Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 11/22/20174879

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Is 17 weeks+ too long TAT - yes!
Are there more important things in life to deal with - yes!

It is a life cycle - The longer TAT - the fewer ppl will use CBCS - which will lead to a reduction in TAT until it increases again.

It would be a nice gesture though for CBCS to give a small appreciation to the impacted submitters to compensate for the sub-standard TAT.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
It would be a nice gesture though for CBCS to give a small appreciation to the impacted submitters to compensate for the sub-standard TAT.

They used to give submitters a coupon for 70 cents off their next grading fee, but that just made them even angrier.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

They used to give submitters a coupon for 70 cents off their next grading fee, but that just made them even angrier.

There are small and then there is tiny like microskopic
Post 78 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
One of my two submissions hit 15 weeks yesterday. If they are running about 17 weeks, do you think I have a shot at getting them back by Christmas?
Post 79 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
One of my two submissions hit 15 weeks yesterday. If they are running about 17 weeks, do you think I have a shot at getting them back by Christmas?

Mine are getting labels now!

I think we will get our books back in time, that leaves 2.5 weeks to ship before Christmas. Whats the status on your invoice, it should be close to mine
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

I think we will get our books back in time, that leaves 2.5 weeks to ship before Christmas. Whats the status on your invoice, it should be close to mine

Don't get too excited about Labels, mine was in Labels for about 5wks & they just now moved to QC today. Friday will be 17wks on the nose for me
Post 81 IP   flag post
@Deadpoolica
Post 82 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Deadpoolica

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ hopefully yours moves quicker than mine did
Post 83 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Labels! Mine still says received! We dropped them off at the same time. All Moderns, no pressing, and just two with witnessed sigs.
Post 84 IP   flag post
@esaravo I think that makes us even now, the convention before that in June you got your books back several weeks before I did šŸ˜
Post 85 IP   flag post
my books have now moved to shipping!!!! Now if the grades would just show up lol
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector Bishops_Heroes private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't get your hopes up for a Christmas return. It took almost 19 weeks for me to get my submission back.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Quote:
@esaravo I think that makes us even now, the convention before that in June you got your books back several weeks before I did šŸ˜

Well, I just checked the status of that order again. Still ā€œreceived,ā€ but I noticed a change to my comic list for that order. When I submitted the order at Terrific Con on that Saturday, I wanted three witnessed signatures on my copy of Omega Men #3 (Giffen, Wolfman, and DeCarlo - as listed on my Invoice). I was only able to get one signature while I was there, but the CBCS witness said to not worry, he would get the other two signatures for me on Sunday. Guess what, my order NOW says TWO signatures - no Mike DeCarlo, who was the cover artist along with Keith Giffen. So instead of having the signatures of all three major players for that book, it will have two. Kind of a bummer. Plus, this is how I find out, by noticing THEIR change on my order. I never received any email or anything from CBCS saying that they were unable to get that signature. For a company that USED to pride itself on customer service, that just doesnā€™t seem right.

PS: until the last day or two, my order still listed the 3 signatures. So that change was done probably yesterday or today.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Time for a big TAT Test:

Two submissions are being mailed out tomorrow (12/7/17), a total of 113 books. Mostly modern w/ a couple of 2-Day in the mix due to value/age. I split the order up into two (on paper) b/c one group of comics needs pressing, and I don't want to hold the whole order back while waiting for those to finish. They're both being mailed in the same box, so arrival will be at the same time. It'll also give me a feel for the TAT on pressing.

Either way, with a TAT guesstimate of 17 weeks, I might see most of my books again April-ish, 2018.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
For what this information is worth to everyone, My books were received Aug 16 and moved to QC today. Crossing fingers for pre-Christmas delivery.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
My books were received 8/14 and also moved to QC today. And deadpoolicas were from Friday, 8/11 (I think based off one of the above comments).

Regardless, it seems like progress with the TATS could come sooner rather than later if 4 days worth of submissions moved to QC in 1 day.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
but the CBCS witness said to not worry, he would get the other two signatures for me on Sunday.

Any idea who it was? We got a few done that way as well, but gave him a few bucks for his trouble and he texted me pics of it when he got it done.

That sucks if you didnt get what you thought after all this time :/
Post 92 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer - After almost four months, I probably couldn't pick the guy out of a line-up! I guess that will teach me to be present for my witnessed signatures.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector Scott9406 private msg quote post Address this user
2 of 3 submissions from Boston Comic Con have shipped. I submitted on 8/11 and 8/13. Says delivery by 12/8 and 12/11. Now I'm just waiting on the 3rd submission which should be hitting QC here very soon as it was in labels the last week. Can't wait! I accidentally looked at the grades on 1 of the submissions, ASM 121 signed by Stan the Man, and it got a 6.5. I'm actually happy with the grade because I found this gem for $30 at a local video store that sells comics here and there and it wasn't stored properly. I know if I have it pressed I could probably get a 7.0-7.5 but I'm ok with it. I had Stan sign it at Boston Comic Con. I'm trying so hard not to look at the grades of the other submission that shipped, its so hard lol!.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector RookTheKlown private msg quote post Address this user
First time poster, first time using CBCS.

