Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Good Morty Thead Redux- PLEASE Be Civil4650

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
These were in the PO box today. Same dark brown border, clear disks, but *feels* and looks a bit shady. The slipcovers are very good quality, I wouldnt normally think they were fake.

Im trying to get all three so I can do an unboxing of all at once. Shipping one of these good mortys off to Steve though. We shall see.

Post 76 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
but u haven't even opened it yet?

Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn
@conditionfreak

I'll add my .12cents to the mix. I'm in it for the puzzle it presents. Been wired that way since very young. I doubt my purchase will solve this mystery, but it may give another data point. Greedy? Such a stiff word. Poker player and % type gambling is something I do and am slightly profitable at, considering my low stakes level. So I popped $45 to land the infamous Good Morty comic. Probably a low % bet but hey no biggie. After all GM is the next Tec 27, right?😎

Less talking, more posting of pics.

Heh... got you... late last night (profitable!) poker session, and running around multiple errands today. Now a normal person would have instantly ripped the package open to at least see shrink wrap and production date.... that ain't me! Will do the deed when I get home this evening....

same Bat channel.....😎
Post 78 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 79 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I ripped one open just to make sure the Morty's were in there, will post pics later I'm still on the road
Post 80 IP   flag post

Did you just say you let one rip?
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Did you just say you let one rip?

I havent heard that term in ages lolol
Post 82 IP   flag post
Anyone with a single staple that can post a pic of the inside cover please?

There is definite ink bleed-thru on this double staple book. You can see half the black (left)and morty's black hair coming through (right). Everything else looks the same as what others have posted so far.

I need a better resolution pic of the single staple, this one is all i have. Looks like no ink bleed though.

Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Anyone with a single staple that can post a pic of the inside cover please?

There is definite ink bleed-thru on this double staple book. You can see half the black (left)and morty's black hair coming through (right). Everything else looks the same as what others have posted so far.

I need a better resolution pic of the single staple, this one is all i have. Looks like no ink bleed though.

that would be me , but wont be till tonight when i get home.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Notable spots under mag with light vs mag with UV

Ink bleed thru from cover

Morty's eye

Staples

Post 85 IP   flag post

here you go
Post 86 IP   flag post
Why does one look blue and why not make both blue otherwise I cannot tell anything
Post 87 IP   flag post
@Kap the pics I posted are of the same book. Same spots under LED then UV light.

@Scorpion I can faaintly see what looks like bleed thru on yours as well, but it ends in a different spot in "you"

So essentially, these books are close to identical aside from the staples lol. Maybe Steve will see some difference in the paper and print.
Post 88 IP   flag post
I hate that we cant PM pictures!

@Scorpion on it's way. I put my invoice and comic inside this, just ship it just like that for Steve to open. I assure you, there IS a book inside lol

I will also put tabs on all tape in the Gemini mailer so you can re-use it for both of our books if you like. They are quite bulletproof.

Good luck to ME! (Because I know yours is real 😁)

Post 89 IP   flag post
thanks. will ship out both when your gets here. will see what Steve say on this. hope your is real too.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector Krazyflipz private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I’m new to these forums but have been collecting Rick and Morty stuff for a long time. I found my way here after noticing a bunch of “The Good Morty’s” being posted on Ebay. That lead me to researching the reasoning behind so many being sold, which lead me to finding out about this comic being considered the first appearance of Rick and Morty, which lead me to here. This is the information I’ve managed to put together so far regarding which versions of the comics are real vs fake and I’m hoping to expand on it. Any additional information is appreciated.

DVD/Blu-Ray Release Date - 10/7/14

Source - https://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/movies/7044/rick-and-morty

Evidence
For the videos I’ve tried my best to link to a time in the video where you can best see the single staple on the comic.

7/31/14 - Tweet from Justin Roiland’s Twitter showing “The Good Morty” with only 1 staple.
https://twitter.com/JustinRoiland/status/494947197205508096

8/1/14 - Reddit post by Justin Roiland’s assistant at the time showing only 1 staple.
https://www.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/2cafvu/the_good_morty/

10/7/14 - Unboxing video of the Blu-ray. “Comic Inside” sticker on box - only 1 staple
https://youtu.be/JqY1USBow84?t=150

10/7/14 - Picture of the Blu-ray from a Twitter user who replied to Justin Roiland’s tweet linked above.
https://twitter.com/DominusNoctis/status/519592677407330304

10/22/14 - Unboxing video of the Blu-ray, showing only 1 staple.
https://youtu.be/DcfrCHgL_Bg?t=168

8/1/14 - Unboxing video of the Blu-ray, “Comic Inside” sticker on box - only 1 staple
https://youtu.be/s0aAjexDNvk?t=174

12/10/15 - Unboxing video of the DVD, showing only 1 staple.
https://youtu.be/16qhJnroBFY?t=179

My theory

“The Good Morty” that came with the original DVD/Blu-ray came with a single staple. When bootleg copies were made to make them seem more legitimate copies of “The Good Morty” were included and these were stapled twice. It might be possible that legitimate 2nd run copies of the DVD/Blu-ray also included the comic and on these it was stapled twice, but I don’t think that is very likely. I’ve yet to find anything from before 2016 that shows a copy of “The Good Morty” with 2 staples. Any additional information that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated thanks for reading.

