Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Damn, that didn't take long.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user

Post 177 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Nevermind it doesn't matter.
Post 178 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Anything posted could disrupt the forum. I'm not even sure how you disrupt the forum with a post. It's a persons decision to click on it or not imo.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Uggggh

Atakmunky7 got suspended yesterday voicing his complaints on the unlawful suspension of DarthLego. Again. There's about 10 of us here who are very strongly opposed to that move. Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseO
Atakmunky7 - one week - for publicly questioning the decisions of the moderators and having an avatar to that effect. Also, the thread created was meant to be disruptive to the forum.

Be careful. This thread creation could be considered created and meant to be disruptive to the forum. No?

@kaptainmyke I saw and read the thread yesterday before it was locked and then (I guess) deleted. I was actually trying to post in it when it got locked and couldn't, so I'll do so now that you've posted about this.

Enough IS enough. Let it go. You all have made your opinions abundantly clear. Time to move on. At this point, it's between DarthLego and the mods/CBCS. If they can patch things up, I'm more than happy to see him come back. If not, so be it.

If you (and others) are so unhappy with how things are working on these forums, then go elsewhere. Life is really too short to be unhappy. Go post some place where you will enjoy yourself. Unless you are one of those people that are happy when you're unhappy.

Lastly, "unlawful". Really?!? If you want to convince me or the mods, or anyone else of your case (I guess really Darth's case) then start by not making these ridiculous statements. Make a rational case, without any personal attacks. Be reasonable. And maybe start with admitting that DarthLego has fault in what happened.
Post 180 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Nevermind.
Post 181 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
If you (and others) are so unhappy with how things are working on these forums, then go elsewhere.

You think this is the only spot on the Internet for us to communicate with one another? Please.
Post 182 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user

Post 183 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Uggggh

Atakmunky7 got suspended yesterday voicing his complaints on the unlawful suspension of DarthLego. Again. There's about 10 of us here who are very strongly opposed to that move. Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseO
Atakmunky7 - one week - for publicly questioning the decisions of the moderators and having an avatar to that effect. Also, the thread created was meant to be disruptive to the forum.

Be careful. This thread creation could be considered created and meant to be disruptive to the forum. No?

@kaptainmyke I saw and read the thread yesterday before it was locked and then (I guess) deleted. I was actually trying to post in it when it got locked and couldn't, so I'll do so now that you've posted about this.

Enough IS enough. Let it go. You all have made your opinions abundantly clear. Time to move on. At this point, it's between DarthLego and the mods/CBCS. If they can patch things up, I'm more than happy to see him come back. If not, so be it.

If you (and others) are so unhappy with how things are working on these forums, then go elsewhere. Life is really too short to be unhappy. Go post some place where you will enjoy yourself. Unless you are one of those people that are happy when you're unhappy.

Lastly, "unlawful". Really?!? If you want to convince me or the mods, or anyone else of your case (I guess really Darth's case) then start by not making these ridiculous statements. Make a rational case, without any personal attacks. Be reasonable. And maybe start with admitting that DarthLego has fault in what happened.

This.
Post 184 IP   flag post
Quote:
Well they never will because they childishly won't reply or respond to Darth's messages or emails.

Then, so be it.

Quote:
It was unlawful. If you break your own forum rules, then it is unlawful. It isn't ridiculous IF you knew what ACTUALLY happened. Steve Ricketts went on a temper tantrum during the hurricane when DarthLego made a comment in a PRIVATE MESSAGE to another moderator. He didn't like it and threw a fit because he couldn't handle the truth when Darth called him out on not being able to ironically deal with people on a socially acceptable level. That's the bottom line. Not because of behavior ON the forum, but OFFLINE in private messages on the forum.

Again, I don't see anything "unlawful". They didn't break any laws. If you or DarthLego REALLY thought so, you could do something about it in court. But you actually don't. If you must persist, use a different adjective that could at least be plausible, like "improper".

And again, if you want to get me on your side, make a rational and reasonable argument. And NOT use personal attacks on anyone, especially CBCS employees. Or admit that DarthLego had any culpability in the suspension. If you really think that it's ALL on CBCS, we don't have anything more to talk about.
Post 185 IP   flag post
This is private property. The owners of this property can do whatever they wish with their property, including what some might consider breaking their own rules.

Since it is the private property of a for-profit company, they're going to want to maintain some semblance of fairness and propriety, but ultimately, they can do what they want.

Frankly, it's a hell of a lot better than some "forums" that exist that actively edit people's posts to remove and/or change things which the forum administrators don't approve. If your words are not your own, and are subject to change by others, then the very basis for a civil society doesn't exist.
Post 186 IP   flag post
Quote:
If you or DarthLego REALLY thought so, you could do something about it in court.

I do not think court is warranted for a discussion forum owned by a private company. Let's not insult each others intelligence.

I'm the first to admit - No one is innocent in that incident. We (the group in question) obviously started the whole mess, with memes and other avatars using trolling tactics popularized on message boards across the entire Internets as far as the byte could see. However we were all suspended, had to deal with it, learn from it, and move on. Well, Darth didn't get the chance. Some would say I make a bigger deal about it than Darth himself. Possibly. Oh well, life goes on. We all move on. I'm over it. Which is why I edited my above comments. Shrugs.
Post 187 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Thanks. Very reasonable. And for the record, I hope that DarthLego and the mods/CBCS can patch things up eventually and become a member of this forum again. I have nothing personal against him.
Post 188 IP   flag post
Same. Or anyone else.
Post 189 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
I prefer to spectate here now based on the mod actions and conversations that I have seen. I mean the other people who are allowed to continuously post here blows my mind as well, but it's mainly those mod experiences.

