Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
I've had this book for quite some time but other than the Gaiman signature, and possibly the bottom signature being Mckean's, I can't figure out who the others are.

Any guesses?

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
The one on the right looks like Mike Dringenberg

Post 2 IP   flag post
Yes, the signature looks very similar. Thanks! Only one left which is a little more difficult. I thought it was probably a second Mckean signature since the "M" is very similar to the one below it. It looks like the silver inked autographs were signed first and the gold inked autograph was done at a later time since the gold ink is on top of the silver.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I agree. It looks like McKean might’ve done the hands in one session/pen and then did the action lines in a second session/pen
Post 4 IP   flag post
Awesome! Thanks, I've had this book for nearly three decades and it was starting to drive me crazy trying to figure out the other two signatures. I bought the book in the early 90s and the signatures have changed so much from then to now so it was kind of hard to match the signatures from then to now.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
Oh my god, I want this so bad. Looks like you’ve you got Neil, two McKean’s, and Dringenberg with sketches/embellishments from each! Very nice.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
What a beautiful comic? Are you VSPing it?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks. I've considered submitting it but the price of submitting is more than the book is worth.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t know, man, I haven’t seen very many books out in the wild with all three of those sigs. McKean still does signings, but it’s hard to get Gaiman/Dringenberg. All you need now is Sam Kieth on there!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Ambush_Bug private msg quote post Address this user
I just received my Sandman #8 back from CBCS. I had it signed by McKean last April and had it verified.
Quite happy with it. (It came back a 9.4. I wonder if a pressing would've brought it to a 9.8. Oh well)

An odd lil thing.. sadly the woman who was the model/inspiration for the Death character died on Saturday Jan 6th. The same day I received my comic. So.. I got my death comic the day that death died..

http://www.post-punk.com/cinamon-hadley-the-inspiration-for-neil-gaimans-death-has-passed-away/
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan
I don’t know, man, I haven’t seen very many books out in the wild with all three of those sigs. McKean still does signings, but it’s hard to get Gaiman/Dringenberg. All you need now is Sam Kieth on there!

Yeah, it would be awesome to have Sam Kieth's sig on the book.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush_Bug
I just received my Sandman #8 back from CBCS. I had it signed by McKean last April and had it verified.
Quite happy with it. (It came back a 9.4. I wonder if a pressing would've brought it to a 9.8. Oh well)

An odd lil thing.. sadly the woman who was the model/inspiration for the Death character died on Saturday Jan 6th. The same day I received my comic. So.. I got my death comic the day that death died..

http://www.post-punk.com/cinamon-hadley-the-inspiration-for-neil-gaimans-death-has-passed-away/

That's pretty sad. I had both of my Sandman #8 graded a couples years ago and both came back 9.6. I should have had them pressed but i wasn't a fan of it back then so I left it as is.
Post 12 IP   flag post
601283 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?