Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Marvel Spotlight 11 should I press & clean5362

Collector anthonybischoff private msg quote post Address this user
Will a press and cleaning make it higher closer to a 9.0 to a 9.2 or should I leave it.
Graders Notes:
few bends lower spine back cover
tiny stain front cover near bottom staple
light wear top edge & bottom right corner front cover
fingerprint stain top edge back cover
light stain left edge back cover

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Leave it if the intention of the pressing and clearing is to try to get it a grade higher. Press and clean if you intend to make it more presentable. This is just from the pictures. Could be different with the comic in hand
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
The back cover bends could definitely by fixed by a press. Would see a 9.2 I think after press.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Gd4901 private msg quote post Address this user
Just wondering- is this issue valuable enough to warrant the expense?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
You'll probably get a 9.0 if it's CPR'd but with pressing & grading fees around $50 or so, it is not worth the expense. In fact, you will lose money.

GPA has this book selling for about the same on average between 9.0 thru as high as 9.4.

Last sale of an 8.5 was 2012, at $26....going off recent sales in 9.0-9.4, I'd say this slab is worth about $45, as is.

It is a decent selling point, that the book is unpressed, if you decide to sell it.

I'd say just leave it alone.

I'd suggest getting a subscription to GoCollect and GPA
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector anthonybischoff private msg quote post Address this user
I did buy it for $36 like 6 month ago on eBay.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Leave it be. Not enough room for growth for what shipping and other fees would cost you. It is already a nice item.

Enjoy it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector TommyJasmin private msg quote post Address this user
These guys are right Anthony - not worth the cost, you'd need to pull a 9.4 to recover. See pic for another example, this one comparing apples to apples (other sites don't give you CBCS). Good news is the book has been trending up for some reason...

Post 8 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Both CBCS and CGC are strict on stains. You would see no improvement or at best - as CopperAgeKids noted - a very small bump in grade. The costs of pressing and regrading are greater than any increase in value.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
The Off Centered cover alone makes me say ...... NO Not worth it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Id say with 2 tiny stains AND the other defects....you're blessed to have a 8.5. Leave it
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, those stains will not come out with a cleaning and regardless of how nice the rest of the book is, with those stains, it's probably topped out at 8.5.
Post 12 IP   flag post
597868 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?