Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Like a portable Overstreet minus all clutter5240

Collector KeyCollectorComics private msg quote post Address this user
Given that our leadership includes a proud owner of CBCS slabs (Golden Age, baby!), thought of sharing this bleedingcool article regarding our free Key Collector Comics app on these here boards.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/06/key-collector-comics-mobile-app-aims-make-key-comic-collecting-easy/

FYI to those already rooting for us (https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/5059/page/1/valiant-announcement/#20), more big news on the way. Stay tuned!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyCollectorComics
Given that our leadership includes a proud owner of CBCS slabs (Golden Age, baby!), thought of sharing this bleedingcool article regarding our free Key Collector Comics app on these here boards.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/06/key-collector-comics-mobile-app-aims-make-key-comic-collecting-easy/

FYI to those already rooting for us (https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/5059/page/1/valiant-announcement/#20), more big news on the way. Stay tuned!

Installed it on my iPad a few weeks ago. I like it, especially after the update to include graded books. It could use a few more of the early Legion of Superheroes appearances as keys, in my opinion, but nice job guys!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I was just going through it on Tuesday night and I think it is a wonderful app!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for sharing. I'm enjoying this app. Nuff said.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I enjoy the app but if you enter title then book number if the book is a number higher than 200 it won’t show up. You have to manually search the whole title to find the book your looking for. Example issue 456 it won’t show so u have to start at 1 and go up to around that number to see if it’s a key book. Other than that it’s a great app and I enjoy it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@KeyCollectorComics are these prices a direct reflection of Overstreet?

Also, what are the 3 listed prices?

Thanks!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Love this app! Keep up the good work
Post 7 IP   flag post
NoQuote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man

Thanks!

No the prices are not extracted from overstreet. The simplified price guide provides values based on 2.0 6.0 and 9.2 raw books. The data was collected from auction sales over the course of building the database and are averaged from 5 sales minus extreme outliers. For data that doesn’t allow for averaging 5 values I used what was available for sold items and my development team created an algorithm to mathmatically generate pricing up or down accordingly. Changes to pricing are made on an as needed basis (ie., someone alerts me at nick@keycollectorcomics.com) and I assess the data then make adjustments accordingly.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHaulics
Love this app! Keep up the good work
thank you. And thanks for subscribing to my YouTube channel!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
I enjoy the app but if you enter title then book number if the book is a number higher than 200 it won’t show up. You have to manually search the whole title to find the book your looking for. Example issue 456 it won’t show so u have to start at 1 and go up to around that number to see if it’s a key book. Other than that it’s a great app and I enjoy it.
I’m not having this problem on my end. Are you sure you didn’t have the Comic age(Golden Silver) filter on? If you did and tried to search for something in the modern age yet were filtering information to only show silver and bronze then it wouldn’t have shown
Post 10 IP   flag post
Installed it on my iPad a few weeks ago. I like it, especially after the update to include graded books. It could use a few more of the early Legion of Superheroes appearances as keys, in my opinion, but nice job guys!

Great feedback! I’ll look into that. I think many of them are there but it’s possible they’re not searchable by character name. I reduced the search options for ‘Search for character by name’ which I shouldn’t have done but I’m added them back in as I go. Can you send me a couple examples please if you have time? Nick@keycollectorcomics.com. Thank you!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
I was just going through it on Tuesday night and I think it is a wonderful app!
thank you so much Tim!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
Thanks for sharing. I'm enjoying this app. Nuff said.
haha. Thanks Doc!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man

Thanks!

overstreet is an outdated model, doing your own research on sales on auction sites for key books you are looking for will give you a much better idea of value.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
I enjoy the app but if you enter title then book number if the book is a number higher than 200 it won’t show up. You have to manually search the whole title to find the book your looking for. Example issue 456 it won’t show so u have to start at 1 and go up to around that number to see if it’s a key book. Other than that
it’s a great app and I enjoy it.
I’m not having this problem on my end. Are you sure you didn’t have the Comic age(Golden Silver) filter on? If you did and tried to search for something in the modern age yet were filtering information to only show silver and bronze then it wouldn’t have shown

I’ll have to check thanks for the info.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Zombie_Head sure thing. Id appreciate your feedback if you get a chance. That goes for anyone who has any suggestions. My email is nick@keycollectorcomics.com
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
No the prices are not extracted from overstreet. The simplified price guide provides values based on 2.0 6.0 and 9.2 raw books. The data was collected from auction sales over the course of building the database and are averaged from 5 sales minus extreme outliers. For data that doesn’t allow for averaging 5 values I used what was available for sold items and my development team created an algorithm to mathmatically generate pricing up or down accordingly. Changes to pricing are made on an as needed basis (ie., someone alerts me at nick@keycollectorcomics.com) and I assess the data then make adjustments accordingly.

Nick, fantastic effort. App downloaded. Would love to see the "2.0", "6.0" and "9.2" headers above each column. I know now, but it just looks cool to see it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@NoahSult Oh I do, I'm just asking to better understand what's on this app.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@zosocane Thank you so much! Encouragement on this means a helluva a lot to me especially coming from the CBCS board members so thank you. As always, the #1 priority is getting exposure so if you or if anyone has some ideas on how best to do this please let me know. I appreciate your words.

I used to have the grade number association explained when you touch the "i" for information button in next to the grade explanations but I think we might've chopped it when we put in the full grading spectrum. I have to talk to my developer about it. I'll get on this
Post 19 IP   flag post
@KeyCollectorComics a handful of the prices based on what you mentioned don't seem to be right. Are you still updating the pricing data?

Cool app!
Easy to search, I like that.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Yeah. You can contact me at nick@keycollectorcomics.com if you wouldn’t mind passing along specifics. It’d be appreciated. Thanks
Post 21 IP   flag post
P.S. With much thanks for all your support, we wanted to link our fans at CBCS to a cool giveaway!

https://www.facebook.com/keycollector/posts/1866082643703548:0

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd8f8VwlG8p/
Post 22 IP   flag post
600515 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?