Thanks again,
Krazy
Post 91 IP   flag post
Have you ever had one of those anti-climatic moments in life?

Anyway here are the results of my RM#1 DVD opening.

Here's the original package:

Next we safely and very carefully slice it open:

And out pops a cool wooden spoon set.

Followed by three RM#1s:

I didn't think it was a good sign that the shrink wrap was cheap weak cellophane with "Made in Mexico" stamped on it.

There were no Good Morty mini's in any of the three DVDs. Careful inspection of the sets tell me they are original because of the very high quality. They have been opened before and re-shrink wrapped though I can't explain the "Made in Mexico" stamp.
Here are some other photos but I don't think I've added any good new info to the conversation:

Post 92 IP   flag post
Ok the post is missing some stuff so I'll just add it here for ease sake:

And here you can clearly see the cheap flimsy cellophane shrink wrap:

Post 93 IP   flag post
@Savage_Spawn better luck next time man! Note that you can get fake ones with the comic all day long on the bay
Post 94 IP   flag post
@Krazyflipz good stuff, thank you for posting!

I find it interesting that there is no evidence of a book coming out of a DVD purchase prior to last year. All the single staple books came out of the blue rays.

We've got a single staple Blu-ray book and a double stable one from this year shipped out to the pros at CBCS, so stay tuned for those results 👍🏻

PS scroll down the main forum page, there is a locked thread that has tons of good Morty evidence in it.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@Savage_Spawn better luck next time man! Note that you can get fake ones with the comic all day long on the bay

I might snag a couple just for the heck of it in my next order. Thanks.
Post 96 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Thanks for the appreciation man!

I didn't include this in my original post because you can't see the staples, but I found this video from 10/12/14 it does show the comic coming from a DVD case and confirm that the original DVD case were white, at least this person's was white.

10/12/14 - https://youtu.be/tkcqOlqenCc?t=168
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyflipz
@shrewbeer Thanks for the appreciation man!

I didn't include this in my original post because you can't see the staples, but I found this video from 10/12/14 it does show the comic coming from a DVD case and confirm that the original DVD case were white, at least this person's was white.

10/12/14 - https://youtu.be/tkcqOlqenCc?t=168

And there it is. The back top border of the DVD slipcovers we are pulling double-staple books out of is brown. Everything on the box store shelves now and this kid's, is tan. Also, if it were double stapled we should see a staple right here, although the quality is shiite.

Post 98 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer I also sent a message to that kid to see if he still has the DVD/comic and asked if he could send me pictures of it if he did.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector Ditch_Fahrenheit private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if this helps or has been posted before (I haven't read all the posts here), but I found this after a search.

Posted 9/7/15 - single staple tract, DVD release

https://imgur.com/a/07Amg#1onplT9

Also, there is a theory that the work is based on this tract.

The above is all from this 9/8/15 Reddit post...
https://www.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/3k18kj/the_good_morty/
Post 100 IP   flag post
@Ditch_Fahrenheit

Ya that helps, that's more evidence showing only a single staple before 2016. Good find!
Post 101 IP   flag post
@Ditch_Fahrenheit yep, that helps.

We continue to see evidence that single stapled books are legit, and have seen zero evidence that double-stapled ones are as well.

We may not be able to directly prove the doubles false, except by lack of any evidence they are real.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Great posts! Keep it up! S_S I think you have modern post 2016 dvd sets, white, no comic inside. The guy on ebay is a search engine string baiter saying "comic inside" tho if so
Post 103 IP   flag post
Just realized RI comicon is in only 2.5 weeks.

I can put all three variants with their respective cases/slipcovers in front of Roiland and see if he has an opinion as well. If any are fake I'll ask him to sign and write fake on it before handing it to CBCS lol
Post 104 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I think we are all missing the elephant in the room. I hate to break it everyone, but while worrying about how many staples, shades of red, DVD cases, slipcovers, shrinkwraps and so on, it looks to me like all of the Good Morty's are fake. Just look, none of the ones I've seen anywhere have the "J.T.C." in the right lower corner of the front cover! OMG!!!

Post 105 IP   flag post
597867 571 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.