Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Any artists who Won't do AW Program?5236

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I know there are some artist who for whatever reason will either not do witnessed signings at all or will only do them though the company of their choosing - any one know who does or won't do what and with whom??

Specifically at the 2018 Niagara Falls Comicon there will be Jim Steranko, Neal Adams, Tony Moore, Michael Golden and a few others.

I'm starting the process to see if I can get ok'd as an AW but if these guys won't play then maybe I won't. I know have maybe 3 books for Steranko and Adams and I could handle witnessing a few books for some guys from the shop but I am not interested in 10's of 10's or 100's of books and am not looking to make any $$ from this.

Would love it if CBCS were to attend - I do finance reporting/tax/govn't reporting all day - would rather stay away from forms on weekends if I can!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Kirkman and possibly McFarlane won't do it at all. There are also artists that charge more money if you are getting the book graded than they would otherwise.I think Tony Moore is in this group. I do not believe the other guys you mentioned charge extra for graded books but Neal Adams is up to $50 per signature (whether or not it is getting graded).
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yikes!!! - I remember when Adams was $5 with 3 free books!!!. Tony Moore is interesting - I have a few earlier Walking Dead but think I will leave them unsigned - might try for a sketch instead. probably in the $300 range??
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O ‘s post about AW Restrictions lists specific creators that CBCS has agreed to only accept witnessed signatures under specific circumstances.

I think there’s only a few creators that flat out refuse to do witnessed signatures. For many, they simply charge a higher signature fee.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Thanks!!
Though I remembered seeing that before but couldn't find it!!

Looks like these guys are clear - I'm ok with paying a few buck more for the AW signature - already have my Adams sketch and from what I hear Steranko doesn't do them at cons, so maybe a book or three signed and if I save my $$ I can buy a piece from him!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle129 private msg quote post Address this user
Steranko charges $10 for sigs $20 for witnessed sigs
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
McFarlane will do private signings; I think he does something like 2 a year. Definitely not cheap, but still a bargain compared to what some of the actors are charging.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Yikes!!! - I remember when Adams was $5 with 3 free books!!!. Tony Moore is interesting - I have a few earlier Walking Dead but think I will leave them unsigned - might try for a sketch instead. probably in the $300 range??

Tony Moore had a nice Rick Grimes sketch displayed in his booth. I asked how much and if I remember correctly he wanted at least $850 for it. Good luck!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog13
McFarlane will do private signings; I think he does something like 2 a year. Definitely not cheap, but still a bargain compared to what some of the actors are charging.

I got four of his sigs at NYCC (one per day for three days plus an extra when I paid off the guy in line behind me). All four are going for verified signatures at CBCS soon unless someone know anyone who can approve their grading under the AW program.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
He was here in Hawaii back in August...got an ASM 301 signed by him,currently in VSP/Grading at CBCS. He does the one sig/day thing for the fans, no charge. For a fee, he does private signings. I've seen them mentioned by both Trinity and Desert Wind.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Tony Moore had a nice Rick Grimes sketch displayed in his booth. I asked how much and if I remember correctly he wanted at least $850 for it. Good luck!

I'll have to see....his site has simple commissions for $500 and I would expect more from that than from a convention sketch (hence would expect slightly less for a con sketch) - failing that could always go the $200 sketch card route - just do the same size in my book!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Steranko charges more if the book is going to be graded. He's still not expensive. In Indianapolis con a couple of years ago he was $10/$20 if getting graded.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Tdog13 Todd McFarlane does Amazing Hawaii/Las Vegas; while I can only speak for ALVCC, its a really good show. Lots of variety in merchandise & services, fantastic guest list, and IMHO its still greater than 50% comics on the floor.

Todd McFarlane, Robert Liefeld, & Kevin Eastman signatures (two items) were included w/ the ticket price; but none of them were doing ASP. Liefeld & Eastman moved at a pretty good clip, but the McFarlane line was huge; it wrapped around the floor space twice. Part of that was demand, but I think the other part was that the guy was having a good time: he wasn't just signing things assembly-line style, but taking time to talk to people, take photos with fans, he even came out from behind the booth a couple times for photos. Looked like a happy guy.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
McFarlane came in to my LCS of choice a few weeks ago, one of the workers was educating others about "McFarlane" art while McFarlane was eavesdropping, the worker knew but he was trying to do it
nonchalant.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Steranko was $30 each and $10 extra for witnessed at Big Apple last year...
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
I normally trade or barter for signed issue, but i am try figure one thing out, how much extra does the signed issue garnish over a none signed 10 gem mint. For example I have a signed issue of Notti & Nyce 1 vol. 1 nice edition that is cgc-ed as a 10 ( although i thought signing automatically made it a 9.9, due tell) but the issue is signed by Eric Basaldua, Marat Mychaels and Nei Ruffino. so what is it worth and what should i insure it for.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
McFarlane came in to my LCS of choice a few weeks ago, one of the workers was educating others about "McFarlane" art while McFarlane was eavesdropping, the worker knew but he was trying to do it
nonchalant.

Did you get free signatures?
Post 17 IP   flag post
600777 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?