Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
24hrs without a suspension on the forum!
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Is anyone asking why someone would resort to this behavior? Nope. It's easier to ignore!

Why anyone resorts to this type of behavior baffles me. It quite frankly is unacceptable, at least to me. Do people think because this is a message board about comic books, it is OK to act like that? In any other setting, it would not be tolerated and it should not be here either.
Post 202 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 203 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Make that

ZERO DAYS!
Post 204 IP   flag post

Post 205 IP   flag post

I added a badge.
Post 206 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Now, there's half a community here that would rather run different opinions off of the boards as opposed to having that convo of what can be improved and why. I've seen some terrible interactions from this company on social media as well. No customer should ever feel like something is their fault, even if it is!
I can only speak for myself, but I have no intention or inclination of "running off" opinions different from myself from these boards. What I will do and have done is to point out when posters are not being reasonable or acting inappropriately on the boards.

As I've said before, there are ways to get your message out there and across to others without being a complete ###.

If someone wants to make a post stating that they think the mods were too harsh on (fill in the blank) and give reasonable thought out arguments for their case, without resorting to personal attacks, that would be OK by me. And it may actually be a way to start a positive dialog.

But when someone makes a thread with a provocative title and has as the OP a meme of Trump holding a sign saying "Free (fill in the blank)" and nothing else, that does nothing but cause ill will with CBCS and the mods. It's certainly not helpful in any way.

See the difference?

LOL and in this instance of a thread being created, who was hurt? Was it just hurt feelings? Whose feelings were hurt? Both parties?

Is anyone asking why someone would resort to this behavior? Nope. It's easier to ignore!

So we can ban people who don't agree, which is real easy, or we can have a discussion which is work!

Apparently we're taking the easy route, when we should be taking a more difficult road.

See the difference?

One way is helpful, the other way is not.

Oh please. You used your authority as a moderator on another forum to ban two people that you didn't like (which was then undone by the forum admin), solely because you didn't like them, within 24 hours of both of them signing up for that forum.

In other words, the minute you got the authority to do what you wanted, you immediately did that which you are arguing against here.

If you're going to claim the moral high ground on any issue, you have to actually be occupying that ground in the first place. You can't argue one thing one place, and do the opposite at another. You have to be consistent, or the most eloquent arguments will fall on deaf ears.

So what's worse: your mind being blown at the people who are "allowed" to post, or silencing people because they say things you don't like?

Does it occur to you that the moderators here might see things differently than you do...?
Post 207 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Hey! How dare you steal my dumb joke and make it better!

OUTRAGE!

(it's a joke. I'm kidding.)
Post 208 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

Why anyone resorts to this type of behavior baffles me. It quite frankly is unacceptable, at least to me. Do people think because this is a message board about comic books, it is OK to act like that? In any other setting, it would not be tolerated and it should not be here either.

I'm not saying that it is 'acceptable' but it is a product of their overall experience. There is no discussion of why that experience has been terrible or how, moving forward, to improve the experience.

Just coming from a pure service standpoint here, with 15 years in service and people management, you can't just fire a disgruntled employee. What if there are factors involved that you are unaware of. You need to at least have a conversation to figure out why this employee is disgruntled.

Not trying to change the world here, but there is a sort of catharsis involved when talking to like minded individuals about issues that they can understand. I can talk to my wife about comic book grading companies all day, but she's not going to understand the way that others here might. I guess that's why I'm even contributing at all at this point.
Post 209 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user

Post 210 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Now, there's half a community here that would rather run different opinions off of the boards as opposed to having that convo of what can be improved and why. I've seen some terrible interactions from this company on social media as well. No customer should ever feel like something is their fault, even if it is!
I can only speak for myself, but I have no intention or inclination of "running off" opinions different from myself from these boards. What I will do and have done is to point out when posters are not being reasonable or acting inappropriately on the boards.

As I've said before, there are ways to get your message out there and across to others without being a complete ###.

If someone wants to make a post stating that they think the mods were too harsh on (fill in the blank) and give reasonable thought out arguments for their case, without resorting to personal attacks, that would be OK by me. And it may actually be a way to start a positive dialog.

