Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I think not changing the labels negates the resolution. If a seller has bad photos you can't tell a #CreepEngine from a #Frankenslab. Also I've already seen a new problem of innerwell puddling pop up with #Frankenslab.

First, rings, then waves, now puddles? Where are you seeing this? Is this happening on several books like the waves did?

I know puddling happened from time to time before, so hopefully this is isn't a new problem.
Post 126 IP   flag post
I'm not seeing a great deal of chatter about puddling at CGC, just one image in the last few months.

Is it on facebook? I'd look for myself but it's, you know... facebook lol
Post 127 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS To be fair, I've only seen 1 example of the puddling, it was a thread on this forum, but I don't recall the thread title. It diddn't look good though, it looked like the innerwell was being squeezed inward by the outer shell thus creating the "puddle" in the innerwell plastic. I did also see a recent YouTube rant about the newtonian effect still being bad with the new new slab, I can link that if you're interested?
Post 128 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwilli
The recorded directory lady over at CGC has a killer sexy Engish accent!
Sorry, just sayin'.

That is actually Pam Kesten, who now works for CBCS. The cgc has been asked to change it and they won't.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwilli
The recorded directory lady over at CGC has a killer sexy Engish accent!
Sorry, just sayin'.

That is actually Pam Kesten, who now works for CBCS. The cgc has been asked to change it and they won't.

Oh, that's f-ing funny LOL!
Can't blame 'em though.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Quote:
@MR_SigS To be fair, I've only seen 1 example of the puddling, it was a thread on this forum, but I don't recall the thread title.

Ah.
Yeah, puddling has been around a while. It isn't pretty at all, and Joey has said (probably in the same thread as the one you mentioned) that he has seen this affect books he's cracked open.

But I don't think it's indicative of their new case.
No need for the link, but thanks.
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector captnwilli private msg quote post Address this user
I guess that settles it then. I'm coming over here to lurk!
Post 132 IP   flag post
I mean "to contribute" not "lurk". It's a Welsh/Viking standard misinterpretation thing. You know, like assimilate into your culture. Not rape and pillage it.
Post 133 IP   flag post
Btw, I've enjoyed just about everything over here. Thanks.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Collector reggieb private msg quote post Address this user
I have a new Frankenslab with the waviness, can't tell if the book is wavy, or if it's just in the plastic. Right now it would take a pretty great book to get me to buy a CGC slabbed book (with the current slab at least). And I'd just get it re-done by CBCS once they get the label sorted.

EDIT: I was wrong, from what I had seen online, it looked to me like the new slab, but it's an old one, not the frankenslab.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggieb
I have a new Frankenslab with the waviness, can't tell if the book is wavy, or if it's just in the plastic. Right now it would take a pretty great book to get me to buy a CGC slabbed book (with the current slab at least). And I'd just get it re-done by CBCS once they get the label sorted.

Is it their (CGC's) current version, or the one that brought about the current version?
Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector reggieb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggieb

Is it their (CGC's) current version, or the one that brought about the current version?

I believe that it's the current one, wherein they added a sleeve inside the floating slab (that is the current one, correct?)

EDIT: I think I was wrong, unless it got re-slabbed, would it indicate that if you look it up via the on-site verification? It says that it was graded 03/12/2013, but it sure looks like the new one to me.
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Well "family", I've gone ahead and added myself as a Bronze member. I liked what I have been seeing and hearing on the forum, so you all swayed me to try the services out. Yep....I expect to utilize a few of the vast services - ones that CGC does not offer.

If from what I've only seen and heard....I think I am going to like my new place at the table.

Thanks in advance CBCS!
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Well "family", I've gone ahead and added myself as a Bronze member. I liked what I have been seeing and hearing on the forum, so you all swayed me to try the services out. Yep....I expect to utilize a few of the vast services - ones that CGC does not offer.

If from what I've only seen and heard....I think I am going to like my new place at the table.

Thanks in advance CBCS!

ZosoRocks, At this years Silicon Valley Comic Con I went from "Silver" to a "Gold" member and spent over $3,900.00 on getting 124 comic books graded. I'm very happy with CBCS as I think you will.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:

Thanks in advance CBCS!

ZosoRocks, At this years Silicon Valley Comic Con I went from "Silver" to a "Gold" member and spent over $3,900.00 on getting 124 comic books graded. I'm very happy with CBCS as I think you will.

Since I am still a "hundred-aire" - that level is well out of my budget.

:o)
Post 140 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:

Thanks in advance CBCS!

Since I am still a "hundred-aire" - that level is well out of my budget.

:o)

It was out of mine also, but weighing it out my AVENGERS 1,2,4 and a few others it was the best choice. Plus what I saved I can live on TACO BELL and McDonald's Happy Meals for a few weeks.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Does the Gold Club include a free pancake breakfast?
Post 142 IP   flag post
Quote:
Does the Gold Club include a free pancake breakfast?

All I got was "Laurel and Hardy" hand shake. And a Thank you. No food or even a parking validation.
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector Diggitydave1 private msg quote post Address this user
I am new to the slabbed business, and read everything on this thread. My local lcs is a cgc fan. But coming from a maintenance work force I know some times delays happen it can't be helped. And when I see a company that has seen problems and stopped to fix them to offer beer quality to customers means a lot to me. So I'm glad I those cbcs. I work in a hospital where we choose to provide the best care posible and that's how I feel cbcs is doing business. If it takes a little longer for better service then I'm happy with that.
Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector Sqeggs private msg quote post Address this user
Sooo is there going to be a CBCS census?
Post 145 IP   flag post
#Soon
Post 146 IP   flag post
Quote:
#Soon

Found a dead thread from about a year ago in which the reply was also "soon." Makes me wonder whether the data even exist to compile a census.
Post 147 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@Sqeggs Steve talks about the census in the latest CBCS video

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CBCScomics/videos/?ref=page_internal
Post 148 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeggs
Quote:
#Soon

Found a dead thread from about a year ago in which the reply was also "soon." Makes me wonder whether the data even exist to compile a census.

If you type in a CBCS reg number of any slab you can read the notes. There's the all the data right there, just in a different non searchable delivery form.
Post 149 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
@Sqeggs Steve talks about the census in the latest CBCS video

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CBCScomics/videos/?ref=page_internal

For some reason the audio won't play for me. Maybe because I'm not signed up for FB.

Can you summarize what he said?
Post 150 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeggs
Quote:
#Soon

If you type in a CBCS reg number of any slab you can read the notes. There's the all the data right there, just in a different non searchable delivery form.

But the notes don't tell you the census count do they?
Post 151 IP   flag post
@Sqeggs no they don't, I was just pointing out that they do indeed have the data for every book slabbed. Just the matter of them actually building the User Interface for us to access it all in a pretty manner.
Post 152 IP   flag post
@Sqeggs In a nutshell They're waiting to release the census until they feel they have enough graded books. Steve said it is being worked on and that CBCS have graded hundreds of thousands of books. Personally, I think he's waiting for the millionth book, but that's just me.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Oh wow, new avatar for Mattness!
Post 154 IP   flag post
@DarthLego lol yeah thought I'd try something new. Thanks for noticing
Post 155 IP   flag post
601347 158 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?