Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Good Morty Thead Redux- PLEASE Be Civil4650

Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Well, the mods decided to lock the Good Morty thread,a decision which I respect.

I believe the lock was put on that thread due to imflammatory posts and the sheer volume of unsubstantiated speculation that many posters have contributed towards. I will readily concede to falling into the latter category.

As of right now, no irrefuttable proof exists, indicating that counterfiet versions of the Good Morty mini-comic have been made.

I think we should cease discussing this issue of counterfiet or bootlegged , or possible "2nd printings" of Good Morty to exist, virtually altogether....intil conclusive proof is put forth.

As of now, there is no way to issue any conclusive/irrefutable proof, in any possible scenario, whatsoever.

We do not even know the print run of the Good Morty tract (mini-comic).

All we have is guess work, which I am citing via the following qoutes from the locked Good Morty, below.

If the print run figure of this Good Morty track is around Kaotain Myke's guess, it is still pretty short printed.

And solid 9.6/9.8 copies would ostensibly be less common than Rick & Morty #1, due to packaging of the Good Morty tract (mini-comic).

The Good Morty book was just loosely placed inside of DVD/BluRay boxes, free to jostle around and incur edge and surface wear, which largely translates into grade limiting defects.

Dry cleaning can remove some surface color tranfer induced via the Good Morty book rubbing up against the other material in the box, but dry cleaning will do eff all to counter abrasions whuch have resulted in ink loss to the front & rear cover of the Good Morty book.

Likewise, pressing these books will not yield optimal results.

Think of Ultimate Fallout #4,X-Force #1 and so on i.e. polybagged comics with comparable paper stock (by comparable, I mean not cardstock paper used for the covers).

Kaptainmyke posted:

"
There are probably 50k copies of dvds/blurays on first printings. It's not far fetched there are over 10k of the mini comics printed.2 hours ago Post 475 •
"

IntoAnother indirectly replied to this post of Kapain Myke's, with:

"
Side note, is it possible to find out the initial run numbers?

I’m not sure if the DVD/Blu Ray world track those numbers, or make them public anyway but it would be awesome to know.2 hours ago Post 489
"

IntoAnother replied to Kaptain Myke with,

"
Side note, is it possible to find out the initial run numbers?

I’m not sure if the DVD/Blu Ray world track those numbers, or make them public anyway but it would be awesome to know. 2 hours ago Post 489 •
"

That said, even this post of mine is speculative.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
The original thread has lots of great information, and good discussion both revealing evidence and dispelling bad information and rumors.

I dont see why it should be locked, maybe the mods could let us know, or clean it out so that it can be unlocked.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
#snowflake

That does not help. Sorry.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
The original thread has lots of great information, and good discussion both revealing evidence and dispelling bad information and rumors.

I dont see why it should be locked, maybe the mods could let us know, or clean it out so that it can be unlocked.

The original post should remain locked, with no other scrubbing of posts, IMO.

I see little to no dispelling of rumors in the original thread.

Quite the contrary, is what I see.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Likewise, pressing these books will not yield optimal results.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
#snowflake

Agreed.

Comments like " # snowflake" will only get this thread locked.

Justifiably so, because these sorts of comments are clearly posted to not be in line with CBCS Forum User Guidelines.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd prefer the other thread get unlocked.
Post 7 IP   flag post
and who changed my forum title from POOF! to R&M S&M. That's got to effect TATs, right?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
#snowflake

Fair enough, but it’s frustrating to see threads locked for the same reasons ad nauseum.
Post 9 IP   flag post
KM, your pre and post pressing, actually proves my point.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
KM, your pre and post pressing, actually proves my point.

I'd have to say I agree, actually. There's minor improvement. Fixed the curling, but the edgewear cannot be fixed or removed. It's a tough book to grade, actually. I suspect IF mine is real, it would be a 9.4.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of this thread, given the existence of the previous one.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of this thread, given the existence of the previous one.

Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Or this thread could exist for another reason.

Or maybe it exists for multiple reasons.

One possibility could because the first thread went off the rails.

Maybe because discussing comic market trends and the like,without proposing unsubstantiated rumors or ungrounded theories, as facts.... is a good thing.

Or maybe, this thread can be useful in studying interpersonal dynamics...and how each and every one of us, relates to the universe, as a grain of sand.

Or:

Much like Jesus Quintana and Liam O'Brien , I believe we should all thoroughly polish our balls to help us collectively unlock the maximum bowling (or forum posting) potential, that all of us have within us.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
#snowflake

Fair enough, but it’s frustrating to see threads locked for the same reasons ad nauseum.

Agreed, but yeah...I do think the first thread was rapidly going downhill and progressively making less sense.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
#snowflake

My response to that would be for the usual suspects to stop making the same old aggressive, and passive/aggressive, comments that everyone knows are digs at others, including, but not limited to, "hashtag" comments. No one is fooled by these comments.

Locking threads isn't the answer, but that's not how the moderators see it, so instead of taking shots at people, just be an adult.

It's not that difficult to be civil.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
So the question is, and what I’m still curious about, has anybody found info on “prints”. The signed ones are the OGs but did they come out alongside the first batch?? And considering they weren’t in ALL DvDs whats the print run looking like!?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
#snowflake

I agree. Hats off to the mods as it looks like they have had their hands full. Sure has made the forum an interesting place to stop by and read stuff within.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@CopperAgeKids, if you have any new information on the issue, feel free to share. If not, starting another thread makes little sense. But you've cleared that up with your post, obviously.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
@CopperAgeKids, if you have any new information on the issue, feel free to share. If not, starting another thread makes little sense. But you've cleared that up with your post, obviously.

As new information becomes available I wouldn't see why a new thread would be an issue. Though I'm not sure if anyone will ever truly get to the bottom of this. It'll be interesting to see how the grading companies handle those books.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs

As new information becomes available I wouldn't see why a new thread would be an issue. Though I'm not sure if anyone will ever truly get to the bottom of this. It'll be interesting to see how the grading companies handle those books.

Agree 100%.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs

Most of my last post was intended as a joke....just sayin'.

I guess you're not a Big Lebowski fan.That's fine.

The rest of my postings in this thread raised *relatively* valid points.

Until Roland, and his crew, make a public statement,which will not be anytime soon, I would have to think .....and intil we start seeing how CGC and CBCS label these books, there is no further way to garner factual information regarding Good Morty.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I'll have something in the next few days.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
So the question is, and what I’m still curious about, has anybody found info on “prints”. The signed ones are the OGs but did they come out alongside the first batch?? And considering they weren’t in ALL DvDs whats the print run looking like!?

Quote:
Quote:

You mean you will have the graded copy of your Good Morty , back from CGC in a few days?
Post 23 IP   flag post
I have another real one coming in the mail and some supposed fakes ones as well for deep analysis and comparison. I have an idea.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
So similar to Good Morty - why is Hulk 271 listed as first rocket racoon and Marvel Previews 7 is also first appearance (6yrs? earlier!)
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Waddly private msg quote post Address this user
Just received Blu-Ray of Season 1 off eBay with Good Morty Inside. See hi-res pics. These are from source listed on earlier forum where they are selling for $11.50 each.

Post 26 IP   flag post
So that one has no feet but text under Beth, and lighter shade of hues on back of box. Very confusing.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Waddly private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to further obfuscate the situation. I could take further detailed pics if needed.
Post 28 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
If one of you guys have what you believe to be a real and counterfeit copy, you can send them to the office to my attention and I can do an analysis of them and give you a detailed report on the differences. I worked in the printing industry for almost 30 years. I have an eye for that stuff.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for chiming in on this Steve. Have any of these been graded yet? Seems like the conversation over these has been all over the place.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601273 571 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.