Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector KeyCollectorComics private msg quote post Address this user
Hello CBCS Forum,

I want to share some exciting news with you.  This past week, Valiant Entertainment Inc. officially announced a partnership with Key Collector Comics mobile app. If you haven't heard of the app I'll give you a quick summary:

o Solely focused on helping collectors quickly identify key issue comics (1st appearances, iconic cover art, etc) - no clutter of uneventful issues

o 5 star ratings across the board on iTunes, Facebook and Google Play (4.9)close enough

o One-stop app for collectors hunting down books - catalog what you own, build a wish list for what you want and consult a simplified 3 tier price guide to feel confident when purchasing a comic

o 7,000+ issues make up the database from the Golden Age to today: search by character, title or browse by category

AND NOW - NEW! - Launch into the Valiant Universe by tapping the very first of its kind, proprietary portal. Fans can scroll through the history of the Valiant company as told through each issue's key description and expandable cover. From Nintendo licensing in the 90s to being nominated in 2017 as IGN Best Comics series with X-O Manowar, its only natural for a collector to want to preserve history for these characters. Key Collector Comics can help you find them.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Oh and its free. Sorry.

Links:

http://valiantentertainment.com/2017/12/13/valiant-announces-official-partnership-with-key-collector-comics-app/

http://keycollectorcomics.com/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/key-collector/id1189623811?ls=1&mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keycollectorcomics.keycollector
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Already have it, it’s a pretty cool app!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Kanaloa private msg quote post Address this user
thanks
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSult
Already have it, it’s a pretty cool app!
Nic! Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it Noah
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaloa
thanks
If you downloaded it Knaloa, I hope its working out for you!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Have truly enjoyed this app. We will be shouting it out on our YouTube Channel
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHaulics
Aw that'd be awesome! I'm going to like your channel now. Not JUST because you're mentioning it. You might actually be the first channel I follow on youtube. I haven't done a whole lot with it. Maybe you can give me some tips. Long message, over.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyCollectorComics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHaulics
Aw that'd be awesome! I'm going to like your channel now. Not JUST because you're mentioning it. You might actually be the first channel I follow on youtube. I haven't done a whole lot with it. Maybe you can give me some tips. Long message, over.

Sounds good we appreciate it! Feel free to email us at comichaulicschannel@gmail.com anytime as well!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Since this is a cross-promotion... How many users are using the Valiant portal to discover Valiant keys?
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@KeyCollectorComics

I downloaded the app. Searched for a few random keys and had very mixed results. Your Four color listngs are incomplete (lots of #1s and first appearances missing), Supes 141 was missing, then looked at Turtles it was all good there, great on Showcase as well. WW38 did not show up either.

Looks like A LOT of work went into this, hats off on that.

If you can keep improving this, it could be an amazing tool! However, as it is now if someone relied on it they would miss some keys and #1 issues on certain unpopular stuff (like my avatar, Woody Woodpecker #1 or rather four color #169)

Also I would suggest trying to pair with someone like @TommyJasmin at nostomania.com for your prices (wayy off base for a lot of stuff). He hangs out here sometimes. No idea if he would be open to something like that, but you get the idea. Gocollect has a decent guide as well.

LOVE the wishlist and “own” features, though I didnt explore them much yet, idk if one can see collection values etc.

Really like that one can search by character as well, I will get some use out of this!

Anyways, just tryin to help; nice job so far!
Post 11 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer that’s great feedback. There are over 7,000 Keys but there are a lot of keys. I encourage everyone to email me if they see something missing. Nick@keycollectorcomics.com. Another thing, if you search by character you might not find the one you’re looking for but it’s possible their issue is there with the name. I thought people would be overwhelmed by too many character names but come to find out the more the better.

As far as pricing goes. The concept (which is hard to relate at the time of download)is to offer price guidance for newer and returning users. It’s a simplified guide that’s not intended to give exact value but moreover to give a suggested parameter to stop at and still have investment built into the book. Not saying people should flip them but it always feels good to get it a little lower than market value. Values are entered based on 3-6 months of auction sales on raw books and scaled back about 10%.

Having said that, you’ll likely see an update this week that will expand the grading scale to the full 25 pt spectrum with the ability to enter your own price If you choose. You’ll also be able to make notes and click boxes for grading and signatures.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Good stuff. Thats a lot of data entry 😬
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
you’re telling me! Data entry. Took me two years and it wasn’t casual here and there input a key. I’d say it took over 2500 hours to where it is. The four color stuff is so dense but I’ve been meaning to get to it. Although there are a couple thousand if not not more golden age keys in the database, there are some romance and cartoon books missing but people have been helpful. Like is said. Email me at nick@keycollectorcomics.com. I’ll give you credit for it on the app for the first two weeks while it’s in the “new keys added” Category
Post 14 IP   flag post

Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

Not bad service either
Post 16 IP   flag post
What's the first appearance of Morty? LOL!
Post 17 IP   flag post
@X51 First appearance of Morty is in a comic/pamphlet called "Good Morty". Its in the style of these little flip-thru, almost coupon-book-looking giveaways that were used mostly by religious institutions. A lot of them were given away in DVDs. This is what I've learned in my "studies". My global adventures. Just kidding. At my desk. In front of the computer.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
@X51 First appearance of Morty is in a comic/pamphlet called "Good Morty". Its in the style of these little flip-thru, almost coupon-book-looking giveaways that were used mostly by religious institutions. A lot of them were given away in DVDs. This is what I've learned in my "studies". My global adventures. Just kidding. At my desk. In front of the computer.

I wanted everyone to rush to your app and look it up because we had an endless thread about it. LOL!
Hopefully, it wouldn't knock a server offline and simulate a denial of service attack with all of the curious people searching at once.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@X51 Damn...that's really nice of you. Thanks X. Lets hope they did! Ha
Post 20 IP   flag post
598003 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?