Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Fun question about comic book theme park5505

Collector EngineJoe private msg quote post Address this user
I was wondering if Marvel had a theme park or museum to bring my children to? I know there are a few rides at universal studios that have themed rides but will there ever be a Marvel World @ Disney? I know probably not with all the different ownerships of different rights etc. but wouldn’t that be awesome!

I’m also thinking about hunting down some comics I used to love from Marvel. Idk if it was called an annual issue or I may be mistaken, but it listed all characters in alphabetical order, had a picture and bio, and I remember specifically it saying deceased or not.

Does anyone know what those books were called? Thinking this would be a great way to introduce my kids to the Marvel characters’ backgrounds before watching the movies! Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Look at "Offical guide to the Marvel universe" and "Handbook of the Marvel Universe"

Post 2 IP   flag post
Sounding familiar marvel universe thanks guy!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@EngineJoe For a comic book museum, look up Geppi's Entertainment Museum in Baltimore.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
So it's true that Marvel cannot use certain characters for rides as they are under license still to Universal for use in their theme parks.

That said, Disney is still doing Marvel things at their parks.

At Disneyworld's Epcot, Disney is building a Guardians ride to permanently replace an older ride.

Disneyland has the Guardians of the Galaxy "Mission Breakout" ride that opened, I think, last summer.

and then there is this:
Marvel themed hotel

Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel, which is set to open in 2020. The hotel will showcase the inspiring world of Marvel Super Heroes, including The Avengers, Iron Man, Spider-Man and more in the style of a contemporary art gallery, and will open in 2020.

The Marvel Super Hero universe is coming to Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris

D23 EXPO 2017: Immersive new Marvel themed land announced for Disneyland Resort
Post 5 IP   flag post
Paris??!?!! The wife’s gonna love this trip!

Wow, Hong Kong too? Why is everything Marvel all the way across the ocean, why?!
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
lol the contract with Universal that they signed back in the early 1990s (this was pre-Disney buyout and pre-bankruptcy) bars them from using Marvel characters within a 60 mile radius of a Universal theme park. They can do stores, skins and things like that but nothing permanent
Post 7 IP   flag post
598060 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?