Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

Changes to ASP: AWs Please read5469

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
How about a searchable Facilitator database with geography, services and reviews? Since many of us will now need to exclusively utilize their services, I'd like a convenient way to access them.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@JLS_Comics i think that is a great idea. To me that’s the hardiest part with me is finding someone that’s going to a particular show that I want a signature from. VS me sending it to someone and they hold it forever because I’m not sure when that person is rolling through.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector obiwan1971 private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone need a falicatator I attend 12-15 shows per year. There are people on forum as well as FB that have used me and know how professional I am. I do signings with both celebrities and artist. I have a big signing coming up in April that I will be announcing next week. So if I can help just reach out
Post 53 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@comicsforme What makes you the judge of who is or who isn't a real collector?
Post 54 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
How about a searchable Facilitator database with geography, services and reviews? Since many of us will now need to exclusively utilize their services, I'd like a convenient way to access them.
There is a Facebook group I joined recently where people post asking for a facilitator or notifying the group that one is available for certain shows.

I only joined the group recently so U can't speak to quality yet but it does exist.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
There is a Facebook group I joined recently where people post asking for a facilitator or notifying the group that one is available for certain shows.

I only joined the group recently so U can't speak to quality yet but it does exist.

There is something similar on the CGC forums in regards to witnessing requests. Maybe CBCS should start a designated one here. I think JLS’s suggestion is a good one too.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
So stupid question here, but just to confirm, we can still get a yellow label slab cracked, add a signature, and submit for a yellow label again so long as its cracked by an AW and the label/paperwork are submitted to CBCS, right?
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Update...

Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Update...

This is A LOT better in my opinion. It is a fair and reasonable compromise. Thank you Mark and CBCS!
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Update...

Yes...5 is doable...might even up my submissions...10 and i send in none...if i have 3 books i want signed i can add 2 to get to 5...might even do that 2 or 3 times in a year...so now 10 to 15 i send in vs 0 if 10 is the minimum
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector anthonybischoff private msg quote post Address this user
Great move even though I mainly get 10 or more.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Additional update posted by Mark Roman on March 9th, 2018 on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Roman
Follow-up on CBCS changes & new guidelines:

IN-HOUSE PRESSING: Invoice submissions that need pressing services are to be done separately from submissions that do NOT require pressing.
Any ASP book submitted with 10 or more signatures will be charged an additional $5 processing fee. ASP books with 20 or more signatures will have an additional $5 fee added on again. The reason for this increase in processing fees is the length of time required to check each signature and date associated with the books.
The minimum submission of books from CBCS approved witnesses (Personal-Use AW & Facilitators) is still 5 per show (previously changed from 10, as the minimum).
Personal Use AWs are not allowed to have their books travel to other events to add signatures, unless the additional signatures are handled by a Facilitator, with proper documentation (multi-event forms).
· Facilitators & Personal-use AWs must submit all books within 10 business days of the last signing event, submissions after 10 days risk not qualifying for an ASP (yellow label) designation.
· Facilitators submitting books with incomplete submission paperwork or turning in books inside of window-cut bags, will have a $1/book surcharge added to that submission. Effective March 1st, 2018.
**Personal Use AWs must apply for AW status a least two weeks prior to the signing event.
Thank you
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
following.
Post 63 IP   flag post
How does AW work if CBCS is at the convention?
Only asking as I have a diner with Steranko where 3 items can be signed -guessing CBCS won't be there so I have started the paper work to get AW status.
Would I still be able to then witness my own books the remainder of the convention and just hand books and paperwork to the CBCS table for return to the shop for grading?

Or would I maybe have AW status for the diner and then have to use CBCS for other books (wouldn't like that option as would probably be treated as 2 orders?? and then extra shipping??)
Post 64 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Mark Roman's email address is mroman@cbcscomics.com
He would be happy to answer your questions.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

It's funny what the mind sees at a quick glance.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Thanks - already have AW paper work sent back with a few questions - just thought I would check here too!

