Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Good Morty Thead Redux- PLEASE Be Civil4650

Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Just looks like they added a stamp to me. No?

They may have distributed Season 1 and 2 sets but I don't see any information stating they printed the Good Morty’s.
Post 151 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
RICK AND MORTY SEASON ONE & TWO (MADMAN - 2016) REVIEW

Year: 2016 (BluRay / DVD Release)
Rating: PG
Running Time: 23 MIN (per Episode)
Genre: Animated, Comedy
Executive Producers: Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland, James A. Fino, Joe Russo II
Voice Actors: Justin Roiland, Chris Parnell, Spencer Grammer, Sarah Chalke
Production Studios: Justin Roiland's Solo Vanity, Card Productions, Harmonious Claptrap, Starburns Industries
Original Network: Adult Swim
Distributor: Madman Entertainment

The year is 2014 when originally released. This madman release of Rick and Morty is 2016. I call that not first printing. A stamp is still a stamp. Shrinkwrapping. They own a printing company. I'm just connecting dots.
Post 152 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, here's the single staple book as of this morning. Looks waaaaaaaay better now. I can't believe they just let them jostle around like that, all willy nilly in the cases like that!

Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Nice work @kaptainmyke, much improved.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Production Studios: Justin Roiland's Solo Vanity, Card Productions, Harmonious Claptrap, Starburns Industries

The year is 2014 when originally released. This madman release of Rick and Morty is 2016. I call that not first printing. A stamp is still a stamp. Shrinkwrapping. They own a printing company. I'm just connecting dots.

Post 155 IP   flag post

PEPE SILVIA!
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Just to point out the Madmen website has 2014 DVD's on it.

The single staple pamphlet in the eBay listing shows it to be a first edition and looks like the other Rick and Morty single stapled copies. Do you believe that one printing company could produce an exact "copy" of the other company's product in a different country? How does it get labeled a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th printing? I'm confused.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@Scorpion that went out first class a week ago, you should have it by now.

I got the tracking stub at work, will check it first thing tomorrow morning. We had some hard-core storms in New England here yesterday, all systems down no power so I didn't go into work today :/

don't check just got home from work, and just got it, will send out tomorrow with mine.
Post 158 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
How does it get labeled a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th printing? I'm confused.

Well I'm not saying it's labeled as such. Honestly, I stand by my original statement: that Madman is a wildcard. I don't like it.

For that matter, I don't like this entire rabbit hole we've dived into. At all. *shudders*
Post 159 IP   flag post
+1 Kap.

It’s a mess that fittingly Madman just made messier.
Post 160 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@Scorpion that went out first class a week ago, you should have it by now.

I got the tracking stub at work, will check it first thing tomorrow morning. We had some hard-core storms in New England here yesterday, all systems down no power so I didn't go into work today :/

don't check just got home from work, and just got it, will send out tomorrow with mine.

Sounds good. I was really hoping to get Steve all three of these to examine, but at least two are on the way.

If that black error one lands in my PO box within the next two days I'll overnight it to cbcs. Idgaf abt shipping costs im too damn curious at this point 🙃
Post 161 IP   flag post
will ship tomorrow, I also PM Steve R to let him know its on the way with Invoice #.
Post 162 IP   flag post
hmmm u gonna ship it loose in the bag/board combo?

not to be picky, but i am a bit of a stickler meeseeks....

u should cut small bag/boards, use blue tape, and then put those inside a regular bag/board.

Post 163 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
If one of you guys have what you believe to be a real and counterfeit copy, you can send them to the office to my attention and I can do an analysis of them and give you a detailed report on the differences. I worked in the printing industry for almost 30 years. I have an eye for that stuff.

you will be getting a package soon. for you 2 look at two of the good morty books.
it will be in your ATTN: also PM you on it.
Post 164 IP   flag post
The single staple is def lighter in color
Post 165 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke wot?
Post 166 IP   flag post

Post 167 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I have an Australia copy that is supposed to be shipped sometime late this week/early next week headed my way. If I'm going to submit it for grading as a 2 day modern, does anyone know what the turn-a-round time on that would be once it arrives at CBCS?
Post 168 IP   flag post
Forever
Post 169 IP   flag post
Okay got another clear DVD case set of both season 1 and 2. Both came with real booklets. This is a single staple Good Morty. Evenly spaced print, tightly closed staples, lighter cover.

I scored with this one

Post 170 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke any opinion either way now that you've held both 1 and 2 in your hand?
Post 171 IP   flag post
they feel the same. all 3 have the darker square on back. one has 2 staples, the other 2 have 3 staples. Even the spacing on the comic inside is even from the outsid edges on the 2 staple version. I'm still on the fence.
Post 172 IP   flag post
here's the inside of my 2 staple version that got sent across the street for grading:

Post 173 IP   flag post
I just got in what I have no reason to believe is not a genuine copy with one staple. 🎉

Here are a few side by side pics with the new single staple copy next to one of the ones pulled from the likely bootleg DVD sets I received.

You’ll see that the single staple copy is noticeably smaller, the colors are sharper, and to the touch the paper is of a higher quality.

In case it’s not clear, the real copy is on the bottom in the two stacked pics and on the right in the other two.

Post 174 IP   flag post
Can you please measure both of them and give us your llength in millimeters and in inches if possible and please don’t make me end up in the out of context number thread because of this
Post 175 IP   flag post
can u please measure them
Post 176 IP   flag post
Just to keep you guys in the loop. the 2 will go out today.

Post 177 IP   flag post
@Intoanother and I have cracked this case wide open. Give me a few minutes. We know now how to spot fakes!!!!!@
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Almost as good as an Agatha Christie novel!!!
Post 179 IP   flag post
I got a 42 page word document brewing. Now I have to put it on the interwebs for the world to see
Post 180 IP   flag post
601280 571 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.