Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I need something to cheer me up so here are a few questions from buyers from the past week:

1. any chance you can give me free shipping...because I live in ...
2. what is the difference between a trade and a virgin? One has never been read?

Anyone has any others to share?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
"Lowest price for a disabled veteran?"
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Not that he could prove he was a disabled veteran short of sending you his drivers license and dd-214, but did you give him a lower price?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Under the photo it will say, "VA HEALTHCARE ENROLLEESERVICE CONNECTED"
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

Under the photo it will say, "VA HEALTHCARE ENROLLEESERVICE CONNECTED"

Yeah I know what the va card looks like, I have one. But I would never send a phot of that to anyone lol.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Me too and me either
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I had a buyer ask me if my Crow one was a first print.

Even though I answered yes they did not buy the book leaving me to wonder why they bothered to ask the question to begin with.

Post 7 IP   flag post
It's really cool that our LCS gives us vets 15% discount on all purchases.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Let me guess... is his eBay username GOARMY12345? He tries that line on everyone!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
removed
Post 10 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:

Let me guess... is his eBay username GOARMY12345? He tries that line on everyone!

I still think someone should sign up as Jenny8675309.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga

Yes, that's the guy. Even before I got the request I had read about his (?) tactics on this forum...so when it did I was like "I know this guy...I guess it's my turn."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSult

Not that he could prove he was a disabled veteran short of sending you his drivers license and dd-214, but did you give him a lower price?

I gave him my lowest price that I'd offer others. I did not lower it any further for him, but I didn't make a deal of it or challenge his claim. He ended up accepting the offer. I thanked him for his service to our country.

So other than thanking him, I did not treat him any different than any other customer. Most places offering discounts require proof, which was not offered. If the guy is not a vet and disabled, then they have to live with themselves for the tactics their pulling. Me? I don't care. I got what I wanted. I'm not going to make a stink about of it.

But when I do see someone in uniform out and about sometimes I offer to pay for their coffee or whatever small food item if I am in line with them, or donate to their cause if they are collecting. They do make great sacrifices that I appreciate and pay it forward when I can.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
This donkey thought this variant sketch cover was a fake or something. He is one to add to your banned buyer list as he left me a negative even after I offered him a full refund AND would let him keep the book.

Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@dpiercy call ebay (not email, they hardly respond). I had an unreasonable buyer leave negative and a 10 minute phone call got it removed immediately. If you tried to resolve the issue and offered refund, you have a solid case.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Low ballers (which I block with preset declines) and cheap asses always wanting $2 shipping costs.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
Low ballers (which I block with preset declines) and cheap asses always wanting $2 shipping costs.
There ain't no shipping fairy yet buyers always want shipping cost to be the seller's problem.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer I did call them and they wouldn’t remove the feedback. Booo! 🤷‍♂️
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy

try again. Maybe you just got an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II

I forgot to preset a value on one auction recently and was offered $2 for a book I was asking $15 for with free shipping. I politely explained to the person that offer would cost me more to ship it than they were offering (did not get into audacity of offering less than 20% my asking price on top of it)...and made a reasonable offer. Declined, without a word! Felt like blocking the dude, but instead corrected my error which allowed such a foolish offer to waste my time to begin with. At least they declined it....better than those who let a counteroffer stagnate and expire after 48 hrs...don't get me started there!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Kryptn private msg quote post Address this user
Good to know about offers and counteroffers.Did not want to offend somebody with a counteroffer.Thank you
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
There ain't no shipping fairy yet buyers always want shipping cost to be the seller's problem.

Let's not forget about shipping supplies, because I don't know about you, but I get all that stuff for free. All of it is for free.

So I'll sell an item, pay ebay, pay payal, and pay for shipping supplies and shipping.

Quote:

I forgot to preset a value on one auction recently and was offered $2 for a book I was asking $15 for with free shipping. I politely explained to the person that offer would cost me more to ship it than they were offering (did not get into audacity of offering less than 20% my asking price on top of it)...and made a reasonable offer. Declined, without a word! Felt like blocking the dude, but instead corrected my error which allowed such a foolish offer to waste my time to begin with. At least they declined it....better than those who let a counteroffer stagnate and expire after 48 hrs...don't get me started there!

I had that happen awhile ago as well, where I forgot to set a preset. I am on the other side though, where I will just decline your offer.

I'm polite to people that are polite, but if you're an ******* or a ******* ********** piece of ****, I will also block you.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the auto declines. I just love the visual of the backhand ***** slap to a low baller.
Get that crap outta here. Your garbage didn't even get to me
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy

Call them again and politely explain the situation.

If they still won't remove the neg, ask to speak to a supervisor.

There is absolutely no reason for you to not get that feedback removed.

I know from experience.
I dealt with a flake calling himself Project-Rebirth on eBay, just got his feedback removed and the case was reversed and decided in my favor a few days ago...it took 3 phone calls but it was worth it to get the neg removed, and out of principle, I didn't want him to get away with wasting my time and money.

Block that toolbox.

He is actually on the CGC Forums blocked bidder list...he backed out on at least 4 ebay purchases from CGC boardies who he hit BIN's from on eBay.

If I had saw that before be bought and returned a book from me, damaging it in the process and giving me a neg, that would have saved me a lot of time.

With any luck, the report I filed against him will get his ebay account suspended.

I uploaded the feedback about him from other ebay sellers, via the CGC Forums thread.I hope that gets him canned.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
This is the first (of many) messages from the twatsicle that I referenced above:

Bay Item #202183580466

-----------

New message from: project-rebirth (624Purple Star)

I want to return this for a full refund.

The listing states "white pages." The pages are not white. Also: The white mark on the top of front cover described in the listing as a printer flaw is actually a small abrasion (almost a bump) to the cover that is causing the white mark.

Packaging was very good. Please was very good. Please initiate the return policy. Thank you.

And if you really wanna have a laugh, read some feedback on said twatsicle from the CGC Forums here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/204307-please-add-this-flake-to-your-ebay-blocked-bidders-list/?page=6
Post 22 IP   flag post
600660 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?