CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Superman #1000. Who's in for multiples?5312

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Jim Lee variant cover will have first cover appearance of new villain.. Probably the only one really worth considering owning as a non reader copy

Yep, this one could actually be good if inked correctly. Anyone seen it yet?

Here it is. Its not the greatest, but a 1st appearance at least. I dont hate it

Post 351 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Supes is bad-ass!!! Colored...not bad.....
Post 352 IP   flag post
Release date yet?
Post 353 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Variant cover #999....I'm beginning to feel like I should draw a cover...I guess that's what the blanks are for...

ACTION COMICS 1000 FELIPE MASSAFERA ULTIMATE EDITION!

In celebration of the 1,000th issue of Action Comics, we are proud to present our variant with cover art by Felipe Massafera, featuring the timeless conflict between Superman and Zod.

This version goes on sale next Wednesday April 18th at 2pm EST, the same day Action Comics 1000 releases, and will be sold as 250 individually numbered CBCS 9.8 books.

As a special thanks to all of our customers who have strongly supported us, each ultimate edition is priced at 119.95, by far the most affordable ultimate edition we have ever offered, despite the 8 dollar cover price.

No raw copies of this book will be available for purchase from us or our site partners at any time.

Each book will also carry notation that CBCS took possession of the entire number of copies ordered by us, and permanently disposed of any overage.

Whereas it is industry standard practice for publishers to award a small number of comp copies of every cover to those who worked on the project which are outside the scope of this offering, our ultimate edition affords you the opportunity to acquire by far the rarest version of Action Comics 1,000, featuring a brand new villain Rogel and 80 pages of story.

On sale Summary:

Wednesday April 18th 2 pm EST
Ultimate CBCS 9.8 Edition, limited to 250 individually numbered copies available for purchase.
No raw copies available for purchase
Retail Price $119
Post 354 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
This is from Action Comics #1000, but the place I got it from says it is interior art. So, I guess it didn't make the cut? So they just put it in a gallery or something.

I was actually hoping someone would do an homage to The Secret Years #3, which was a fantastic cover back in the day. It's a shame, because this one is better than most of the ones they went with.

Post 355 IP   flag post

Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
This is from Action Comics #1000, but the place I got it from says it is interior art. So, I guess it didn't make the cut? So they just put it in a gallery or something.

I was actually hoping someone would do an homage to The Secret Years #3, which was a fantastic cover back in the day. It's a shame, because this one is better than most of the ones they went with.

Welp! That is awesome. Would have bought multiples
Post 356 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
And here is yet ANOTHER cover that would have been better than most of them.

Seeing George Perez's goof cover makes me sad for him, assuming it's due to his illness. But here's a classic artist who apparently hasn't lost a step: José Luis García López. He'll be at HeroesCon this year, and if this damn comic wasn't an artificially rare 1:100 I'd buy five and get 'em all signed.

This is DC Nation #0, by the way. It's the thing they're doing where they cancel a bunch of comics that are selling really well and then start over with new concepts and groups and shit. And lots more number #1's. Nothing we haven't seen ad nauseum, right guys?

Post 357 IP   flag post
The day approaches slowly, but surely!!

What will be in your pocket when you leave the LCS?

I'll be buying at least one copy of something.....*smiles*.....

What time do they open???

:o)
Post 358 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Dynamic Forces has a deal on a set of 10 covers for anyone that is interested.

ACTION COMICS #1000 FIRST PRINTING DECADES-SPANNING VARIANT COVER MASTER SET!
Post 359 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Got the notification this morning that my hardcover shipped from Amazon.

Hoping to pick up a reader copy of the HC in the future.

If the Ross Litho becomes a cover, I might have to get it. Otherwise, I’m not too interested.
Post 360 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Dynamic Forces has a deal on a set of 10 covers for anyone that is interested.

ACTION COMICS #1000 FIRST PRINTING DECADES-SPANNING VARIANT COVER MASTER SET!

I always like the add-on of "Final covers may vary!"

Pot luck anyone? "Jellos, salads, and potato salads may vary."

*shrugs*

...52% off?....yeah....off your Dynamic mark up!.....sheez.....
Post 361 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
The Fabok cover just went on sale on eBay.
Post 362 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Not picking up any at my lcs...waiting for my order confirmation from forbidden planet (set of jock covers, signs). Even though I preordered they won't charge my card until they've computed the shipping costs. Jock signing is next week (22nd?) so it won't ship for another week...I can wait, not all that excited.
Post 363 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived. The “Deluxe hardcover” says nothing about 1000 issues on the cover?

Ok.

Post 364 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
I will be going to a signing by Jerry Ordway up at Cave Comics in CT this Saturday. Since the copy I ordered from Westfield Comics won't be in this week, I'll probably have to buy a (different) copy for the signature.
Post 365 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Superman destroys a locomotive rather than grabbing the boy and flying him to safety. Wow!
Post 366 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Superman destroys a locomotive rather than grabbing the boy and flying him to safety. Wow!
isn't this classic superman that couldn't fly? Only jump really high
Post 367 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Hey!....kid....dyou wanna fly??
Post 368 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
if anyone is interested dave dorman is doing a live signing and sketches on his facebook. of his vault collectibles exclusive cover. kinda neat
Post 369 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
$7.99...WOW!!!

mm
Post 370 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I got this one below at the midnight release and I'm picking up the blank cover later today; I already have a commission in mind

Post 371 IP   flag post
11am isn't coming soon enough....

Hmmmmmm....not bad JLS.....$7.99 price tag isn't what I was expecting...I guess they figured that they could get a $1.00 for every 10 years, huh?
Post 372 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
11am isn't coming soon enough....

Hmmmmmm....not bad JLS.....$7.99 price tag isn't what I was expecting...I guess they figured that they could get a $1.00 for every 10 years, huh?

lol it seems like it, right! With the 500K sold figure they quote recently, that means they rake in just shy of $4M (Before costs)
Post 373 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder who will be the first to have a copy graded?

mm
Post 374 IP   flag post
Mot much of a selection at the first LCS....BLANK and two covers.

I went with the 80s Middleton variant....due to limits of one per person.

The JLS variant...not at the LCS I went.

Bummer...I would have picked that up.
Post 375 IP   flag post

Post 376 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not ashamed!

Post 377 IP   flag post
@OGJackster did you get a discount for picking up the full set?
Post 378 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@JLS_Comics Yes, I did. $5.99ea = 59.90 total for all 10.
Post 379 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
I went with 30's Steve Rude cover. My regular LCS was out of cover As, so I may stop at another on the way home. Still underwhelmed by these. Debating a sketch cover, but realistically I doubt I'll ever jump through all the hoops of getting a commission. I would love to have a Dan Jurgens sketch though.
Post 380 IP   flag post
601322 425 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?