Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeQuestions

Any Luck Selling Expensive Comics in Forum??5631

Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
It's also highly recommended that, whilst putting your books up for sale, and before you press 'Enter' or 'Go'....

Have some Zeppelin jamming, at full volume, at your place. Shake the foundations, man!

I suggest 'Immigrant Song'. But only, and I mean ONLY, if you want top dollar for your books.

https://youtu.be/RlNhD0oS5pk
Post 51 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@CopperAgeKids The thread really just started as a fact-finding mission.

I've sold on ComicLink a number of times and have had good success doing so. However, I know that I wouldn't get any generated funds until probably late Spring or Summer. I've never sold on ComicConnect or MyComicShop (although I've purchased from both numerous times).

I was simply wondering about people's sale experiences through the forum. In the end, I probably will go through ComicLink again, but if I could get what I consider to be a good price through the forum and, in doing so, help a fellow member get a key that he /she has been looking for, then that's a win-win.

How can you not sell it for that lowball price mentioned earlier in the thread brah?

Actually great idea - think I will start quoting the average of the past 48 months if in my favour when making an offer 🤣

Oh, I'm sorry - did I misinterpret he was trying to sell a cgc slab on a cbcs forum, possibly looking to sell it quickly since he's not using auction houses? Get over yourselves.

LOL you can save yourself the embarrassment by lowballing based on 2 year old data in PM next time doctor😊

A two year average is different than two year old data. Nobody is embarrassed here but you brah
Post 52 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Marximus if not my favorite Zeppelin song, then it had to be in the top 3.
Post 53 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Marximus if not my favorite Zeppelin song, then it has to be in the top 3.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've sold on ComicLink a number of times and have had good success doing so. However, I know that I wouldn't get any generated funds until probably late Spring or Summer. I've never sold on ComicConnect or MyComicShop (although I've purchased from both numerous times).

I was simply wondering about people's sale experiences through the forum. In the end, I probably will go through ComicLink again, but if I could get what I consider to be a good price through the forum and, in doing so, help a fellow member get a key that he /she has been looking for, then that's a win-win.

How can you not sell it for that lowball price mentioned earlier in the thread brah?

Actually great idea - think I will start quoting the average of the past 48 months if in my favour when making an offer 🤣

Oh, I'm sorry - did I misinterpret he was trying to sell a cgc slab on a cbcs forum, possibly looking to sell it quickly since he's not using auction houses? Get over yourselves.

LOL you can save yourself the embarrassment by lowballing based on 2 year old data in PM next time doctor😊

A two year average is different than two year old data. Nobody is embarrassed here but you brah

Why would I be embarrassed? I actually know what I'm doing brah.
Post 55 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I actually know what I'm doing brah.

Post 56 IP   flag post
This one's for you, @VaComicsGuy. Here's the grail that I bought. And, again... Sorry for the picture quality.

Post 57 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It's my favorite song for which I don't know any of the lyrics.
Post 58 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I have sold a lot of cheap comics on this site. Probably more than anyone else here. But only a few books over $100 and I think the highest was just under $500.

Every single one of my books I advertised on here, sold in less than five minutes. But to be fair. My asking prices were way below current values. As much as it hurts personally, I am in a crusade to maintain a more reasonable value for comic books.

I think you can not beat this site for selling, IF you offer books at below fair market value.

If top dollar is your goal, then other web sites are a better option for you.

But it can not hurt to offer up what you have for sale at what price you want, on here first. The worst that can happen is you hear crickets. But you will probably get private message offers close to what you are asking. Then you make a decision.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

It's my favorite song for which I don't know any of the lyrics.

Achilles Last Stand off of the Listen to this, Eddie = best Zepp performance ever. Something unnatural happening on Bohnams wicked drumming that night.....😎
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 That FF#5 is so hawt. Wow you have some awesome books. But you should keep the FF 48 too. That is rare in that condition. You probably can even press it up to a higher grade as well.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Thanks, @KingNampa. I appreciate that. I may hold onto it and sell others. I'll just have to see how I feel. I told my wife I'd sell some to repay must of the cost of the FF5 and that one would go a long way toward paying much of that. So, we'll see. But, again, thanks.
Post 62 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to make an offer on the FF 5. But I would be embarrassed to actually say the number out loud.

Beautiful book.

