Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Books are back from CBCS!5508

Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Got my books back today, mixed bunch of grades, some im not overly thrilled about but not bad in all. Nothing special but happy to have them back and nice to see my Phil Buckenham sketches slabbed.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Other than you Nova 1, I'd say you should be pretty happy. I have a dozen books due back tomorrow. I'll make sure to share. In closing nice books! Nuff said.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, good luck with your books!

I was more disappointed with the ASM 606 and 607 as i didnt expect much from Nova. Grading notes had several of the books as having 'bends' which, in honesty, I hadnt noticed prior to shipping. Luckily it didnt majorly effect the grading on most. Would have loved the Anno Dracula to come back higher. One of my favourite modern covers.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
Other than you Nova 1, I'd say you should be pretty happy.

LOL That's actually the only one that caught my attention, but then I don't collect moderns.
I met Marv Wolfman, but sadly have no sigs from him (we met at the hotel/restaurant at last year's SDCC, and I wasn't carrying books) I'd love to have that Nova in my collection! Congrats @rtdcomics
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Nice haul!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

LOL That's actually the only one that caught my attention, but then I don't collect moderns.

Not at all? No moderns? How come?

Some of the best art and stories I find are moderns.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Nice collection. Like @MR_SigS The Nova #1 is more in my wheel house too. I would also like a Pence copy to go with my Nova collection. Nice Spideys and Star Wars books too.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
Quote:

Partly because there are too many books on my want list from youth. Any comics I had in my youth were thrown out by mom, and moderns put a real strain on the finances.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Nice collection. Like @MR_SigS The Nova #1 is more in my wheel house too. I would also like a Pence copy to go with my Nova collection. Nice Spideys and Star Wars books too.

LOL I didn't even notice that was a pence copy.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Great books not bad grades at all
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Partly because there are too many books on my want list from youth. Any comics I had in my youth were thrown out by mom, and moderns put a real strain on the finances.

Hm, I feel like that is the comic industry as a whole.

There are just so many you'll want that the collection will never stop
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hm, I feel like that is the comic industry as a whole.

There are just so many you'll want that the collection will never stop

I should add that I do pick up the occasional TPB outside of my focus. Once I've satisfied my current search, I'll probably switch to collected volumes of more recent critically acclaimed stories. Mostly Batman, I'm sure. I don't plan to collect Golden/Atomic Age, except perhaps for ECs, but that's not likely.
Post 12 IP   flag post
600451 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?