Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Good Morty Thead Redux- PLEASE Be Civil4650

Collector Krazyflipz private msg quote post Address this user
@Ditch_Fahrenheit

Ya that helps, that's more evidence showing only a single staple before 2016. Good find!
Post 101 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@Ditch_Fahrenheit yep, that helps.

We continue to see evidence that single stapled books are legit, and have seen zero evidence that double-stapled ones are as well.

We may not be able to directly prove the doubles false, except by lack of any evidence they are real.
Post 102 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Great posts! Keep it up! S_S I think you have modern post 2016 dvd sets, white, no comic inside. The guy on ebay is a search engine string baiter saying "comic inside" tho if so
Post 103 IP   flag post
Just realized RI comicon is in only 2.5 weeks.

I can put all three variants with their respective cases/slipcovers in front of Roiland and see if he has an opinion as well. If any are fake I'll ask him to sign and write fake on it before handing it to CBCS lol
Post 104 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I think we are all missing the elephant in the room. I hate to break it everyone, but while worrying about how many staples, shades of red, DVD cases, slipcovers, shrinkwraps and so on, it looks to me like all of the Good Morty's are fake. Just look, none of the ones I've seen anywhere have the "J.T.C." in the right lower corner of the front cover! OMG!!!

Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Ditch_Fahrenheit private msg quote post Address this user
Just another 'single staple' data point, and I think the pic showing the signed and stamped tract was posted in the first thread, but this Reddit post from 8/1/14 may be the original source.

Supposedly, 250 signed tracts were included in the original release.
"250 will be signed and will be in both DVD and Blu-Ray first run."

8/1/14
https://www.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/2cafvu/the_good_morty/?sort=old

Post 106 IP   flag post
@Ditch_Fahrenheit great find!

There's the confirmation that at least original plans were first run printing only, no subsequent runs.

Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
I think we are all missing the elephant in the room. I hate to break it everyone, but while worrying about how many staples, shades of red, DVD cases, slipcovers, shrinkwraps and so on, it looks to me like all of the Good Morty's are fake. Just look, none of the ones I've seen anywhere have the "J.T.C." in the right lower corner of the front cover! OMG!!!

so because it don't have a J.T.C on it, its fake, lol
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@Krazyflipz good stuff, thank you for posting!

I find it interesting that there is no evidence of a book coming out of a DVD purchase prior to last year. All the single staple books came out of the blue rays.

We've got a single staple Blu-ray book and a double stable one from this year shipped out to the pros at CBCS, so stay tuned for those results 👍🏻

PS scroll down the main forum page, there is a locked thread that has tons of good Morty evidence in it.

The original advertisement that ran on Adult Swim / Cartoon Network indicated that both the Bluray and DVD came with the flyer. The video is from 2014.

Post 109 IP   flag post
@jimmylinguini , @Krazyflipz posted an unboxing video earlier as well with a kid pulling a book out of a dvd
Post 110 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
still haven't gotten my copies in this week yet
Post 111 IP   flag post
Mail is slow right now, my other two "variants" are still en-route as well
Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
I got one more copy in from a different seller. Same as the other two I’ve already shared.

Post 113 IP   flag post
Lame.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Yup. I am still leaning towards all two staple copies being fakes, but even if they are not I’d still like one single stapled copy in my collection.

Hopefully I get one soon. 🤞
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
This is the greatest hunting thread I've read on this forum.

So.

Intense.
Post 116 IP   flag post
@IntoAnother

I think all I care about is a single staple version. I would like to see one of the following scenarios though.

- A single staple one coming from a clear DVD case.

- A double staple one coming from a white DVD case, This is less important unless it's a video/pic from before 2016.

I firmly believe that all the double staple versions are complete fakes to help legitimize bootleg versions of the DVD. I don't believe creating the double staple versions was an attempt to fool comic collectors, rather just the byproduct of trying to create an authentic bootleg.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Some other things I've found today to add to the timeline.

