Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Question about time between signatures5233

Collector Tideson private msg quote post Address this user
Hypothetically if a CBCS verified signature dealer was going to multiple conventions in a year and they had different artists at each convention that you wanted to sign one book could you hand the book off to said dealer and then they had the book signed in say January of 2018 and then they held onto until July of 2018 and had it signed again could they still submit it to CBCS.

Or would you have to pay to have it graded multiple times? Once at the January Convention and then once at the July one?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Tideson As long as the book remains in the possession of the Authorized Witness, I think something like that should be fine.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite thank you for the response.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
you need to review the witness agreement as it states the time frame in which you can get multiple signatures I think it is around 3 months or a month something like that. Besides that you also need a multiple event form for each book were each witness signs each of the witnessed signatures and places the date and the event in which the signature was obtained. Also a copy of each witness agreement for the different witnesses or events.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
you need to review the witness agreement as it states the time frame in which you can get multiple signatures I think it is around 3 months or a month something like that. Besides that you also need a multiple event form for each book were each witness signs each of the witnessed signatures and places the date and the event in which the signature was obtained. Also a copy of each witness agreement for the different witnesses or events.

Spider Tim has this correct - just looking into getting AW status myself - you have 3 months and there needs to be multi-even form
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Under the old rules you guys would be correct. Starting soon you have 60 days or so from the time the book has been signed to get the next signature if you don't want to pay $25 to get the first signature verified.

I have not confirmed this with CBCS but theoretically if you had more signatures between January and July added to the book so that there was no gap between each signature wider than 60 days that MIGHT be OK.

Call CBCS and ask them instead of relying on the forum. It could cost you some money otherwise.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Under the old rules you guys would be correct. Starting soon you have 60 days or so from the time the book has been signed to get the next signature if you don't want to pay $25 to get the first signature verified.

I have not confirmed this with CBCS but theoretically if you had more signatures between January and July added to the book so that there was no gap between each signature wider than 60 days that MIGHT be OK.

Call CBCS and ask them instead of relying on the forum. It could cost you some money otherwise.

Any good authorized witness should always read the conditions of the program before engaging in witnessing. Also there is a list of people who you can't get signatures from or only certain people can.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Literally got the forms in my e-mail today to read - as of today it is 3 months, unless I was forwarded the old forms in error.
Need to print, sign, scan and return!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
clickable text

Not sure if I did this right but I think this is the link to the people who we can't get signatures from
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Mark Roman sent me an e-mail on Tuesday with the following

"We'll soon be revamping how the ASP program will run, which will include books will have to be at the CBCS facility within 10 business days....no exception. Any books received after the 10 business day deadline, you'll have the option to VSP (red label) them, blue label with a lower grade or have the books returned back on your dime. That will be announced in about a month or possibly sooner, just FYI."

When I spoke with Mark on the phone afterwards he said that for multi-signature books we get closer to 60 days.

The current policy may be three months but I wouldn't hold your breath expecting that to be the policy three months from now.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@drchaos thanks! - they need to update what they are sending out to people.

Thankfully I have no plans to do multiple events with 1 book.
Not sure I agree with the 10 business day rule - I would think as long as the postal stamp is within the 10 days then you still maintain chain of custody - I mean I'll probably pay for faster insured shipping anyway but one shouldn't be forced and when sending from Canada your package could always get held up at customs (rare but it happens - also why I may just drive over the boarder and mail from within the US)
Post 11 IP   flag post
@drchaos that's a interesting change any idea why they'd do that?

Quote:
Mark Roman sent me an e-mail on Tuesday with the following

"We'll soon be revamping how the ASP program will run, which will include books will have to be at the CBCS facility within 10 business days....no exception. Any books received after the 10 business day deadline, you'll have the option to VSP (red label) them, blue label with a lower grade or have the books returned back on your dime. That will be announced in about a month or possibly sooner, just FYI."

When I spoke with Mark on the phone afterwards he said that for multi-signature books we get closer to 60 days.

The current policy may be three months but I wouldn't hold your breath expecting that to be the policy three months from now.

Quote:

Also knowing more about the theory of casually adding signatures in between would be nice.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Tideson They were already looking to tighten up the rules for the AW program before the acquisition. It seems that Beckett was vry clear about wanting tighter deadlines.

They might not go for it but let's say you had a book where one artist is at ACE Arizona this month, one artist is at another show in March, and a third artist is at a show in late May / Early June. If they all worked on the same book and you could not get all of them at the same show you would have a good reason for needing the extra time after each signature.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if the 10 day deadline would apply to signatures witnessed on books that go to a third party to be pressed.
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I really dont see why they should tighten the timeframe at all, 10 days is a giant pain for those looking to get multiple signatures at several cons.

If they want to make the AW program better, they need to get rid of the mass “self-witnessing” thats going on.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer have they been having problems with the AW program?
Post 16 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I've got books with @TrinityComics that have had gaps that span 6-7 months now between some sigs. Yep. I know.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I've got books with @TrinityComics that have had gaps that span 6-7 months now between some sigs. Yep. I know.

I am in the same boat. Call Mark Roman, he will work with you to help you get your books in before they get cut off. I have two books I gave Matt for Dell'Otto that I may have to take back (without his sig) so I can geth the Snyder and Capullo signatures in under the AW program before I get cut off.
Post 18 IP   flag post
600891 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?