Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Since CBCS seems to be taking (has taken) the market away from CGC, what are they doing about expanding? Are they moving to a bigger space and hiring more graders? What is happening on their end? All I seem to be reading is that everybody is upset with the time delays. Isn't it time we heard from CBCS. What gives CBCS? Talk to us.

You need to read more/different threads, CBCS has been talking to us since this board started.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadabig
I hope that helps clarify. My books were back to me in about 3 weeks.

Lucky, secret, magic...doesn't matter. My experience with both services are what they are. Can't change it.

I must have missed it, on what tier did you send your books in?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
Quote:
Since CBCS seems to be taking (has taken) the market away from CGC, what are they doing about expanding? Are they moving to a bigger space and hiring more graders? What is happening on their end? All I seem to be reading is that everybody is upset with the time delays. Isn't it time we heard from CBCS. What gives CBCS? Talk to us.

I think it's a bit early for CBCS to be planning major expansion. The new CGC case fiasco only started a couple months ago.

I don't understand why anyone is complaining about TATs. I'm sure CBCS is swamped with new business. And I would much rather they take their time and do things right, rather than rush something out the door without proper QC.

We should be grateful that CBCS exists as an option.

And it seems to me that CBCS has been openly communicating with us extremely well. No complaints there.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
@nadabig Late fall to early winter of 2014 is when we stopped slabbing books for several weeks due to a problem with our inner wells. If I remember correctly, our current turnaround on modern books is (roughly) 40 business days. We're working on getting it back down to the 30 day projected time frame.

No one in the grading room is taking part in any forum activity during regular business hours. If you see one of us here on the forum it will be during our off time, not during office hours. We have other moderators in place to handle the forum while the office is open.

What in the world does what CBCS did in fall of 2014 have anything to with my experience with CGC at that time?

And I responded to another poster about how I would not look to add personnel to fix your issues and stated a question that I would ask if in the position to review your process as I had done for multiple departments when I worked for USAA. So no need to get defensive about work habits.

I chose to bring my business to CBCS with an indicated 30 business day turnaround with no indicated delay. Since that time it has gone to a 3-5 business day delay. Then 6-8. Now as indicated here, likely growing to an 8-10 business day delay.

How does any of that indicate that issues are being resolved?

I consistently read condescending remarks about how I should expect delays. Why does no one here realize that in the actual business world when a work is not fulfilled as promised that business is likely to not be utilized again?

I didn't set a deadline. I didn't speculate what a turnaround should be. CBCS quite literally stated what it was to earn my business. Can I give some leeway. Of course. Is two weeks an acceptable time to miss an agreed upon turnaround time? No, not by any stretch of the imagination.

And to top that off, knowing they can't handle the workload they have they offer a discount only to a competitor's customers to resolve the other company's deficiencies while not even communicating with their customer base regarding their own.

I have offered nothing but advice and honest feedback and all I receive is incoherent nonsense and apologist gibberish from people that want to be the cool kids on an internet forum that should in no way be a means of communication from the business to the customer.

Post 54 IP   flag post
I agree with you. Still, it would be nice to hear from CBCS from time to time to let people know what is going on in their world. Maybe a "suggestion box" or a monthly statement on how things are going. We put a lot of faith in them just by sending our books through the mail if we don't see them at a convention we can get to. So, some day I would like to take a tour of just how they do things.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
I agree with you. Still, it would be nice to hear from CBCS from time to time to let people know what is going on in their world. Maybe a "suggestion box" or a monthly statement on how things are going. We put a lot of faith in them just by sending our books through the mail if we don't see them at a convention we can get to. So, some day I would like to take a tour of just how they do things.

Have you heard of Facebook?
Post 56 IP   flag post
Yes, but when it comes down to interacting with a company I do it the old fashion way, face to face and a hand shake. This new era of on-line this and that does nothing for me. Anybody can post whatever they want it's just typed words. Let's sit down, talk, deal and come to an agreement. That's how I like to do my business. Is it old fashion, yes it is, but you will gain my trust and I will be a loyal customer.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yes, but when it comes down to interacting with a company I do it the old fashion way, face to face and a hand shake. This new era of on-line this and that does nothing for me. Anybody can post whatever they want it's just typed words. Let's sit down, talk, deal and come to an agreement. That's how I like to do my business. Is it old fashion, yes it is, but you will gain my trust and I will be a loyal customer.

