Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Superman #1000. Who's in for multiples?5312

Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Not happy with the covers. Have the Steranko and Jurgens on hold. The only thing that makes me happy is Brainiac on SyFy.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector SD2416 private msg quote post Address this user
his arm is extended out, holding the flag. you can see his elbow under the flag, had at the top of the flag pole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer

Good form by steranko as always... but is he in a womanly pose, and where is his other arm? This cover is bothering me.

Whats REALLY GRINDING MY GEARS is that these covers were all released AFTER preview orders were due. I guess they knew people wouldn't order as many if they showed how *meh* most of these are.

Sad face.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, 60s & 70s are my least liked. The 60s feels right with the cover showing major things that happened, but needed to be arranged differently. The 70s were 10 yrs of stories like his body grew so big that his normal size brain couldn't control it. Whew, what a stinker.

On the other hand, not only do I miss Curt Swan but Wally Wood as well. His version looked like it just came from the set of Max Fleisher's cartoons. Also, Neal Adams' Man of Steel breaking his kryptonite bonds would still be able to be used today. And should we overlook Kingdom Come's Alex Ross?? There were some very good times.

I wonder if the 60s could have used Superman in space with Earth 1, multiple Earths showing and all the heroes he met and worked with.
Just a thought.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Still waiting to see the 80s coverby middleton, but as of right now, I only kinda like the 30s cover by Rude. Glad I didn’t pull the trigger on them blind.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
For me, it might be Dell otto or bust. If I was forced to buy one of these covers, I'd be the second one...first one looks like he's getting shot in the a$$.

Isn't there a George Perez cover?
Post 105 IP   flag post

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Ouch, these are bad. Yeah, definitely won't be buying all of them. Michael Allred did a good job with the Curt Swan homage, but the cover just isn't that interesting. I like the 40's one. But why is it a modern Superman "S"? I guess DC gave instructions not to use the older versions, as no one did.

I also agree that the last one is the best. Although the costume looks a bit ... shiny? Like it's made out of aluminum or something. Still, it's the only really innovative approach.

I guess we'll have to see what the custom variants look like, maybe get some better covers.
Post 106 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
How can you draw a Superman cover with a Super Girl, Super Monkey, Super Horse (Comet), and Super Cat. Without putting Krypto on there?

I mean seriously. Do some of these artists just draw, and don't "know" about Superman?
Post 107 IP   flag post
And yes. I am a huge Krypto fan.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak
Krypto is there. Look below the "S" in Action Comics.

Post 109 IP   flag post

Post 110 IP   flag post
You are correct good sir. Thanks.
Post 111 IP   flag post
He deserves better.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Yep. He sacrificed his life to save Supes.
Post 113 IP   flag post
I passed on the # 1000 covers and figured I'd regret it later. Nope. Not so far. Hopefully, there are some variants with artwork I like better.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
And yes. I am a huge Krypto fan.

Isn't everyone?
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
How about this one?

clickable text

Post 116 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Did everyone forget how to draw superman?
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer I did... Haven't been able to for a good thirty years. Why do you ask?
Post 118 IP   flag post
Because every cover posted so far blows.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
How about this one?

clickable text

I think this is one of the best posted so far. Not amazing but better.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Laughing with a boner?

not so bad.

Did a child draw this one? Wtf?

I like the checkerboard books. But... I inhaled a grenade.

Taking a crap while trying to look homosexual

My chin is crooked and my wife has downes

Guys.. im sooo baked right now

“I started doing dip because I want cancer”

Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
Just saw a thing on the news about issue #1000 of Action Comics coming out in April. Dean Caine said that DC is going to go retro for Supes in this issue, with the original red underwear outside the blue costume.

I don't normally buy Superman comics and I am trying to avoid all modern comics. But I feel a strong urge to get multiples in very high grade. Just in case.

HELP ME SOMEBODY! Talk me down from this ledge before I jump.

