Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 12/15/20175043

Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtchef
This is ridiculous. Sent 1 book in almost a month ago, paid for 2-day grading, still "processing." Sent an email to the "help" desk to ask about a credit or refund to my account for the extreme delay; because it's a verified signature book, they said it adds 7-10 days(?), and is scheduled to be sent back on the 28th. For the price and expectation of service, I am sorely disappointed.

I can't speak to the month delay but i can speak to the verified signature...yes it adds at least an extra week since the book has to be sent out to CSA to be verified and they also have TAT and backlogs that fluctuate.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector dhansen801 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in two books for Pressing, Verified Signature and Grading. The order was received on Sep 28, 2017 and still no change from "Processing" status. Should I be concerned or is this typical turnaround for CBCS?
Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@dhansen801 is that afternoon you checked the invoice?
Post 203 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhansen801
I sent in two books for Pressing, Verified Signature and Grading. The order was received on Sep 28, 2017 and still no change from "Processing" status. Should I be concerned or is this typical turnaround for CBCS?

“Processing” just means that CBCS is in possession of the book. If you click on the order itself you’ll see the books separated by tier and a small orange rectangle next to it that shows where it is in the process. Most of the time it is with CBCS is spent in the “Received” state and all the rest of the steps happen over the course of a few weeks at the end.

And no, there is nothing really atypical about the turnaround time you’re experiencing. Pressing adds a significant amount of time to the turnaround, even doubling it in some cases.

Post 204 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhansen801

“Processing” just means that CBCS is in possession of the book. If you click on the order itself you’ll see the books separated by tier and a small orange rectangle next to it that shows where it is in the process. Most of the time it is with CBCS is spent in the “Received” state and all the rest of the steps happen over the course of a few weeks at the end.

And no, there is nothing really atypical about the turnaround time you’re experiencing. Pressing adds a significant amount of time to the turnaround, even doubling it in some cases.

What he said lol.
Post 205 IP   flag post

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
The latest update is a few months old.

Yep - any plans for a new update? Assume in the lieu of no update that the TATs remain the same

@poka Comon man?? How can you ask that question you know the answer. #soon
Post 206 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Welp my pressed comics from NYCC 2017 (10/5-10/9) are ready to shipp just a balance that needs to be paid for the press....screen for pressing is dumb....just press it lol! My fast pass thru trinity was recieved 2/15 is in grading, should probably ship next week me thinks, I asked for pressing not sure if it was CBCS or Trinity that hooked it up, but it was quoted as a 6 week TAT.
Post 207 IP   flag post
Mine are shipping! Praise the comic gods! Submitted November 30th.
Post 208 IP   flag post
My books received 12/26 are passed grading and are in labels/encapsulation
Post 209 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The order I submitted in mid-November shipped last Thursday (it was in labels for weeks, probably over a month). Unfortunately, it has not yet been delivered! Even though the package was picked up at CBCS a week ago, FedEx keeps pushing back the delivery date. It was supposed to be here Tuesday, then Wednesday. I then got my text yesterday saying today. Nothing all day (I told my wife she couldn’t pee all day because she had to sign for it). So I just checked the tracking number for like the 100th time and now it says tomorrow. So it will be about 16 weeks T-A-T (if they ever show up). Whenever possible, you should only ship on a Monday or Tuesday.
PS - I submitted 10 more books last week. My USPS package got to CBCS in 2 days.
Post 210 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
I received a modern pre-screen today (3/10) that was received by CBCS on 11/20. So 15 weeks and five days for that one. Will be nice if they can get to the 12 week turnaround for moderns.
Post 211 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
...FedEx keeps pushing back the delivery date. It was supposed to be here Tuesday, then Wednesday. I then got my text yesterday saying today. Nothing all day...So I just checked the tracking number for like the 100th time and now it says tomorrow.

FedEx is consistently incapable of meeting a delivery date. Monitoring the tracking information isn't worth much either, since "Out For Delivery; Estimated Delivery Time (Enter Day Here) by 8pm" doesn't mean a damn thing; the tracking will update at 7:59pm to "Out for Delivery; Estimated Delivery Time - Tomorrow sometime between 8am & 8pm." Calling FedEx to schedule a delivery time (for an additional fee) doesn't work either, as they will only allow modifications to be made by the shipper (CBCS) prior to shipping. Once the shipment is in transit, it may as well be on Mars.

This means I have to guesstimate when the delivery may actually occur, or wait until I come home from work to find a "(Not) Sorry We Missed You" note stuck to my door. Then I have to ask my boss for the next day off so I can spend twelve hours waiting for the delivery guy; and what boss doesn't love hearing employees ask for time off on short notice? Especially so they can sit home all day and wait for a delivery of comic books. I've knocked off more imaginary family members than the writers room on The Sopranos just so I can sign a shipping ticket.