LMAO, GLWTS.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
The reason I chose CBCS was the customer service. I am friends with a few comic creators and we were having a discussion on Facebook about grading. I was talking about how I emailed CGC a few times, and I never heard back. (It has now been over 2 years and still no reply to my emails) Some guy said that I should look into CBCS, and felt their CS was much better. This guy sent me a friend request on Facebook and sent a few messages back and forth. I looked into CBCS and felt it was a similar type of company, and sent an email asking about their company. I got a reply in about 3 hours. Com to find out, that guy on Facebook was the one and only Steve Borock. I felt if the man who who is the "head" of the company can take time to talk to me about stuff, this was the company I would work with. Yes, it might have been only messages on Facebook, but in this day and age, that is how a lot of communication happens, digitally. Since then the folks at CBCS have been more than happy to answer any question I might have via email, phone call, or in person at a con. I am happy with the decision I made. :-) Once I get a reply from CGC I will let you all know. LOL
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42
The reason I chose CBCS was the customer service. I am friends with a few comic creators and we were having a discussion on Facebook about grading. I was talking about how I emailed CGC a few times, and I never heard back. (It has now been over 2 years and still no reply to my emails)

Why didn't you just call their toll-free phone number?
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
I did. The woman told me that she was unfortunately unable to answer my question, and gave me the email for the person who would know. He was out of the building that day, so I could not talk to him. Since it was my first time dealing with that company, I figured that was how things went. So I said ok, thank you, and sent the email.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42
I did. The woman told me that she was unfortunately unable to answer my question, and gave me the email for the person who would know. He was out of the building that day, so I could not talk to him. Since it was my first time dealing with that company, I figured that was how things went. So I said ok, thank you, and sent the email.

Ah, I understand now :thumbsup:
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
Quote:

LMAO, GLWTS.
Post 63 IP   flag post
HAHAHA!! I have and it works for me.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
@nadabig Late fall to early winter of 2014 is when we stopped slabbing books for several weeks due to a problem with our inner wells. If I remember correctly, our current turnaround on modern books is (roughly) 40 business days. We're working on getting it back down to the 30 day projected time frame.

No one in the grading room is taking part in any forum activity during regular business hours. If you see one of us here on the forum it will be during our off time, not during office hours. We have other moderators in place to handle the forum while the office is open.

What in the world does what CBCS did in fall of 2014 have anything to with my experience with CGC at that time?

And I responded to another poster about how I would not look to add personnel to fix your issues and stated a question that I would ask if in the position to review your process as I had done for multiple departments when I worked for USAA. So no need to get defensive about work habits.

I chose to bring my business to CBCS with an indicated 30 business day turnaround with no indicated delay. Since that time it has gone to a 3-5 business day delay. Then 6-8. Now as indicated here, likely growing to an 8-10 business day delay.

How does any of that indicate that issues are being resolved?

I consistently read condescending remarks about how I should expect delays. Why does no one here realize that in the actual business world when a work is not fulfilled as promised that business is likely to not be utilized again?

I didn't set a deadline. I didn't speculate what a turnaround should be. CBCS quite literally stated what it was to earn my business. Can I give some leeway. Of course. Is two weeks an acceptable time to miss an agreed upon turnaround time? No, not by any stretch of the imagination.

And to top that off, knowing they can't handle the workload they have they offer a discount only to a competitor's customers to resolve the other company's deficiencies while not even communicating with their customer base regarding their own.

I have offered nothing but advice and honest feedback and all I receive is incoherent nonsense and apologist gibberish from people that want to be the cool kids on an internet forum that should in no way be a means of communication from the business to the customer.
In your earlier post you stated "Those were actually late fall early winter 2014. I sent some others probably early 2015." My response was addressing the turnaround time at that point. Our current turnaround on moderns is, as stated previously, roughly 40 business days.

If you're unhappy with our service for any reason, that's unfortunate. We do our best, and are constantly trying to find ways to improve the service we offer without compromising the quality of that service.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
In your earlier post you stated "Those were actually late fall early winter 2014. I sent some others probably early 2015." My response was addressing the turnaround time at that point. Our current turnaround on moderns is, as stated previously, roughly 40 business days.

