Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Superman #1000. Who's in for multiples?5312

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Dynamic Forces has a Dan Jurgens cover that is passable

Post 326 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
@shrewbeer

This one?

IMO - best one yet!!

:o)

Hey DC! Make this the cover and give a bonus to whomever designed it. The placeholder image is by far my favorite.
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
anything short of 1000 variants is a disappointment.

LOL....and that magical "1000th issue of the 1000th variant will be serial numbered and signed with COA as #1000/1000.

Oooooo....mine!....hebehe
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Take the worst cover (won't be easy deciding which one that is) and have Stan Lee sign it. Maybe get him to inscribe it with something like "DC sucks"
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Ironically if DC just would have put three zeroes after the "1" and swapped out the 10 cent price for $8.99, this cover Woukd likely be the most popular.

Post 330 IP   flag post

Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Ironically if DC just would have put three zeroes after the "1" and swapped out the 10 cent price for $8.99, this cover Woukd likely be the most popular.

I would have been happy if DC asked all these artists to swipe this cover any way they saw fit.
Post 331 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
New variant announced today!!

Post 332 IP   flag post
The Jesse O variant?

Post 333 IP   flag post
Quote:
The Jesse O variant?

LOL!!! It's April first!! And NOBODY on the forum tried posting an April Fools joke!!! That just goes against all my values. I had to attempt something ... even if it was lame!!!
Post 334 IP   flag post
Here's what I tried on facebook ...

Post 335 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Did someone already post this? It's so forgettable I may have forgotten. Second one from 7ate9 comics, by a guy named Felipe Massafera.

Post 336 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Also, it looks like Alex Ross is doing one after all? Well, I'm not sure. This (very) limited edition lithograph was announced, and they refer to a follow-on comic, but nothing specific. Hopefully this will be available, as I like it very much. Looks like a collaboration with SYFY Wire?

(Edited: I thought it was extremely limited, as they referred to only 10 being available at the convention, and then 10 online right after. But those are only *early* sales, and then regular sales are a week or two after. So it doesn't specify how many copies will be made in total.)

Post 337 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Also, it looks like Alex Ross is doing one after all? Well, I'm not sure. This (very) limited edition lithograph was announced, and they refer to a follow-on comic, but nothing specific. Hopefully this will be available, as I like it very much. Looks like a collaboration with SYFY Wire?

Yes, please.
Post 338 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

mine mine mine
Post 339 IP   flag post
I edited the original post, but I want to make sure no one misunderstands. The Alex Ross website says that only 10 copies of this lithograph will be available at the C2E2 convention in Chicago, and 10 more online concurrently, to coincide with the original release date of Action Comics #1. And so I thought this was an extremely limited edition. However, they then mention that a "full online release" will follow, indicating that they will sell an unnamed number of copies after the initial release.

Anyway, it's a great piece, isn't it? I hope this will be one of the covers.
Post 340 IP   flag post
I'd opt for the comic if made available. Wall space is too limited for the litho.
Post 341 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
So, I think this one is an improvement on some of the others, though that Alex Ross one is awesome. (Not sure why there are not more homages to the Action Comics 1 cover, seems common sense to me). The family dynamic has been one of the best parts of Rebirth Superman for me.

Post 342 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
So, I think this one is an improvement on some of the others, though that Alex Ross one is awesome. (Not sure why there are not more homages to the Action Comics 1 cover, seems common sense to me). The family dynamic has been one of the best parts of Rebirth Superman for me.

I agree. And I like this cover a lot. Although maybe Lois shouldn't look like Jonathan's older sister? (Or perhaps it's just the "Superman as a giant" problem again.)
Post 343 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35

I agree. And I like this cover a lot. Although maybe Lois shouldn't look like Jonathan's older sister? (Or perhaps it's just the "Superman as a giant" problem again.)

I thought the same. The weakest part of the cover is Lois, which is a bit of a bummer. All the covers seem to have something holding them back. This one and IMO Dan Jurgens' 90's cover, that something is Lois. I mean there are a lot of good examples of Lois artwork out there, so not sure why its so hard to get this anniversary cover right.
Post 344 IP   flag post
I concur. Lois needs to look a bit older....AND TALLER!!

This is a variant that would get bad reviews just because of the character age.
Post 345 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I'm waiting for the "Venomized" variant cover.
Post 346 IP   flag post
although not terrible, I'm still not into the Ross cover. Definitely one of the better ones. Why does it have to be set at midnight? Hard to see, not contrasting the characters well.

As for the Newbury comics version....bad.
Post 347 IP   flag post
Totally agree about the lack of contrast. I do wish it was in daylight, but it's beautifully rendered.
Post 348 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Take the worst cover (won't be easy deciding which one that is) and have Stan Lee sign it. Maybe get him to inscribe it with something like "DC sucks"

If Stan signed it, it should say "Brand Echh" because Marvel was "Not Brand Echh".
Post 349 IP   flag post
D.C. has also been designated their Distinguished Competition.
Post 350 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Jim Lee variant cover will have first cover appearance of new villain.. Probably the only one really worth considering owning as a non reader copy

Yep, this one could actually be good if inked correctly. Anyone seen it yet?

Here it is. Its not the greatest, but a 1st appearance at least. I dont hate it

Post 351 IP   flag post
Supes is bad-ass!!! Colored...not bad.....
Post 352 IP   flag post
Release date yet?
Post 353 IP   flag post
Variant cover #999....I'm beginning to feel like I should draw a cover...I guess that's what the blanks are for...

ACTION COMICS 1000 FELIPE MASSAFERA ULTIMATE EDITION!

In celebration of the 1,000th issue of Action Comics, we are proud to present our variant with cover art by Felipe Massafera, featuring the timeless conflict between Superman and Zod.

This version goes on sale next Wednesday April 18th at 2pm EST, the same day Action Comics 1000 releases, and will be sold as 250 individually numbered CBCS 9.8 books.

As a special thanks to all of our customers who have strongly supported us, each ultimate edition is priced at 119.95, by far the most affordable ultimate edition we have ever offered, despite the 8 dollar cover price.

No raw copies of this book will be available for purchase from us or our site partners at any time.

Each book will also carry notation that CBCS took possession of the entire number of copies ordered by us, and permanently disposed of any overage.

Whereas it is industry standard practice for publishers to award a small number of comp copies of every cover to those who worked on the project which are outside the scope of this offering, our ultimate edition affords you the opportunity to acquire by far the rarest version of Action Comics 1,000, featuring a brand new villain Rogel and 80 pages of story.

On sale Summary:

Wednesday April 18th 2 pm EST
Ultimate CBCS 9.8 Edition, limited to 250 individually numbered copies available for purchase.
No raw copies available for purchase
Retail Price $119
Post 354 IP   flag post
This is from Action Comics #1000, but the place I got it from says it is interior art. So, I guess it didn't make the cut? So they just put it in a gallery or something.

I was actually hoping someone would do an homage to The Secret Years #3, which was a fantastic cover back in the day. It's a shame, because this one is better than most of the ones they went with.

Post 355 IP   flag post
600650 425 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?