I talked to CBCS Customer Service about this, and although they were polite as ever, they are unwilling to make changes to their shipping protocol on a case-by-case; they will not allow FedEx to drop books at the door w/o a signature, and I've got a better chance of winning the lotto than getting FedEx Customer Service to do anything other than put me on hold, or connect me with the automated system. I don't know about everybody else, but I would greatly appreciate some additional shipping options; like a different carrier (UPS, USPS) or an option to allow the books to be dropped w/o signature.
Post 212 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament i thought fedex has a service where you can reroute it to one of their pick-up places convenient to you?
Post 213 IP   flag post
@poka Unfortunately sir, while I may not live at the arse end of nowhere, you can see it from here. The nearest FedEx pickup location is a brisk two-hour drive; which is why I respectfully suggested additional options.
Post 214 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@poka Unfortunately sir, while I may not live at the arse end of nowhere, you can see it from here. The nearest FedEx pickup location is a brisk two-hour drive; which is why I respectfully suggested additional options.

ok - so you are close to live in the middle of (k)nowhere! i am sure you have beautiful views though 🤣
Post 215 IP   flag post
Collector renton44 private msg quote post Address this user
Week 5 in labels... Dear lord....
Post 216 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
My pressed books that were received the beginning of october shipped....out of the 10 books only 2 were disappointing was hoping on 9.0<, but those 2 came out as 8.0 big difference lol...life
Post 217 IP   flag post
@poka Just got an update: two weeks behind. That makes the actual TAT sixteen weeks; which is zero improvement from last summer. I have another 100+ book order ready to go, but those are books I wanted to bring to FanX SLCC. Its a four month TAT assuming no issues; if the weather plays merry hell again this summer, that pushes things into August, and the odds of my getting things back in time for early September start to look a lot like those for a winning lotto ticket.

*sigh* Damned if I do, damned if I don't.
Post 218 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@poka Just got an update: two weeks behind. That makes the actual TAT sixteen weeks; which is zero improvement from last summer. I have another 100+ book order ready to go, but those are books I wanted to bring to FanX SLCC. Its a four month TAT assuming no issues; if the weather plays merry hell again this summer, that pushes things into August, and the odds of my getting things back in time for early September start to look a lot like those for a winning lotto ticket.

*sigh* Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

It is ok. Mine are pressed and says processing time 25 weeks. At the time I get them I will probably have forgot about them - oh well - never going to be the case.
Post 219 IP   flag post
Collector schweizerdavid private msg quote post Address this user
Whoo hoo! My 11 books I submitted on September 8 have finally moved into grading. I was expecting a bit of a wait with the pressing and signature verification, but it is good to know they are moving.
Post 220 IP   flag post
Okay, so my order received on November 26 is now preparing to ship. My order received January 29th has finished grading and is in the production phase. My order received February 13 is currently in grading.

No fast pass on any of these, most books are ASP and one or two VSP books per order
Post 221 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
Called and checked on my books I submitted back at the end of November today...they are getting pressed, but I'm looking at June before I get them back. 6-7 months, even with pressing, is a little ridiculous in my opinion. I knew it would be longer getting them pressed, but I didn't think it would take 1/2 a year. I won't be using their pressing services anymore.
Post 222 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
How long are most seeing their submissions sitting in the grading stage? Is it typical for that to show for a long time, especially if another part of that order was fast tracked?
Post 223 IP   flag post
@fivestar It's a little difficult to say how long my books have been in grading. Unfortunately, I've been seeing a bug on the website where my order status doesn't update past grading so I have to call customer service to see what my actual status is. Perhaps you're seeing something similar?
Post 224 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite I don't know if that's the case or not. The fast track stuff updated fine and shows as completed. The non-fast track stuff is still showing in grading stage, but I'm just curious if it's actually there. Mainly I'd be surprised (yet thrilled) if they are actually in grading at this point based on this thread and the apparent TAT.
Post 225 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted two signed and verified books at the ACE comic con back in January. Today they moved into grading which I'm stoked about, but I do have a question how long does it normally take to go from grading to quality control?
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzies
I submitted two signed and verified books at the ACE comic con back in January. Today they moved into grading which I'm stoked about, but I do have a question how long does it normally take to go from grading to quality control?

Uhmmm Yeah about ACE..

I had TrinityComics submit one book for me with a Stan Sig. It was submitted received on Feb 15.
It moved in to shipping two days ago. This one had a FAST PASS attached to it.

I submitted 4 other books at ACE that would get signatures by Kubert & Romita. Those were received January 31st. Today those moved in to shipping.

I got 6 books that were received March 22, and 3 more were received today, even though they were all sent the same day.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I only had 118 books graded in the last year. I don't think I'll do that much for the next membership year.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I knew about fast pass and pressing....I was so excited to get Silver Surfer and A date with Millie signed by Stan Lee that I forgot to ask the people at the cbcs booth about it.
Post 229 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
When I saw a Fedex notice I thought I was getting the last 99 or so books from the November Rhode Island show.

Instead I received about 243 books from my submission from the middle of February, and no I did not fast track anything.

Very fast turnaround on this batch of signed modern books.
Post 230 IP   flag post
600738 237 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?