Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Good Morty Thead Redux- PLEASE Be Civil4650

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
can u please measure them
Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Just to keep you guys in the loop. the 2 will go out today.

Post 177 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
@Intoanother and I have cracked this case wide open. Give me a few minutes. We know now how to spot fakes!!!!!@
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Almost as good as an Agatha Christie novel!!!
Post 179 IP   flag post
I got a 42 page word document brewing. Now I have to put it on the interwebs for the world to see
Post 180 IP   flag post

http://www.kaptainmyke.com/comics/goodmorty/goodmorty.htm
Post 181 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Nice post!

So basically, if morty is caucasian, he's real, and if he's latin, he's fake 👍🏻- 👎🏼

It'll be interesting to see if Steve has any insight into the actual paper or printing process as well
Post 182 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
http://www.kaptainmyke.com/comics/goodmorty/goodmorty.htm

Post 183 IP   flag post
Here’s a few quick pics of the single staple copy I have next to a ruler.

Post 184 IP   flag post
I’ll get more accurate measuremts posted a bit later. It’s pretty clear I should have held it down with something so it laid completely flat.

Kap is right though, mine was also very close to an even 5” x 3” when I held it down, I just could take the pic when I did that.
Post 185 IP   flag post
Cool - It looks like the right size. Is that the real one or fake one? Can't tell from the lighting source.
Post 186 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

That’s the real copy. My bad for the rainy day natural light pics.
Post 187 IP   flag post
Got 2 more copies in today, both were shipped from same seller. Both have 2 staples.

Sellers "marusechkaus" and "michaekoshlele-0" are bootleggers, and are the same person because both orders came media mail from one package.

Both fake.

Post 188 IP   flag post
And then I get a cryptic email message

Post 189 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Who got the signed booklet? I have yet to see one for sale.
Post 190 IP   flag post
idk but i wish i could locate one
Post 191 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke

Whow! Which one did you choose?

Post 192 IP   flag post
i didn't reply
Post 193 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

Your article was great. I don't see how informing other collectors about spotting a fake can be a bad thing.
Post 194 IP   flag post
It's not. That guy is probably the guy who bought the $850 fake one on October 10
Post 195 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It's not. That guy is probably the guy who bought the $850 fake one on October 10

A LOT of people paid 1-200+ for fakes. What a shitshow this has been. :facepalm:
Post 196 IP   flag post
If you read in my article at http://www.kaptainmyke.com/comics/goodmorty/goodmorty.htm , For you, @shrewbeer , I acknowledge and admit my 2 staple copy sent off for grading is fake. You were right, brah. *chest bump* *butt smack* *double high 5*
Post 197 IP   flag post
I heard back from Madman Entertainment. I asked them a few basic questions and this was the response I received.

“Thanks for contacting Madman Entertainment.

Unfortunately this was a limited edition item for the first production of Season 1 in Australia. It is no longer available and we do not have any other comics in this series.

You may be able to get a second hand copy on an online retailer such as ebay?

Sorry we can't be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Liz”

So it appears from the response that they printed them themselves to be distributed, but that’s not yet been confirmed. I sent a follow up email with a few more detailed questions in regards to who printed them, how many were printed, were they inside the cases or a loose bonus, etc.

I’ll let everyone know when I hear back from them.
Post 198 IP   flag post
I believe they received a handful of copies from the original run, and they stamped them with a machine on the back with the madman logo. I could be wrong but I need to see one in hand to make that deduction.
Post 199 IP   flag post
Well, atleast they responded promptly.

Ugh.

“Hi,

Sorry we can't give out that information. It was a limited release and is no longer available. We have no plans to reproduce these at this stage.

Sorry to be vague, but that's all we can say on the matter.

Kind regards,

Liz”

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Post 200 IP   flag post
As you as you can see, it’s appears from her response that they reproduced them themselves.

Whether they were given permission to print them has yet to be determined, but I’m not sure I can determine that. It also may be a mystery for some time on how many they made/distributed.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Yes, notice how she said "we have no plans to reproduce these at this stage".

Also, if you look at the image of the Madmen version in the eBay listing, Morty's skin tone on the cover of the Madmen version is closer to that of the bootleg version.
Post 202 IP   flag post
Yeah, her wording isn’t exactly comforting.

I sent a follow up email that is a bit more blunt. I see no reason why they would refuse to disclose that information unless something was off.
Post 203 IP   flag post
Very interesting.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
If you read in my article at http://www.kaptainmyke.com/comics/goodmorty/goodmorty.htm , For you, @shrewbeer , I acknowledge and admit my 2 staple copy sent off for grading is fake. You were right, brah. *chest bump* *butt smack* *double high 5*

great write up by the way.
your article said,
" This set has Jerry’s feet displayed.Other copies Jerry’s feet is missing.Those are fakes too, because originally that layer had a bluray sticker going across his feet.This particular cover on the slip case however shows the couch walking off the ground as well"

clickable text go down
Post 205 IP   flag post
600860 571 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.