9/8/14 - Single staple picture from a forum, 4th post down.
http://skullbrain.org/bb/index.php?threads/rick-and-morty.48002/page-2

9/22/14 - Single staple picture from Justin Roiland's Twitter from 2014
https://twitter.com/justinroiland/status/514175846190284800

10/7/14 - Single staple picture from a website's review, 6th picture down.
http://www.hidefninja.com/2014/10/07/rick-morty-season-one-blu-ray-review/
Post 118 IP   flag post
@Krazyflipz

I’m with you Krazy. As much as I’d like for the copies with two staples to be legit I just don’t see it. Not until I see some earlier proof like you suggested.

Kudos by the way for all the information you’ve gathered. 👍
Post 119 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
As much as I’d like for the copies with two staples to be legit I just don’t see it.

Same here. There's just no evidence they are legit.

That 2-staple copy I sent to @scorpion has a 2-day modern invoice attached to it, we'll see what Steve says and what CBCS promptly does after with it

If the label clearly says counterfeit, expect the single staple books on ebay to jump high in price. I'd get one now if you don't have one. The overall value and demand has tanked since the news of counterfeit has hit.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyflipz
- A double staple one coming from a white DVD case, This is less important unless it's a video/pic from before 2016.

Brah. Have u not looked at my posts and images?!
Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyflipz

Brah. Have u not looked at my posts and images?!

I did but I also read your post saying that your purchase wasn't from release but instead was from Amazon 8 months ago. That's still after 2016, and the one you purchased that has a white case didn't have a comic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
@Krazyflipz

I’m with you Krazy. As much as I’d like for the copies with two staples to be legit I just don’t see it. Not until I see some earlier proof like you suggested.

Kudos by the way for all the information you’ve gathered. 👍

Thanks man! 👍
Post 122 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
How come the people behind Rick and Morty haven't been more proactive about addressing the concerns that have been brought up in this thread? Has anyone attempted to contact them about the situation? I ask as it would seem that they could contact the supplier of the "The Good Morty" pamphlet to see if the pamphlets were produced only having 1 staple, or if multiple runs/manufacturers were done/used what number of staples went into those pamphlets. Wouldn't that be the simple approach? Also, those pamphlets were free items. What type of quality does one expect from a free pamphlet found in a DVD/Blue Ray? Would bleeding be common or uncommon is a pamphlet that no one realized would have any importance when it was produced?

Do the creators behind Rick and Morty not respond to the fans when concerns like the ones outlined in threads like this come up? Not being a Rick and Morty fanatic I don't know have answers to the questions I posed. The other concern I would have would be that a grading company declare pamphlets as be genuine or counterfeit only to have an official announcement come out later that is counter to what that grading company ruled by just looking at examples that come into their offices.
Post 123 IP   flag post
I messaged Justin but he's too busy tracking down keytars. Seriously.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
well saw this, $850 this is crazy, he says

Look at the photos that we've supplied to see some of them. The genuine is from the actual 2 disc DVD
we already owned.

not saying its real, but will hurt others that have a real genuine Blu-ray with a blue case.

I think everyone should Waite and stop buying these before you lose money on this, or till one is graded to see the real thing,

clickable text
Post 125 IP   flag post
Ugggh
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector joephizz private msg quote post Address this user
I received another, two staple copy in a knock-off Blu-ray today and having compared it to the two staple DVD version I have there are definitely slight differences in colour, size and quality.

So this means either my two-staple DVD copy is genuine or there are multiple versions of the fake comics, printed by different people on different equipment, one doing Blu-rays and the other DVDs.

Just to clarify, my DVD was exactly the same as @kaptainmyke has except it did not have the "Comic inside" sticker on the shrink wrap.

I'll post pictures of the two I have side by side for reference.

Still working on getting a single staple version!
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user

My whole reaction to this because I love you all
Post 128 IP   flag post
@joephizz sounds like we are back to the theory that the DVD ones may be a second printing of sorts.

Does your bluray morty have the little black error line under the red box on the back?
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Edit:

I deleted my original comment, to avoid further speculation.
Post 130 IP   flag post
601299 571 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.