If you're unhappy with our service for any reason, that's unfortunate. We do our best, and are constantly trying to find ways to improve the service we offer without compromising the quality of that service.

nadabig was referring to his CGC submission that he received back on time, not his current CBCS submission.
We're still waiting to learn which tier he used for his CGC subs.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:

nadabig was referring to his CGC submission that he received back on time, not his current CBCS submission.
We're still waiting to learn which tier he used for his CGC subs.

Because it's unclear if he's comparing CBCS's TATs to CGC's TATs using different tiers.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector nadabig private msg quote post Address this user
As stated previously, but for some reason continually unread, they were submitted on modern tier. I am comfortable with 30 days with a couple days buffer for getting my grading completed, so I don't feel the need to pay extra to get the books back in a couple days.

As I'm sure is apparent from my posts, I am displeased with my CBCS experience.

I find it ironic that I simply state my experiences with submitting books to both services on the same tiers and am asked over and over again to provide more of the most simple of details, all having been previously provided and get interrogated over my experience...yet it seems so frowned upon to question CBCS and to ask them for explanations and realistic expectations.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
As stated previously, but for some reason continually unread, they were submitted on modern tier.

Or I missed it. I wouldn't have asked if I knew the answer.

Quote:
I am comfortable with 30 BUSINESS days with a couple days buffer for getting my grading completed, so I don't feel the need to pay extra to get the books back in a couple days.

Fixed. Just for accuracy.

Quote:
As I'm sure is apparent from my posts, I am displeased with my CBCS experience.

Yep, pretty clear.
And just as apparent from several other posts, as well as CGC's TAT history and CBCS's current TAT situation, TATs are not exact and cannot be.
I know you claim your CGC experience was perfection, but if you're suggesting that TATs are never an issue there...

Quote:
I find it ironic that I simply state my experiences with submitting books to both services on the same tiers and am asked over and over again to provide more of the most simple of details, all having been previously provided

See above.
All you had to do was type "I stated MODERN earlier" when the question was asked again. It's not like some scheme is being hatched by us asking it.

And you didn't "simply state [your] experiences with submitting books", you said CBCS isn't doing the job right because you don't have your books yet. You had no suggestions for them for how you think they should fix things because you don't know the process (yet you still claim they're doing it wrong). We've given you several examples for WHY this type of service cannot have exact TATs, "but for some reason [they're] continually unread". Or at least you won't reply to them. Or can't.

Quote:
...and get interrogated over my experience...yet it seems so frowned upon to question CBCS and to ask them for explanations and realistic expectations.

Pretty sure they did explain why there is a lag, and when they should be expected. Pointless though, since only one response will seemingly satisfy.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
You had no suggestions for them for how you think they should fix things

Actually, I have made multiple suggestions far outside of the overly simplistic "hire more graders" which is likely the absolute worst way to go about it.

I guarantee you with more knowledge of the facility and the process I could buy them significant time without hiring personnel. Guarantee it. If I had an idea of how many books they process a day, I could project for you the minimum amount of time I could help them gain. If I couldn't help gain 30 seconds to a minute per book I'll shave my head and become a monk. If they process 100 books a day, a minute a book gets them over an hour and a half a day, just about a day a week.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Pretty sure they did explain why there is a lag, and when they should be expected.

I'm not getting push back from CBCS when I ask them for an explanation, my comment was in regard to the apologist front one meets on the boards here.

As far as when my books should be expected...

That was 6/2. Then I was told to expect them between 6/7 and 6/9, likely sooner though. Then 6/17, which is tomorrow. That's not happening. These were days I would told to expect my books in my hand by. I have even offered to pay the difference to expedite my grading just so I can get my books back and be done with this experience.
Post 71 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
And where exactly did you get your masters degree in expert of all things you've never witnessed before?
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton

You need to read more/different threads, CBCS has been talking to us since this board started.

A customer shouldn't have to refer to an online message board to get updates on the process.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
And where exactly did you get your masters degree in expert of all things you've never witnessed before?

You couldn't afford me.

Though working for you would be a dream. You blindly defend your workers, have no regard for a deadline and harbor no desire to meet expectations that even you yourself have set.