Just got the shipping notice for my first submission, from Boston Comic Con. Was a witnessed signature (Mike Zeck on Punisher #1) from 08/12, said received on 08/25, and shipped yesterday (12/06).

Even though the TAT was longer than I expected, I'll definitely use them again. My next submission will be a copy of Wolverine #1 that I'd like slabbed with VSP (signed by Claremont, Miller, Rubinstein, and Shooter).
Post 95 IP   flag post
Ok so I just couldn't do it lol. I had to look. The only grade I'm bummed out about is I got an 8.5 on my NM 98 I had signed by Rob Liefeld. But after reading the graders notes I see why it got an 8.5. I'm thinking of cracking it and having it pressed. I'm happy with the other grades and the graders notes shows that the imperfections on the books can be pressed and cleaned for a higher grade hopefully.
Post 96 IP   flag post
My Punisher #1 is an 8.5, which I completely expected. I had actually picked it up literally minutes earlier already slabbed at an 8.5. Bought it from a vendor, took it over to CBCS's booth to have them crack it and follow me to witness the signature. I owned the book for no more than 10 minutes before handing it over to them.
Post 97 IP   flag post
@RookTheKlown I'm definitely going to use CBCS again. In fact I'm sending my IM 55 and my CGC 8.5 ASM 300 out to my presser to give them a good clean and press, then I'm going to submit those bad boys to CBCS. For me the wait wasn't too bad. I understand all the circumstances surrounding the TAT's getting crazy. I have enjoyed my experience with CBCS.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
So does ā€œlabelingā€ come after QC? Labeling has never shown up on my order so curious if itā€™s going to be another phase before shipping or if the dashboard just wasnā€™t updated when it went to labeling.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
So does ā€œlabelingā€ come after QC? Labeling has never shown up on my order so curious if itā€™s going to be another phase before shipping or if the dashboard just wasnā€™t updated when it went to labeling.

Idk where in the order of things it falls, but you can now see further detail when you click into the printable invoice (on the right across from each tier)
Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
Labeling comes before QC.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott9406
@RookTheKlown I'm definitely going to use CBCS again. In fact I'm sending my IM 55 and my CGC 8.5 ASM 300 out to my presser to give them a good clean and press, then I'm going to submit those bad boys to CBCS. For me the wait wasn't too bad. I understand all the circumstances surrounding the TAT's getting crazy. I have enjoyed my experience with CBCS.

I've got a CGC ASM #300 that I've considered sending in to have cracked, pressed, and re-graded. My only concern is that every time a book like that is handled, the chances of something bad happening go up exponentially. I have no desire to create a textbook example of Murphy's Law.

Incidentally, just got off the phone w/ Customer Service. My books are leaving QC this morning & heading over to shipping! Apparently the prayers were answered, and if the deities are still kind, I'll have my books by Christmas.

...just how much of my soul do you think 40 books worth of delivery is gonna cost? Asking for Cthulhu.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
I've got a CGC ASM #300 that I've considered sending in to have cracked, pressed, and re-graded. My only concern is that every time a book like that is handled, the chances of something bad happening go up exponentially. I have no desire to create a textbook example of Murphy's Law.

My Punisher #1 was cracked and re-graded. I had just purchased it literally minutes earlier. I saw it at a vendor, paid for it, and brought it over to the CBCS booth to have them crack it and follow me to witness the signature. It was in my possession for probably 10 minutes total.

I knew there was potential for it to come back lower than the 8.5 it originally was at, but since it was nothing more than just having it signed, it was worth the risk for me.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector _satan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookTheKlown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament

My Punisher #1 was cracked and re-graded. I had just purchased it literally minutes earlier. I saw it at a vendor, paid for it, and brought it over to the CBCS booth to have them crack it and follow me to witness the signature. It was in my possession for probably 10 minutes total.

I knew there was potential for it to come back lower than the 8.5 it originally was at, but since it was nothing more than just having it signed, it was worth the risk for me.

Ive heard when they crack the book for what ever reason, then regrade it is generally the same grade. Out of curiosity how much did you pay for the book before getting signed? (if you dont want to say no problem) I purchased Punisher 1 last year and had it signed by Stan Lee then sent it for grading, came back with a 9.2. I was expecting a High 8-9.0, always nice to get things back higher than you were expecting
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _satan
Ive heard when they crack the book for what ever reason, then regrade it is generally the same grade. Out of curiosity how much did you pay for the book before getting signed? (if you dont want to say no problem) I purchased Punisher 1 last year and had it signed by Stan Lee then sent it for grading, came back with a 9.2. I was expecting a High 8-9.0, always nice to get things back higher than you were expecting

That's kinda what I figured, although they made sure to warn me that it absolutely gets re-graded and there's absolute potential for it to come back lower. And they warned me BEFORE they cracked it, just in case that would change my mind.

The vendor had it listed at $75, but sold it to me for $50.
Post 105 IP   flag post
600914 149 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.