But when someone makes a thread with a provocative title and has as the OP a meme of Trump holding a sign saying "Free (fill in the blank)" and nothing else, that does nothing but cause ill will with CBCS and the mods. It's certainly not helpful in any way.

See the difference?

LOL and in this instance of a thread being created, who was hurt? Was it just hurt feelings? Whose feelings were hurt? Both parties?

So we can ban people who don't agree, which is real easy, or we can have a discussion which is work!

Apparently we're taking the easy route, when we should be taking a more difficult road.

See the difference?

One way is helpful, the other way is not.

Oh please. You used your authority as a moderator on another forum to ban two people that you didn't like (which was then undone by the forum admin), solely because you didn't like them, within 24 hours of both of them signing up for that forum.

In other words, the minute you got the authority to do what you wanted, you immediately did that which you are arguing against here.

If you're going to claim the moral high ground on any issue, you have to actually be occupying that ground in the first place. You can't argue one thing one place, and do the opposite at another. You have to be consistent, or the most eloquent arguments will fall on deaf ears.

So what's worse: your mind being blown at the people who are "allowed" to post, or silencing people because they say things you don't like?

Does it occur to you that the moderators here might see things differently than you do...?

Your reputation as a troll preceded you even before this forum. You came to that forum to troll, and were removed just as you have been on other forums previously. Using yourself as an example is terrible, we all know your M.O.
Post 211 IP   flag post
This board is far better in the last two months than it was for the previous year.

There was far too much internecine commentary going on, the politics of personal destruction simply for having different opinions on full display.

If you don't like someone, the answer is always the same: don't interact with them. If you don't like the way someone expresses themselves, you don't take shots at them...you don't interact with them.

If that means people have self-moderated and gone elsewhere, great. Problem solved.
Post 212 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

I'm not saying that it is 'acceptable' but it is a product of their overall experience. There is no discussion of why that experience has been terrible or how, moving forward, to improve the experience.

Just coming from a pure service standpoint here, with 15 years in service and people management, you can't just fire a disgruntled employee. What if there are factors involved that you are unaware of. You need to at least have a conversation to figure out why this employee is disgruntled.

Not trying to change the world here, but there is a sort of catharsis involved when talking to like minded individuals about issues that they can understand. I can talk to my wife about comic book grading companies all day, but she's not going to understand the way that others here might. I guess that's why I'm even contributing at all at this point.

Your reputation as a troll preceded you even before this forum. You came to that forum to troll, and were removed just as you have been on other forums previously. Using yourself as an example is terrible, we all know your M.O.

Quotes fixed.

So, the question "Does it occur to you that the moderators here might see things differently than you do...?" is a firm "no."

Ignore the substance, make false accusations, and invoke the fallacy of popular appeal to do so.

Is the point not proven?

Though this point will be ignored, I'll repeat it: your "ban" was immediately lifted by the forum admin.

You're not looking for discussion. You're looking for agreement, and destroying those who don't.
Post 213 IP   flag post
Quote:

Quotes fixed.

So, the question "Does it occur to you that the moderators here might see things differently than you do...?" is a firm "no."

Ignore the substance, make false accusations, and invoke the fallacy of popular appeal to do so.

Is the point not proven?

Though this point will be ignored, I'll repeat it: your "ban" was immediately lifted by the forum admin.

You're not looking for discussion. You're looking for agreement, and destroying those who don't.

Doc.. this is the message people constantly try to get across to you. I'm glad you can explain it, now put it into effect!
Post 214 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:

Quotes fixed.

Is the point not proven?

Doc.. this is the message people constantly try to get across to you. I'm glad you can explain it, now put it into effect!

"I know you are, but what am I?" is not a valid argument.
Post 215 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:

Quotes fixed.

Is the point not proven?

"I know you are, but what am I?" is not a valid argument.

I would never argue with DocBrown. That builds pyramids.
Post 216 IP   flag post
The boards atmosphere may have changed but so did the customer outlook on the company and the companies reputation and it wasn't for the better
Post 217 IP   flag post
Why don't you slow down and take your time to post, mef, instead of being in such a rush to get a clever response that you can't even format your posts properly...?
Post 218 IP   flag post
Quote:
Why don't you slow down and take your time to post, mef, instead of being in such a rush to get a clever response that you can't even format your posts properly...?