Get BANT for having an opinion

#neverforget Lucille cracking skulls.
Post 190 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You do know that everything that happens here isn't simply a moderator decision, right? The moderators have to follow instructions given to them from CBCS employees farther up the heiracal ladder.
Post 191 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
You do know that everything that happens here isn't simply a moderator decision, right? The moderators have to follow instructions given to them from CBCS employees farther up the heiracal ladder.

Yep. I don't agree with those decisions either! That's why I don't use this company anymore and try to stay away from contributing at all.
Post 192 IP   flag post
Then why even post?
Post 193 IP   flag post
Quote:
Then why even post?

Mainly due to the sadness I feel.

I was a CBCS fan at the start, I wanted to contribute, I wanted to use these guys due to the quality.

Now, there's half a community here that would rather run different opinions off of the boards as opposed to having that convo of what can be improved and why. I've seen some terrible interactions from this company on social media as well. No customer should ever feel like something is their fault, even if it is!

So asking me why I'm even posting validates my point. My contribution isn't wanted because it's contrary to yours. Same reason why @kaptainmyke is being told 'let it go'.

Just to be clear, this isn't just about moderation, but that is the form it has taken in this thread.
Post 194 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:
Then why even post?
So asking me why I'm even posting validates my point. My contribution isn't wanted because it's contrary to yours.

That's not even remotely what I said nor implied.
Post 195 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:
Then why even post?
So asking me why I'm even posting validates my point. My contribution isn't wanted because it's contrary to yours.

That's not even remotely what I said nor implied.

So I mention that I usually don't contribute. I say my piece. Then you ask why I even bother sharing my opinion...on a forum.. built for opinions.

Not sure how I'm supposed to take that.
Post 196 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Now, there's half a community here that would rather run different opinions off of the boards as opposed to having that convo of what can be improved and why. I've seen some terrible interactions from this company on social media as well. No customer should ever feel like something is their fault, even if it is!
I can only speak for myself, but I have no intention or inclination of "running off" opinions different from myself from these boards. What I will do and have done is to point out when posters are not being reasonable or acting inappropriately on the boards.

As I've said before, there are ways to get your message out there and across to others without being a complete ###.

If someone wants to make a post stating that they think the mods were too harsh on (fill in the blank) and give reasonable thought out arguments for their case, without resorting to personal attacks, that would be OK by me. And it may actually be a way to start a positive dialog.

But when someone makes a thread with a provocative title and has as the OP a meme of Trump holding a sign saying "Free (fill in the blank)" and nothing else, that does nothing but cause ill will with CBCS and the mods. It's certainly not helpful in any way.

See the difference?
Post 197 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
We "all" use to be fans of CBCS. I use to be a huge supporter. But am I anymore? No Not really. It's not just the suspensions handed out. Just think about all the things that have happened this year...
👉Heat seals
👉Sketchy self AW program
👉Poor TAT
👉Poor customer service now
👉VSP art labels
👉Slabs easily opened with a gerber shard tool without any noticeable tampering
👉The only presser going to cons increasing TAT but taking new submissions
👉Running out of labels
👉Using hurricanes as an excuse for poor TAT but yet still went to rose city con to take submissions while CGC canceled
👉Blaming a Texas hurricane for poor inventory practices of plastics

The list can go on..

Quote:

So yeah ...

All in all this is what you get

Post 198 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
I can only speak for myself, but I have no intention or inclination of "running off" opinions different from myself from these boards. What I will do and have done is to point out when posters are not being reasonable or acting inappropriately on the boards.

As I've said before, there are ways to get your message out there and across to others without being a complete ###.

If someone wants to make a post stating that they think the mods were too harsh on (fill in the blank) and give reasonable thought out arguments for their case, without resorting to personal attacks, that would be OK by me. And it may actually be a way to start a positive dialog.

But when someone makes a thread with a provocative title and has as the OP a meme of Trump holding a sign saying "Free (fill in the blank)" and nothing else, that does nothing but cause ill will with CBCS and the mods. It's certainly not helpful in any way.

See the difference?

LOL and in this instance of a thread being created, who was hurt? Was it just hurt feelings? Whose feelings were hurt? Both parties?

Is anyone asking why someone would resort to this behavior? Nope. It's easier to ignore!

So we can ban people who don't agree, which is real easy, or we can have a discussion which is work!

Apparently we're taking the easy route, when we should be taking a more difficult road.

See the difference?

One way is helpful, the other way is not.
Post 199 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
See the difference?

The difference is clear. You can't see it.
Post 200 IP   flag post
24hrs without a suspension on the forum!
Post 201 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Is anyone asking why someone would resort to this behavior? Nope. It's easier to ignore!

Why anyone resorts to this type of behavior baffles me. It quite frankly is unacceptable, at least to me. Do people think because this is a message board about comic books, it is OK to act like that? In any other setting, it would not be tolerated and it should not be here either.
Post 202 IP   flag post

Post 203 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Make that

ZERO DAYS!
Post 204 IP   flag post

Post 205 IP   flag post
601280 255 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.