Work is work. Workers are inefficient. Actually, lazy. Everyone wants less work, even the industrious. If someone tells you that they aren't willing to exert less effort while they still improve their status due to increased production they're a fool.

I find ways for people to be lazy, yet produce more.

Example. The financial institution where I last worked allowed me to work at home a whole one day a quarter. That was always my best day. I was on a slower network with reduced resources, yet I produced more work. Everyone else produced less. My theory, because they could get away with it. I didn't focus or work harder. I had movies and binge watched seasons of shows while I worked. My difference, I didn't have distractions like someone wanting me to plan a freaking pot luck lunch or the like. I bugged less and was asked less questions. I produced more.

I then was allowed to work at home on a more consistent basis until I was promoted. I then coached managers and peers that weren't as productive as the others. I re-wrote procedures, taught simple things like copy/paste and other keyboard shortcuts that shaved time and errors, which led to less work and more saved time. We processed thousands of work items a day, saving seconds off each one was substantial.

I had to be a go-between from the print room where the checks were printed and the senior reps that dealt with escalated issues. They wanted to expand the helpline stating they were receiving 50 or so calls a day from the print room and it was overwhelming. I took over the print room calls for an hour, identified the root of the issue, coached the processors that were the root. Problem solved.

Don't get me started on the print room. What a catastrophe that place was.

That is a hell of a lot of words to simply say, this is just what I do. Well, used to do. Simply put, stand me up to your mountain, I'll chop it down with the edge of my hand. It's what I've done every where I've been and I'll do it everywhere I go.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector techtre2003 private msg quote post Address this user
Where's the eyeroll emoticon when you need it?
Post 75 IP   flag post
@nadabig Again, there have been examples for why services like this, that deals with unknown variables with the only product they work on, cannot have a guaranteed TAT each and every time. Please explain how you would change the laws of physics as well as the laws of space/time continuum in order for a FINE copy of a Golden Age book to be graded in the same amount of time it takes to grade a brand new modern.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@nadabig Keep it civil
Post 77 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Oh my dear lord, I'm just going to back out of the room slowly before I earn myself a vacation. Where is that eye roll emoticon when you need it?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Sqeggs private msg quote post Address this user
Ok. Trying to get this thread a bit back on track ... I've been yammering away in various threads about what a great opportunity the CGC new slab fiasco represents for CBCS.

Possible for someone to indicate what new initiatives CBCS may have under way to take advantage of the opportunity? (Apart from the 20% discount on reslabbing new CGC slabs.)

Thanks.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

You couldn't afford me.

Though working for you would be a dream. You blindly defend your workers, have no regard for a deadline and harbor no desire to meet expectations that even you yourself have set.

Work is work. Workers are inefficient. Actually, lazy. Everyone wants less work, even the industrious. If someone tells you that they aren't willing to exert less effort while they still improve their status due to increased production they're a fool.

I find ways for people to be lazy, yet produce more.

Example. The financial institution where I last worked allowed me to work at home a whole one day a quarter. That was always my best day. I was on a slower network with reduced resources, yet I produced more work. Everyone else produced less. My theory, because they could get away with it. I didn't focus or work harder. I had movies and binge watched seasons of shows while I worked. My difference, I didn't have distractions like someone wanting me to plan a freaking pot luck lunch or the like. I bugged less and was asked less questions. I produced more.

I then was allowed to work at home on a more consistent basis until I was promoted. I then coached managers and peers that weren't as productive as the others. I re-wrote procedures, taught simple things like copy/paste and other keyboard shortcuts that shaved time and errors, which led to less work and more saved time. We processed thousands of work items a day, saving seconds off each one was substantial.

I had to be a go-between from the print room where the checks were printed and the senior reps that dealt with escalated issues. They wanted to expand the helpline stating they were receiving 50 or so calls a day from the print room and it was overwhelming. I took over the print room calls for an hour, identified the root of the issue, coached the processors that were the root. Problem solved.

Don't get me started on the print room. What a catastrophe that place was.

That is a hell of a lot of words to simply say, this is just what I do. Well, used to do. Simply put, stand me up to your mountain, I'll chop it down with the edge of my hand. It's what I've done every where I've been and I'll do it everywhere I go.

LMFAO!!
Post 80 IP   flag post
601228 158 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?