I have a nice FF 48, but I want a #5. But ten grand is out of my league unless I sell something else I love as much as I would love that.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Please don't let Stan Lee sign that FF#5
Post 64 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@DWeeB1967 That FF#5 is so hawt. Wow you have some awesome books. But you should keep the FF 48 too. That is rare in that condition. You probably can even press it up to a higher grade as well.

THIS!

That FF#5 is gorgeous, and keep that #48.
Post 65 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Please don't let Stan Lee sign that FF#5

AND THIS!
Post 66 IP   flag post
Same boat I'm in, @conditionfreak, but I just couldn't pass up the FF5. Growing up in the 1970s, I loved the FF and I really loved Doctor Doom. I've been wanting to buy one for years but everytime I came across a nice copy, it would get bought before I could snag it. This time, I decided that wasn't going to happen. I was just fortunate that it worked out.

So now I want to sell some to offset the cost. But it's hard selling many of the keys I have since I've had many of them for decades. And, like @KingNampa said, some of them like the FF48, are kind of hard to find in nice shape.

My goal is to sell as few as possible but I also need to keep in mind my attachment to them and sell those that don't mean as much to me. Problem is that most of my high-dollar keys *ARE* the ones that mean the most to me, and not necessary because of their value. Many I've just had for years. But that's the hard part of being a collector, right?
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
I have a nice FF 3 I'd trade for that FF 5.

Of course it isn't in quite as nice condition . . . BUT 3 is closer to 1 than 5!

😎😜😁
Post 68 IP   flag post
@KingNampa @Pre_Coder Don't worry... Stan isn't coming near these comics.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Doctor Doom's first appearance in an ASM title was also #5.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
@KingNampa @Pre_Coder Don't worry... Stan isn't coming near these comics.

Post 71 IP   flag post
@QuaBrot Thanks... But no thanks. Hey, I just got the FF5 today. You gotta give me time to get tired of it first.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There is very little to no rational perspective in applying a "2 year average" towards a book that is traded often , in virtually all grades.

Like an FF 48.

If it was a esoteric gold or pre-code horror book that has only had been offered & sold a handful of times...like a 4.0, a 3.0, 5.0,5.5 and 6.0...within the last 2 years....than you could infer a pricing trend on the book, to a relatively fair degree if you know why that specific book is trending up or down, and than extrapolated the pricing spread and how that differential impacts GA to precode books between 2.0 to 6.0.

Even than, there are nuances and variables to factor in.

Accurately gauging FMV can be done on such a book, in that way. But you have to know everything about the book and its' current demand/supply. That includes understanding that GPA & GOCOLLECT are largely just record keepers for stabbed books. Sure, studying pricing trends on books over the years is part of assessing a book's current FMV, but that is only part of the equation.

That said...

What I outlined above does not remotely apply to the shinola that you were shoveling.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@QuaBrot Thanks... But no thanks. Hey, I just got the FF5 today. You gotta give me time to get tired of it first.

OK, I'll give you a whole week - from tomorrow even!

Enjoy it, it's a beautiful book. Just don't crack the case while you're cuddling with it!
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
If it was a esoteric gold or pre-code horror book that has only had been offered & sold a handful of times...like a 4.0, a 3.0, 5.0,5.5 and 6.0...within the last 2 years....than you could infer a pricing trend on the book, to a relatively fair degree if you know why that specific book is trending up or down, and than extrapolated the pricing spread and how that differential impacts GA to precode books between 2.0 to 6.0.

24 month average on one specific grade, 9.2. What are you even talking about? It's not even the same thing. You act like I'm trying to infer a gap in grades to conclude my average.
Post 75 IP   flag post
@QuaBrot No guarantees.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids

24 month average on one specific grade, 9.2. What are you even talking about? It's not even the same thing. You act like I'm trying to infer a gap in grades to conclude my average.

My point was that a 2 year or so average can be logically applied to a book with sales that are far and few between.

Than, you have to extrapolate the initial projected value by knowing price spreads on a book.

Than, you add that in with other variables to come up with an accurate projection of approximate FMV.

In this case, an FF 48 that has about what .. dozens of sales on a monthly basis in various grades....and 3 sales so far in 2018 for a 9.2 ....your 2 year average has no practical application.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
[Insert popcorn meme here]
Post 78 IP   flag post
Sorry, I disagree.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to use the Two Year Average Plan ™ from now on when I make offers.

Post 80 IP   flag post
600884 89 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?