Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Superman #1000. Who's in for multiples?5312

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
My LCS is offering 25% when you pre-order all 10 covers. That's all 10 covers for $59.99--save $20. I'm in. I'm more of a traditionalist. I don't think change is always a good thing. Popeye, Bugs Bunny and Superman. For me, I say leave the OG's alone. If someone wants to play around with them for a while and reimagine them, that's fine. Just change them back when you're done
Post 76 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Summit comics just announced a variant by George Perez. EVERYONE is getting in on this action.

Also of note, they said “we will share the cover as soon as we are legally allowed”; which explains the dark we’ve all been in so far.

They posted this cool poster as well

Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I count 1000 covers....what about the variants?!?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Pacoma7623 private msg quote post Address this user
My summit comics in lansing michigan getting the perez variant.when 1st approached about it,it came off as a "hey!,u want in on this exclusive we gonna get just for summit?"i was like "YEAH!SCHWEET!".We're getting 2500!doesnt seem too rare.still gonna grab 1.ur summit in lansing or ft.wayne?or is there more summits out there?
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacoma7623
My summit comics in lansing michigan getting the perez variant.when 1st approached about it,it came off as a "hey!,u want in on this exclusive we gonna get just for summit?"i was like "YEAH!SCHWEET!".We're getting 2500!doesnt seem too rare.still gonna grab 1.ur summit in lansing or ft.wayne?or is there more summits out there?
Hey there. @Pacoma7623. I am driving through there and heading to Dorr this weekend. I see Lansing, Grand Rapids and Wyoming have a few shops. Looking for older high grade Bronze and/or a place with a larger new book selection that carries multiple of DC A and B covers and variants. What would be your recommendations for places to check out?
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector Pacoma7623 private msg quote post Address this user
Vault of midnight in grand rapids for the larger,newer selection with variants.older stuff is hit or miss but summit in lansing has been adding a few collections.theyre putting some keys up on the wall.also ask to see some of the "hidden" boxes ill say that have the extras to fill the holes on the wall as they occur.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I’m gonna guess Superman dies again!
Post 82 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacoma7623
Vault of midnight in grand rapids for the larger,newer selection with variants.older stuff is hit or miss but summit in lansing has been adding a few collections.theyre putting some keys up on the wall.also ask to see some of the "hidden" boxes ill say that have the extras to fill the holes on the wall as they occur.
I saw Vault of Midnight's web sight for the Grand Rapids store. Like you said it looks like all new stuff. I have been to the Ann Arbor one a few years ago. They had an entire basement of long boxes of back issues.I will still try to stop in at the Grand Rapids one. I will have to try Summit first. What about Tardy's?
Post 83 IP   flag post
I think I will order that George Perez Action #1000
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Did you guys already see this?

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/02/20/action-comics-1000-variant-covers-by-legendary-comic-book-artists

Post 85 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Except for the last one, pretty un-memorable stuff.

Of those, I would only get the last one. Whish is the 2000's version I believe.

Waiting to see what version Dell Otto comics up with via Bulletproof comics.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
For era-specific covers, I think they're cool! Has me re-thinking what I'm going to do, actually. Not going to bother with the Jim Lee cover, since that's the mass one anyway, and may do the Steve Rude / 30's and Michael Allred 60's. I'm a sucker for Cho, but I can't buy everything.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
One copy is fine for me. I went for the Steve Rude cover.
Post 88 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user

Good form by steranko as always... but is he in a womanly pose, and where is his other arm? This cover is bothering me.

Whats REALLY GRINDING MY GEARS is that these covers were all released AFTER preview orders were due. I guess they knew people wouldn't order as many if they showed how *meh* most of these are.

Sad face.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
If I had to pick from these, that 1930's (Rude) cover is my favorite.

Man, I wish Darwyn Cooke was still here. I bet he'd knock this project out of the park.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
First two are good for me, but most of the rest are not that much. I wish the 60s would have been something like a giant spectre Superman trying to hold Krypton together.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Regarding these variant covers...

Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Can it get any better?

IMO - flashback covers? Really?

"missing arm?" - LOL

Last one?..maybe....it would be a cool original art large scale for your wall.....but comic....hmmm...still deciding, until I can see others....
Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer

Good form by steranko as always... but is he in a womanly pose, and where is his other arm? This cover is bothering me.

Whats REALLY GRINDING MY GEARS is that these covers were all released AFTER preview orders were due. I guess they knew people wouldn't order as many if they showed how *meh* most of these are.

Sad face.
It remimds me of that little move that Axle Rose does in the early Guns and Roses videos.
Post 94 IP   flag post

These covers are awful. "Where do we go now?"
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I don't love any of the covers, so I'm disappointed in DC. I've pre-ordered the Rude and Steranko covers before they were released, so that's what I'll get. I'm glad I didn't order more.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

These covers are awful. "Where do we go now?"
Yeah. Like that one. "Welcome to the jungle baby, I want to watch you bleed"
Post 97 IP   flag post
@Drogio To answer "where do we go now?
"Down,down,down now."
Post 98 IP   flag post
That is crazy. I looked at the Steranko Superman again and that is all that I imagine is Axle Rose.
Post 99 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Sad face.

This just doesn't look right. Not at all.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Not happy with the covers. Have the Steranko and Jurgens on hold. The only thing that makes me happy is Brainiac on SyFy.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector SD2416 private msg quote post Address this user
his arm is extended out, holding the flag. you can see his elbow under the flag, had at the top of the flag pole.

Quote:

Sad face.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, 60s & 70s are my least liked. The 60s feels right with the cover showing major things that happened, but needed to be arranged differently. The 70s were 10 yrs of stories like his body grew so big that his normal size brain couldn't control it. Whew, what a stinker.

On the other hand, not only do I miss Curt Swan but Wally Wood as well. His version looked like it just came from the set of Max Fleisher's cartoons. Also, Neal Adams' Man of Steel breaking his kryptonite bonds would still be able to be used today. And should we overlook Kingdom Come's Alex Ross?? There were some very good times.

I wonder if the 60s could have used Superman in space with Earth 1, multiple Earths showing and all the heroes he met and worked with.
Just a thought.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Still waiting to see the 80s coverby middleton, but as of right now, I only kinda like the 30s cover by Rude. Glad I didn’t pull the trigger on them blind.
Post 104 IP   flag post
For me, it might be Dell otto or bust. If I was forced to buy one of these covers, I'd be the second one...first one looks like he's getting shot in the a$$.

Isn't there a George Perez cover?
Post 105 IP   flag post
600855 425 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?