Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
If I have a CBCS slabbed comic which has a hairline crack can i get it reslabbed with the same grade? I guess if the crack is deemed accidental?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
They might let you send it back and they will reholder it for free. I had a huge stack of slabs during the rivet year and I complained of excess plastic shaved off the sides and hairline cracks along the sides. I sent then entire stack back to them and after 3 phone calls and a shipping refund check a month later, CBCS made it right. Sometimes it is defects in the plastic manufacturers molds. It's more of a visible pain than a structural issue. Hope this helps.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@teacha777 if you mean that one of your books came back from CBCS with a crack in the case then you should be able to contact customer service to arrange for it to be reslabbed free of charge.

If instead you mean that maybe you dropped a slab or you bought one online with a crack in it, then yes, you can submit it to CBCS as a re-holder, which costs $10+shipping and the book will be placed in a new outer holder without being regraded. I believe it will keep the same serial number and update it to the newest label if necessary
Post 3 IP   flag post
Clarification I bought the slab from ebay. The seller told me there was a hairline crack in the back of the case that he didn’t know about, asked if I still wanted the case I said yes and he said he would refund me some money. I don’t mind having to repay for the slab, I was just hoping I could still keep the grade (it’s a 9.8) w/o having to go through the half a year long process lol.

edit: I wrote this reply w/o reading the previous reply thanks!...so Next con I’ll drop the book off! Thanks
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
Clarification I bought the slab from ebay. The seller told me there was a hairline crack in the back of the case that he didn’t know about, asked if I still wanted the case I said yes and he said he would refund me some money. I don’t mind having to repay for the slab, I was just hoping I could still keep the grade (it’s a 9.8) w/o having to go through the half a year long process lol.

edit: I wrote this reply w/o reading the previous reply thanks!...so Next con I’ll drop the book off! Thanks

If the inner well has been compromised by the crack, it will have to be regraded.

Cosmetic cracks and related cosmetic issues qualify for reholders. Not structural problems, just be sure the crack doesn't effect the integrity of the outer holder, before you wait until the next con to sub the slab.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777

If the inner well has been compromised by the crack, it will have to be regraded.

Cosmetic cracks and related cosmetic issues qualify for reholders. Not structural problems, just be sure the crack doesn't effect the integrity of the outer holder, before you wait until the next con to sub the slab.

Doesn’t seem like it, but I won’t know for sure until I see a CBCS rep anyway right?
Post 6 IP   flag post
600892 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?