Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Love LIS! Thanks for the post.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
OH, the pain of it all!
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Found this video of Guy Williams' screen test for the original Lost in Space TV show from the 60's. Quite a handsome, uh, guy. I never really noticed it before, but he kind of has a resemblance to both JFK and George Clooney in this video.
Just a cool little piece of history.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, that was cool
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
He was a pretty good Zorro, as well.
Post 8 IP   flag post
New trailer!

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! I'll be watching.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Loved the show as a kid, will definetly be watching.

But somewhere sometime they need to give credit to the comic as the inspiration for the TV series
Post 11 IP   flag post
clickable text
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
clickable text

That was great, thanks for sharing. Watched the original series repeatedly, can’t wait to see this version.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Anyone else start watching this yet? Just released on NETFLIX. I'm on episode 2. So far so REALLY good. For you old timers that watched the original, pay close attention to who the actor is playing Dr Smith near the end of episode 1. You'll get a kick outta who it is
Post 14 IP   flag post
Hey, this is fun. Just saw another easter egg in episode 2. A nod to another OG actor. I won't give it away though.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'm hooked. I hope more of you give this show a look. Just finished binge watching and I really liked it. It's a good family sci-fi. I'm already looking forward to the second season. Enjoy!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
I read a review that said it had some great FX but lacked the heart and fun of the original. I think I’ll pass.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I like making up my own mind rather than relying on reviews. It's more of a serious show rather than the idiotic bumbling Dr Smith.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I like making up my own mind as well on movies and TV. I'm also low hanging fruit for this sort of stuff. I'll watch it even if only so-so

I've through episode 7 and I'm not really impressed. FX is good but the actors always seem to be acting - probably because the dialog and many of the situations seem unrealistic. I'm sure for actors it's a lot easier to turn in a great performances when the characters aren't cardboard and the dialogue stiff. Saying it lacks the heart and fun of the original is a good way to put it. I won't go into areas I found groan worthy because I don't want to post any spoilers.

I will finish the last three episodes and hopefully they finish strong. I don't hate it - just wish it were better.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
**SPOILER** (kind-of)

Skip the first two episodes...useless family drama.

The rest is a teenage action flick, with some cool graphics.
Post 20 IP   flag post
The first 2 were good for the easter eggs
Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
shameless plug lol

wow that thumbnail is huge

Post 22 IP   flag post
Nice review. I for one did not like the campiness of the original. Also hated it in the 60's Batman series, but that's just me. I always liked the more realistic type shows. Maybe that's why I liked this remake.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Now I understand why some of my old Robinson lost in space have started to sell!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I like making up my own mind rather than relying on reviews. It's more of a serious show rather than the idiotic bumbling Dr Smith.

Review after review has said similar things and I've seen the trailer. Frankly I would rather not waste my time on something that doesn't appeal to me from the jump.

As far as the "idiotic bumbling Dr Smith", that was a huge part of the charm of the show and what made it popular.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Of course, there are going to people out there who don't like it. And then there are those that do. On Rotten Tomatoes, 75% liked it. For Google users, 92% liked it. IMDB.com gave it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. So if people want to rag on it, go for it. I don't care. I will be waiting for season 2.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I have a fondness for the classic robot. But I admit this Ultron type is probably more realistic for rugged terrain.

I can not watch Netflix though, so it is a moot point at the moment.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Just ok.
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Nice review. I for one did not like the campiness of the original. Also hated it in the 60's Batman series, but that's just me. I always liked the more realistic type shows. Maybe that's why I liked this remake.

Thanks OG! I agree that there will ALWAYS be people on "both sides", that is those who like something and those who don't. The key there is to try not to invalidate someone else's opinion just because it differs from our own. (I am in no way saying you did this, rather i am speaking generally)

I also like gritty, realism in SciFi. In fact, I've liked it ever since I first got in to Mechwarrior back in the 1980s.

Reboots can be tricky. They either have to retell a story in the same way yet do it in a way that it brings something new to the table or tell it a completely different way. Batman in the 80s worked because his "darkness" was so completely different than the 60's series version. It was a far departure from the "pow!" "bam!" "smack!" era that it was hard to compare the 2 versions.

With LIS, it should be the same thing. Either tell the story in the same way with updates (which would include campiness and an over-the-top villain) or go in a different direction like Batman did with the darkness. Since they chose to take a different route, I believe they should have taken it farther in to the seriousness or darkness than they did. Otherwise, it's not far enough away from the original to feel like it did something new with the property. It wasn't far enough away and so I found myself comparing it to the original series.

Don't get me wrong, I did like it. My 6.5/10 (3.25/5 stars) still places it above a completely average score. I especially liked the look of the first couple of Neil Marshall directed episodes. They had a slick, cinematic feel to them that was really good.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@JLS_Comics Thanks for the review. I watched the first episode and will watch the rest as time permits.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600742 47 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?