Psst, @conditionfreak...remember the BIG VALUE that was gonna be had with the bagged version of Superman's death. Look what it's worth today.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
Quote:
Just saw a thing on the news about issue #1000 of Action Comics coming out in April. Dean Caine said that DC is going to go retro for Supes in this issue, with the original red underwear outside the blue costume.

I don't normally buy Superman comics and I am trying to avoid all modern comics. But I feel a strong urge to get multiples in very high grade. Just in case.

Psst, @conditionfreak...remember the BIG VALUE that was gonna be had with the bagged version of Superman's death. Look what it's worth today.

Yea, $2.50 cover price and now going for anywhere from $12 to $30 bucks. At the minimum, it has increased 300%. I have Wal-Mart stock that hasn't come anywhere near that kind of increase. And they are everywhere.

But I get your point.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
Quote:

True story:

I had a complete 18-19 book set of the "Death of Supes". Unfortunately, my ex-wife took it without my knowledge at the time of divorce.

Within that set, if she didn't break it up (they were all hand picked by me on the day of issue - easily a 9.6-9.8 set), it included a black bagged sealed version with about eight collaborator's SIGs on the cover - in gold or silver ink. I can't remember anymore.

IMO - it was stolen from me in 1996 and I it nor I have ever recovered it.

Sooo, if anyone ever comes across this set in your travels, I'll be willing to buy it at "pedigree status"!!

LOL

SERIOUSLY!!

I'll buy it from you.....I've always regretted my efforts went to shite! But if found, I would be whole again.

Even if you have seen it or heard if it....id love for it to be back in my collection, just for the memories they hold. T
If only #75 is found, to me, that was the "key book in that set".

If only, huh?

Thanks for letting me rant!
Post 124 IP   flag post
Quote:
Dean Caine said that DC is going to go retro for Supes in this .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
True story:
I had a complete 18-19 book set of the "Death of Supes". Unfortunately, my ex-wife took it without my knowledge at the time of divorce.

Within that set, if she didn't break it up (they were all hand picked by me on the day of issue - easily a 9.6-9.8 set), it included a black bagged sealed version with about eight collaborator's SIGs on the cover - in gold or silver ink. I can't remember anymore.

IMO - it was stolen from me in 1996 and I it nor I have ever recovered it.

Sooo, if anyone ever comes across this set in your travels, I'll be willing to buy it at "pedigree status"!!

LOL. SERIOUSLY!!

I'll buy it from you.....I've always regretted my efforts went to shite! But if found, I would be whole again.

Even if you have seen it or heard if it....id love for it to be back in my collection, just for the memories they hold.
If only #75 is found, to me, that was the "key book in that set".

If only, huh?
Thanks for letting me rant!

€¥🔩🔧🎳🎳
Deep loss. Sorry you went thru it.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
How about this one?

clickable text

Virgin cover is sold out, not that I'm disappointed.

Curious as to why DC is not allowing the Dell Otto cover to be released, while every other cover variant has been shown. Must have some character on the cover that may give the current story away.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Amazed how all the covers are so poor .
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I'd make a guess to say that maybe they are limiting release of pics or other details, because of "saving the best for last" type of hype or "story release" as stated already, or they could be very limited - thus released on day - becomes "first come first serve" with just a few numbers for them (we'll say for hypothetical reasons ~500k for the main issue with a limited artist).

There are really too many variables existing too result in too many conclusions.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'd make a guess to say that maybe they are limiting release of pics or other details, because of "saving the best for last" type of hype or "story release" as stated already, or they could be very limited - thus released on day - becomes "first come first serve" with just a few numbers for them (we'll say for hypothetical reasons ~500k for the main issue with a limited artist).

There are really too many variables existing too result in too many conclusions.

That would be wise as an actual good cover released will hurt the sales of the many bad ones. As of now I'm not buying any copy.

It's dell Otto or bust.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

That would be wise as an actual good cover released will hurt the sales of the many bad ones. As of now I'm not buying any copy.

It's dell Otto or bust.

My decision also.
Post 130 IP   flag post
601333 425 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?