS. This is to a buyer in Holland who apparently bought his first CBCS slab and continues to believe that it is a fake.

Anyway - I am fine. I will block the buyer, hope he losses the slab on the return to me and extend my listing descriptions with as much terms of purchase as I can possible include going forward.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Myke went through a similar mess due to markings from the CBCS mold.

If the marks are prominent, I guess I'll have to point them out in any future CBCS listings & explain where they came from. Including a link to CBCS' FAQ page isn't a bad idea either.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Myke went through a similar mess due to markings from the CBCS mold.

If the marks are prominent, I guess I'll have to point them out in any future CBCS listings & explain where they came from. Including a link to CBCS' FAQ page isn't a bad idea either.

Yep I remember. You can try and include the link, but based on a conversation I just had with an ebay representative such links ebay will disregard when reaching a decision. They will solely rely on your description of the items and disregard any links to external websites and information on such websites. So your only option is really to copy and paste the CBCS FAQ to your listing description (guess you can put a source of the information).
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Geez, I'm happy I don't sell. What a headache! I realize this isn't the common experience for the majority of sellers, but it sure sounds like a pain.
Post 43 IP   flag post
@poka Was the deciding factor the fact that the markings weren't mentioned in the ad?
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, I misinterpreted your post from a few days ago.

Moving on...
Besides setting up at cons, there pretty much aren't any other selling avenues than eBay. At least not ones who have as much traffic.

I know people sell books on Instagram, which I think is ridiculous.

There is also the possibility of Facebook comic groups....and believe it or not, but a lot of people over pay for books in Facebook "buy it now" sales threads and auctions.

But not on slabs....the books that sell for more than they sell for over on eBay are all raws.

Slabs don't do that well. They are graded so there is no way to take lousy pics and call a GD+ book a VG/FN.😉😂😩😩😩

I haven't bothered with selling anywhere but eBay, Comic Link and at comic cons; I only set up at about 4-6 cons per year and they come with plenty of logistical issues, overhead, expenses etc.

There are sites like eBay; such as Amazon. I have to believe that Amazon would be worse than eBay considering how slimy Amazons business model is.

Any books that I am worried about having an issue selling myself via eBay, I consign to Comic Connect and Comic Link.

They charge virtually the same percentage as eBay and PayPal collectively charge and they do all the work.

WRT, your problem buyer in Holland, the odds of him actually not disregarding the seller's input in such a situation as you're in now are reduced significantly when the seller has the market presence that Comic Link or Comic Connect has.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
@poka Was the deciding factor the fact that the markings weren't mentioned in the ad?

Yes - ebay rep said that either I should have uploaded a picture of the side of the slab or stated in the description.
Post 46 IP   flag post
@CopperAgeKids I will be in the red of $50 for postage on this one assuming that buyer/eBay will not force me to also refund the additional $30 I learnt buyer had to pay in import taxes and which he was not happy about. I know it is cost of business but in this case it is ridiculous.

On the other hand, on Thursday night I got a message from a comic shop in the US whether I could offer a quick shipping for one of my items as they needed the comic urgently (a slab of an comic which is not rare but not common either assuming they were buying on behalf of a client). I said yes but expensive and uploaded the expedited shipping option. 5 min later the comic shop bought it and got a thank you message from the shop. I shipped it Friday. The comic shop received it Monday morning ( which is impressive as it was Hong Kong post and USPS who were the couriers). Got another thank you note on Monday how gorgeous the comic was and that they had left me postive feedback. Took a look at my feedbacks and they had left a very nice feedback. Wish all transactions were as easy as that one
Post 47 IP   flag post
Mind sharing what book they wanted so bad?

Just curious.
Post 48 IP   flag post
@00slim one of jesse_O’s favorites

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/4641/page/4/ebay---slabs-for-sale
Post 49 IP   flag post
Was it the Elvira book?
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Was it the Elvira book?

She seems to become popular again.
Post 51 IP   flag post
I always liked her & not just for the obvious reasons. She carved a niche for herself & has earned her place in geek culture.
Post 52 IP   flag post
@poka On a different note, you don't have the gold edition of the Turok #1 for sale, do you?
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:

Sorry Jesse_O others share your crushes
Post 54 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry Jesse_O others share your crushes

LOL!!!
Post 55 IP   flag post
598086 80 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?