Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

How would you handle this ebay transaction?5430

Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
that a typo, and cant resell this. is what it should have been.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Khumbu private msg quote post Address this user
As long as it is just a dent, he can sell it at a garage sale. Although I have seen a lot worse stuff for sale on e-bay.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I like pie.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Seller hasn't gotten back to me. The item shows I still have to pay since I cancelled the payment. He never told me if he contacted ebay or paypal to find out what the problem was with the payment. I just sent another message asking for him to get back to me.

In the description he stated that the comic was a great candidate for grading. So it makes it even more strange he thought it was a good idea to package the comic so poorly.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Seller hasn't gotten back to me. The item shows I still have to pay since I cancelled the payment. He never told me if he contacted ebay or paypal to find out what the problem was with the payment. I just sent another message asking for him to get back to me.

In the description he stated that the comic was a great candidate for grading. So it makes it even more strange he thought it was a good idea to package the comic so poorly.

Call eBay.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Can't you just cancel the transaction? Or request a cancel? That should get his/her attention. If they don't respond, I think eBay just cancels it, no? It's yours until they pay you to ship it back.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Can't you just cancel the transaction? Or request a cancel? That should get his/her attention. If they don't respond, I think eBay just cancels it, no? It's yours until they pay you to ship it back.

I cancelled the payment but since it was shipped, it shows that I have the comic. I am pretty sure the seller doesn't have his paypal account setup correctly.

He got back to me yesterday and wrote "Sorry. Paypal me $10. If not just keep it." So I am interpreting that I can send him $10 or just keep it? I replied that the comic is not worth $10. The seller doesn't seem to be on top of this and I want to get it resolved asap. Not sure if he has to cancel the transaction. Having the item without paying for it has complicated this situation.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I'd suggest offering the guy $5 for the book. You have a reader copy for your collection & he learns a lesson.

If not, cancel the transaction. Not the payment, but the transaction itself through e-bay.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@CAK...sorry brother...I don't know why I thought it was your post...it was the docs...but agree with your response
Post 34 IP   flag post
The seller has to adjust the invoice amount to an agreed upon figure, you can't just "send" him a dollar amount.

Explaining this to him will be a headache.

You actually were not in the right, to cancel your payment.

Returns have to go thru eBay.

The most time efficient way to resolve this will be a phone call to eBay.

Could take anywhere from 10-45 minutes, tops.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I will add that a phone call to eBay will get the $20 balance negated.

A prepaid return shipping label will be paid for, by the seller.
Post 36 IP   flag post
The issue to is that I don't think he has fixed his problem with paypal or even attempted to do it. So even if I was kind enough to send him some pity money, he still wouldn't be able to receive it.

I also don't need a refund since I cancelled the payment. I think the seller just needs to cancel the transaction.

I might end up calling like Copper suggested.
Post 37 IP   flag post
I called and ebay is sending the seller an email telling them to cancel the transaction. Being an impatient guy, it does irk me when sellers/buyers don't try to take care of the issue asap.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
At least your seller did not glue a piece of artwork to a priority mail box that he flattened and sent media mail.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
At least your seller did not glue a piece of artwork to a priority mail box that he flattened and sent media mail.

lol what? Need pics of that.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khumbu
As long as it is just a dent, he can sell it at a garage sale. Although I have seen a lot worse stuff for sale on e-bay.

it no longer powers on OMG
Post 41 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Ha Ha Even I, with all of my requirements for a seller to get me to buy from them, can be disappointed.

I bought thru an Ebay Buy It Now offering two books of the same issue. The ad stated grade was 9.6+ and said that two were available.

I bought both after looking over the picture of one book. The picture was still in a bag with backer board and only a front picture. But the price was right. And as many of you know, I usually buy in multiples.

The seller has a feedback rating of 2786 with a percentage of 99.8 percent positive.

So I get the books yesterday and they were packaged very well. One book was exactly as pictured, but the other was a 9.2 in my opinion.

I sent the seller a message via Ebay system, explaining how that I would not do a negative feedback and I would not do a return of the one book. That it just isn't worth the effort and expense.

I received a response from the seller telling me of his vast experience in grading and that the books were as he described them.

So as far as I am concerned, it is over. One out of two ain't bad.

I HAVE TO stick with my vow of buying already graded and encapsulated books from Ebay sellers. Raw books only if I can inspect them in my hands before I purchase them.

I HAVE TO keep telling myself this.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Update: The seller said to ship it back to him and he will pay for the return shipping. I replied with how would that work since you probably don't have the paypal issue fixed. He responded 2 days later that he can accept money now. So I offered to give the seller $5 so I can move on from this transaction and look to buy a NM copy. He said he would send an invoice of $5. That was 3 days ago. The lack of communication and the effort to solve this issue is baffling to me. I was planning on going easy on feedback but this is getting beyond annoying. I won the auction on Jan 26.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Especially annoying since PayPal has a "request money" tab that makes it super simple.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Still nothing from this dope. Should I call ebay again? Now, I don't even want to give him $5 for the comic.
Post 45 IP   flag post
600853 45 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?