Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Good Morty Thead Redux- PLEASE Be Civil4650

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Ugggh
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector joephizz private msg quote post Address this user
I received another, two staple copy in a knock-off Blu-ray today and having compared it to the two staple DVD version I have there are definitely slight differences in colour, size and quality.

So this means either my two-staple DVD copy is genuine or there are multiple versions of the fake comics, printed by different people on different equipment, one doing Blu-rays and the other DVDs.

Just to clarify, my DVD was exactly the same as @kaptainmyke has except it did not have the "Comic inside" sticker on the shrink wrap.

I'll post pictures of the two I have side by side for reference.

Still working on getting a single staple version!
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user

My whole reaction to this because I love you all
Post 128 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@joephizz sounds like we are back to the theory that the DVD ones may be a second printing of sorts.

Does your bluray morty have the little black error line under the red box on the back?
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Edit:

I deleted my original comment, to avoid further speculation.
Post 130 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I have received my "one staple" Good Morty booklet that came inside a bluray of season 1. I bought this from an unsuspecting Pawn Shop on ebay, sniped it at the last 2 seconds for $28. It appeared real in the photos, and wasn't highlighted as such, no mention of the comic book in the listing, title, or search engines. I was searching only for morty season 1 and anyone who wasn't selling them in large quantities or selling other movies. This person appears legit, and only sells things from their pawn shop, misc items, etc. I saw no reason to suspect this person. This is what I received in the mail today:

Post 131 IP   flag post
Let's take a closer look with some of my new inspection tools, which both include UV and LED lighting:

Post 132 IP   flag post
The print is evenly spaced from the edges. The staple is singular, and closed tightly together. The line work is tight. There are no runaway lines or bleedoff/bleedthrough. Looks like one layer. The top is slightly less than 3". It is exactly 5" long. One 1/16" tiny brown stain to the right of the pink box on the back cover. I could not remove the stain. The front has a really nasty indention on front cover, below Morty's right eyeball. The cover is lighter than my 2 staple version.

Post 133 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, how did it get so beat up? Looks like about a 5.0-6.0 in that condition.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Might be much higher after I’m done with it.
Post 135 IP   flag post
the early preliminary results are in, and the book looks tremendously improved, you almost can't tell it was the same book, honestly
Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer This might be more evidence for your case that 1 staple books are the real deal. This sold on eBay at auction in Australia:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Good-Morty-Mini-Comic-1st-Appearance-of-Rick-and-Morty-1st-Edition-New/122765625098?hash=item1c9566c70a:g:qmUAAOSwai1Z6xUq

It is a single staple. The book is complements of MadMen Entertainment. Look up who they are and you'll find that they do around $50 million in sales:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madman_Entertainment

Producing a fake to sell in another country that Rick and Morty aren't as popular within and with the Madmen logo seems a bit out there. It is the only copy like that I have found.
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater

That’s one heck of a find Towmater!

Am I correct that we have as many as five variations of The Good Morty?

Granted the Madman stamped copy needs to be looked into a bit more but here’s what we have so far.

1. Single Staple
2. Single Staple Signed/Stamped (250)
3. Single Staple Madman Stamp (?)
4. Double Staple
5. Double Staple with printing error below Morty Publications.
Post 138 IP   flag post
@Towmater yep good find

@IntoAnother variants 1-3 would all be the same printing

Still waiting for my black error printing to show up in the mail, I hate media mail 😡
Post 139 IP   flag post
True Shrew, that was more for me by listing them seperately. Only because I’d like a copy of each variantion for my collection.

I just sent an email to Madman to see if they could possibly tell me a bit more about that one...and to see if they happen to have any more.🤞
Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I have received my "one staple" Good Morty booklet that came inside a bluray of season 1. I bought this from an unsuspecting Pawn Shop on ebay, sniped it at the last 2 seconds for $28. It appeared real in the photos, and wasn't highlighted as such, no mention of the comic book in the listing, title, or search engines. I was searching only for morty season 1 and anyone who wasn't selling them in large quantities or selling other movies. This person appears legit, and only sells things from their pawn shop, misc items, etc. I saw no reason to suspect this person. This is what I received in the mail today:

that one bluray you have is the same one i have so it's real same blue case and everything look like mine.

@shrewbeer, still waiting on yours, so i can ship both out, when did you mail it??
Post 141 IP   flag post
I just noticed that Madman also has a printing company.

http://www.mmpprint.com.au

Hopefully they respond to my email and we’re not left wondering if they made that one themselves to give out.
Post 142 IP   flag post
@Scorpion that went out first class a week ago, you should have it by now.

I got the tracking stub at work, will check it first thing tomorrow morning. We had some hard-core storms in New England here yesterday, all systems down no power so I didn't go into work today :/
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector Symbiote private msg quote post Address this user
Did @CopperAgeKids get suspended?
Post 144 IP   flag post
So says the suspension thread
Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
I just noticed that Madman also has a printing company.

http://www.mmpprint.com.au

Hopefully they respond to my email and we’re not left wondering if they made that one themselves to give out.

Noting how big they are, I'd say they private labeled the book. Their logo is placed where it is supposed to go. Therefore, I'd say they ordered x number of copies of the CD's to distribute in Australia from the USA and had them shipped with The Good Morty comic printed, shipped inside the packaging, and shrink wrapped to sell. I hope I wrote that so it gets my point across.
Post 146 IP   flag post
the Madman Good Morty is a wildcard.
Post 147 IP   flag post
RICK AND MORTY SEASON ONE & TWO (MADMAN - 2016) REVIEW

Year: 2016 (BluRay / DVD Release)
Rating: PG
Running Time: 23 MIN (per Episode)
Genre: Animated, Comedy
Executive Producers: Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland, James A. Fino, Joe Russo II
Voice Actors: Justin Roiland, Chris Parnell, Spencer Grammer, Sarah Chalke
Production Studios: Justin Roiland's Solo Vanity, Card Productions, Harmonious Claptrap, Starburns Industries
Original Network: Adult Swim
Distributor: Madman Entertainment

There you go. Single Staple, second printing (possibly a third printing). From a professional printing company.
Post 148 IP   flag post
I’m not following Kap. Where are you seeing information stating it’s from a second, possibly third printing by them?
Post 149 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
I’m not following Kap. Where are you seeing information stating it’s from a second, possibly third printing by them?

Yes, on the back cover it still says "First Edition".
Post 150 IP   flag post
Just looks like they added a stamp to me. No?

They may have distributed Season 1 and 2 sets but I don't see any information stating they printed the Good Morty’s.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Quote:

Production Studios: Justin Roiland's Solo Vanity, Card Productions, Harmonious Claptrap, Starburns Industries

The year is 2014 when originally released. This madman release of Rick and Morty is 2016. I call that not first printing. A stamp is still a stamp. Shrinkwrapping. They own a printing company. I'm just connecting dots.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Okay, here's the single staple book as of this morning. Looks waaaaaaaay better now. I can't believe they just let them jostle around like that, all willy nilly in the cases like that!

Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Nice work @kaptainmyke, much improved.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

The year is 2014 when originally released. This madman release of Rick and Morty is 2016. I call that not first printing. A stamp is still a stamp. Shrinkwrapping. They own a printing company. I'm just connecting dots.

Post 155 IP   flag post
597874 571 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.