While they may be clever (up for discussion), the worst part is they're true.
Post 219 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRig - have you ever contributed to this forum other than to try and sell your very expensive books? From my what I have seen, no. So your really harsh opinions (I have mine too)...what do they mean to folks who actually talk about comics on here? Rhetorical question.
Post 220 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:

While they may be clever (up for discussion), the worst part is they're true.

That is your opinion. The opinions of others disagree.

Once more: the idea that you think open discussion is important is completely undermined by the fact that the minute you got the authority to do so, you banned two people within 24 hours of them signing up...which ban was UNDONE by the forum admin, who then subsequently REMOVED you from your position as a moderator...and justified it to yourself as "oh, those guys are just trolls...THEIR opinions don't matter at all."

In this case, a "troll" is "anyone with whom mef disagrees." I have little doubt you think the moderators of this forum are "trolls", for the very same reason.

Discussion is a two-way street, not mef saying "You shut up and listen while I tell you everything that's wrong about you!"
Post 221 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Please please don't stop.

This is better than anything on TV.

Homeland is glorifying Islamic terrorists. The Walking Dead sucks (and not like Vampirella sucks). Everyone on Big Bang Theory is getting laid whenever they want, and they are old. And the news is EXACTLY the same every day all the time.

So, until Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is on. Y'all are my entertainment.

I guess I could,.... er, gulp, ah,.... read some of these comic books lying here.

Naw. Not until they come with a remote to turn the pages for me.
Post 222 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
The boards atmosphere may have changed but so did the customer outlook on the company and the companies reputation and it wasn't for the better

I support CBCS more now than I did a couple of months ago. I think what they've done are substantial steps in the right direction, both here and in the whole. And, I think that, as someone who regularly interacts with the graded comics community at multiple conventions and elsewhere throughout the year, that the opinion of CBCS HAS improved.

I had issues with how the boards were run.

You know what I didn't do?

Endlessly complain about it on their boards.

You know what I DID do?

Talk to the appropriate parties about it, in the appropriate ways.

There are ways to handle these things, and there are ways not to.
Post 223 IP   flag post
Quote:
you banned two people within 24 hours of them signing up...which ban was UNDONE by the forum admin, who then subsequently REMOVED you from your position as a moderator...

Actually, I am still a moderator. I think you misunderstood that entire situation, but I will allow you use it in any way you see fit.

And I have expressed my feelings about having discussions with you particularly. I do not want to have them.

Thanks!
Post 224 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I see Crazy thread "version" 4 in the very near future.
Post 225 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I support CBCS more now than I did a couple of months ago.

Have you ever actually submitted books to CBCS for grading? Last I knew you sub exclusively CGC slabs with very rare exception.

Just curious, as to your use of the term “support”.
Post 226 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
@BigRig - have you ever contributed to this forum other than to try and sell your very expensive books? From my what I have seen, no. So your really harsh opinions (I have mine too)...what do they mean to folks who actually talk about comics on here? Rhetorical question.

Yeah I use to contribute a lot more but not anymore... Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig

I support CBCS more now than I did a couple of months ago. I think what they've done are substantial steps in the right direction, both here and in the whole. And, I think that, as someone who regularly interacts with the graded comics community at multiple conventions and elsewhere throughout the year, that the opinion of CBCS HAS improved.

I had issues with how the boards were run.

You know what I didn't do?

Endlessly complain about it on their boards.

You know what I DID do?

Talk to the appropriate parties about it, in the appropriate ways.

There are ways to handle these things, and there are ways not to.

Hey that's great you keep supporting them. I just can't anymore and I'm not the only one that feels this way. All I did was state some facts and corrected someone's misbeliefs about mods. But hell what do I know right?
Post 227 IP   flag post

Post 228 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson your buddy shitfin just got the permaban

I had to screenshot some of his latest stuff, it was just too crazy not to save 🤣
Post 229 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@DrWatson your buddy shitfin just got the permaban

I had to screenshot some of his latest stuff, it was just too crazy not to save 🤣

I saved his last one that was just funny
Post 230 IP   flag post
600893 255 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.