Never done AW nor photo ops or diner etc. Usually just sketches or signatures or a few submissions here or there... a bit nervous..I kind of live thinking if the sky isn't falling that doesn't mean the ground isn't falling away under my feet
Post 67 IP   flag post
You'll have a great time with Steranko. He's an awesome man.
Post 68 IP   flag post
CBCS Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammitChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaulus
I wanted to clarify something regarding the new rules for the ASP. Based on the emails I’m receiving some people are thinking that they have to submit a minimum of 10 books to have them yellow labeled. That is not the case as customers wanting yellow label books can still walk up to the CBCS booth with just one book, ask for a witness and get it signed and submitted.

They can't if you all aren't at the con. I've never seen CBCS at Knoxville Comic Con here in Tennessee. With all due respect, this rule is punishing the honest collectors who attend many of these smaller cons while fattening the wallets of the facilitators. Thats not right.

Fanboy Expo?
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user
Question:

I had met David Finch last weekend and was approved as an AW for the event. I've already sent my books in for grading however I had missed the portion that says David Finch has to have managers initials on the form to get a yellow label. I was not charged as I'm active military stationed here overseas.

So because of this am I now screwed on getting a yellow label for my books?
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector Hanginglimbs private msg quote post Address this user
Speedforce, I had a similar situation last year. Reach out to Mark or Steve. What you may want to do is also send David Finch's people a note and let them know. Send a pic for memory as well. Hopefully they'll remember and give you the thumbs up
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedforceKJ
Question:

I had met David Finch last weekend and was approved as an AW for the event. I've already sent my books in for grading however I had missed the portion that says David Finch has to have managers initials on the form to get a yellow label. I was not charged as I'm active military stationed here overseas.

So because of this am I now screwed on getting a yellow label for my books?

I've been looking but can't find the list of what people require what i.e. initials etc. - anyone have a link??

Oh wait...if maybe I opened my eyes!!! Found it! Looks like that is a few months old - any updates?
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
What's the appropriate method to submit for a yellow labeled art/commissioned piece that was done in Nov/Dec but only just picked up from the artist this weekend? Do you put the date information from when the piece was actually done, or when it was actually received from the artist?

Never submitted an art piece before so not sure the best way to go about it. Is it just treated the same as an witnessed signature?

Appreciate the clarification
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestar
What's the appropriate method to submit for a yellow labeled art/commissioned piece that was done in Nov/Dec but only just picked up from the artist this weekend? Do you put the date information from when the piece was actually done, or when it was actually received from the artist?

Never submitted an art piece before so not sure the best way to go about it. Is it just treated the same as an witnessed signature?

Appreciate the clarification

@fivestar Contact Mark Roman of CBCS. His e-mail is in the OP of this thread. There is a form that the Artist should fill out. He can provide the form and instructions on how to submit the art.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Mark's email address is mroman@cbcscomics.com
Post 75 IP   flag post
Clarification on mechanics/steps
I have my approved AW form from Mr. Roman (check!) - when getting my books signed I inform the artists that I am AW for CBCS (check!) - do I have to have my on-line order form pre-filed/payed so if they want to initial the paper work they can? Or do I just get books signed then fill out order forms to send in with my books later?

Only asking as the # of books I get signed may change depending on how much I've spent on original artwork

Right now have between 4 and 8 for Steranko and 1 to 4 for Adams but if I buy a piece of art from Steranko then I may just have 4 or 5 for Steranko and 1 or 2 for Adams...
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Sloptimusgrime private msg quote post Address this user
So perhaps a new section broken down by state of reliable and approved witnesses and their approval list of conventions they'll be attending or broken down by conventions. This could definitely be doable if broken down properly.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
10-18-2018 Mark Roman announced a change on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Roman
After hearing many of you out & carefully taking into consideration, the time needed to process orders for other witnesses & customers, CBCS has decided to extend your books to be submitted to CBCS to 30 days, after getting your books signed, instead of 10 business days. International Facilitators will now have 60 days. We hope this helps. Personal-Use AWs, still have 10 business days, to turn books in after obtaining signatures.
Post 78 IP   flag post
214262 78 28
destitute