Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 10/11/20174566

Collector canadianspiderman private msg quote post Address this user
Who knows man. Mine say "labels", last Friday I was talking to a fellow who said mine were being heat sealed/encapsulated/QC that day and may actually be shipped that evening, and if not Monday at the latest. Called today and was told they're in the 'production' line and they're currently about 4 weeks behind schedule and said he couldn't tell me where my books were. I understand the issues they've had and I'm an extremely patient person, but ..... c'mon CBCS - figure it out.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector Artu private msg quote post Address this user
God created the world in 7 days, then he entered the "Labels" phase.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
I just spoke to John in customer service. What a nice guy. He is sick and still working to help us. All 26 books other than two I'm having pressed are finally in grading. I may have them back before Christmas!! Thanks again John for your help.

We gotta try to give these guys a break. A lot has happened this year and they are really trying to catch up. I would rather have my books done right and not just fast.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleljll
I just spoke to John in customer service. What a nice guy. He is sick and still working to help us. All 26 books other than two I'm having pressed are finally in grading. I may have them back before Christmas!! Thanks again John for your help.

We gotta try to give these guys a break. A lot has happened this year and they are really trying to catch up. I would rather have my books done right and not just fast.

If they just entered grading, I highly doubt you will get them before Christmas
Post 154 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHaulics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleljll

If they just entered grading, I highly doubt you will get them before Christmas

I'm just trying to stay positive. This time of year is stressful enough as it is.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
@Kaleljll Understood , regardless of what I think, I truly do hope you get them in time for Christmas!
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector Artu private msg quote post Address this user
Update for you all, my 10 modern comics have finally been shipped. These were received on the 21/07 so hopefully you guys can estimate the TAT for yours. Best of luck to you all, it feels like this experience has made us bond like soldiers going to war (/over-dramatization mode off).
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Update, my expanded submission (1 book) and 1 reholder, dropped off at a con on 7/28, finally notified today for shipping. That's 3 months and 3 weeks. So they are at least 3 weeks behind on expanded.

Someone at CBCS really should update the homepage so that the TAT listed as "9/27/17 Update" is something from November -- not nearly 2 months ago!
Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane
Update, my expanded submission (1 book) and 1 reholder, dropped off at a con on 7/28, finally notified today for shipping. That's 3 months and 3 weeks. So they are at least 3 weeks behind on expanded.

Someone at CBCS really should update the homepage so that the TAT listed as "9/27/17 Update" is something from November -- not nearly 2 months ago!

I feel like they've given up on updating for the rest of this year lol
Post 159 IP   flag post
I would assume it's all hands on deck to catch up on the backlog.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector canadianspiderman private msg quote post Address this user
QC. Anyone have any insight to how long before things ship once in that stage?
Post 161 IP   flag post
Collector pouet private msg quote post Address this user
Dropped 5 books at the Montreal comiccon on 07/07

Got an email saying they entered the grading room 11/02

Email they are graded 11/22

Waiting for the email saying they got shipped
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
*Update*

Talked to Chris in Customer Service; nice guy. He told me the whole company is slammed, from receiving to shipping; so to work down the backlog "The Man" has authorized unlimited overtime. I can only assume the production staff is full of happy elves merrily grading away, while the person in accounting who does payroll is becoming more Gollum-like each payday. "We hates the overtime Precious! We hates it!"

But I digress.

I was told my books, submitted 8/10/17, are somewhere between grading and labeling. He told me the best he could do at the moment was, "sometime before Christmas...maybe." I was instructed to call back the week after Thanksgiving for a better guesstimate. I'm hoping they pull through for me, some of the books in this order were intended to be Christmas presents. However, like all things, its a learning experience with a simple lesson: Anything I'm considering giving out as a Christmas gift, send it to get graded in January, just to be sure it'll be ready on time. ;-)
Post 163 IP   flag post
600777 163 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?