Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@DocBrown It appears that 2 people felt that my post was praiseworthy, held some sort of value, and had worth. Apparently, your mileage varied. OK, and thanks for expressing your opinion.

Or, it appears that 2 (make that 3) people had an axe to grind, and continued to use the "like" system as the wheel on which to grind it.

Which is it...? Which is the more likely scenario...?

What do patterns tell us...?

Far more importantly, do you consider what I had to say, or just discard it as irrelevant and meaningless...?
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
I forgot to put this in my last post.

Those that have attempted to imply that I somehow caused the stoppage of the thread in question have alluded to as their proof that mine was the last post and then the thread ended. That indicates I have a special power over the mods and can dictate what they do. I find that comical.

You could've asked him that question via private message, just sayin'.

I guess, that certain poster you like to act like a gnat around isn't on-line here or the other places you like to bother them. Oh, well.

No idea what you're talking about brah. Doesn't really change the point that your question about his avatar started the whole thing. I have a hard time believing you didn't know what the affect would be on that thread, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@Logan510 Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Those that have attempted to imply that I somehow caused the stoppage of the thread in question have alluded to as their proof that mine was the last post and then the thread ended. That indicates I have a special power over the mods and can dictate what they do. I find that comical.

I guess, that certain poster you like to act like a gnat around isn't on-line here or the other places you like to bother them. Oh, well.

No idea what you're talking about brah.

Sure you do. He's talking about me. I know it, you know it, and most of the people posting here know it.

Why pretend...?
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Quote:

There are times when you could have done the same.

"because using the "like" system to "send a message" is inappropriate"

Post 80 IP   flag post

Quote:
@Logan510 Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt.

You've given me no reason to do otherwise. We've spoken privately before and I hope you know that I genuinely have no beef with you.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown

Or, it appears that 2 (make that 3) people had an axe to grind, and continued to use the "like" system as the wheel on which to grind it.

Far more importantly, do you consider what I had to say, or just discard it as irrelevant and meaningless...?

I'm sure the answers of those questions depend on who is asking them, how they process the views of others, and a plethora of other variables. More than likely those different variables would lead to different answers, none better or worse, none more correct or incorrect, than others. That's all I got there.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Quote:

There are times when you could have done the same.

"because using the "like" system to "send a message" is inappropriate"

So, you confess that the "like" system CAN be abused, then...?

If so, why do you do it...?

I don't think there's anyone on this board who has abused the like system, as often and aggressively, as you. If there's any comment that could possibly be considered, in even the slightest way, a negative comment about someone you don't like, you've banged the like button repeatedly.

You've said, elsewhere, that people needed to grow a "#thickerskin", and not complain about the like button being used to affirm negative comments.

If that's your position...you can't really complain about the "like" button being used "against" you, can you...?
Post 83 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure the answers of those questions depend on who is asking them, how they process the views of others, and a plethora of other variables. More than likely those different variables would lead to different answers, none better or worse, none more correct or incorrect, than others. That's all I got there.

If everything is relative, if there are no correct answers, just "different" answers, then life has no meaning, because I can justify everything I think, say, and do as good merely because I think, say, or do it.
Post 84 IP   flag post

Post 85 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Wrong thread. There is a thread about favorite quotes That would be more appropriate to post in.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No idea what you're talking about brah. Doesn't really change the point that your question about his avatar started the whole thing. I have a hard time believing you didn't know what the affect would be on that thread, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Well Doc knows, I know, and it appears that Towmater knows as well.

You are a troll.

Even if it was only towards Doc due to whatever obsession you have with him, but it’s not.

It’s juvenile and as annoying as can be. The fact that moderators continue to allow you to post your little grade school jabs looking to instigate things with fellow forum members baffling.

If the mods want to make threads better they should start by scrubbing your trolling posts and giving you a vacation. Not the ones that you clearly target.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If everything is relative, if there are no correct answers, just "different" answers, then life has no meaning, because I can justify everything I think, say, and do as good merely because I think, say, or do it.

If that is what you extrapolated from my answer- then that's what you came up with.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:

Nonsense.

Drchaos made a valid point, and so did YOU: EVERYONE would do a LOT better asking those sorts of questions via private message, including you AND me. It wasn't an attack on you.

"Well, not EVERY "like" was an attack on YOU, either, DB!"

Granted! Are there times when I interpreted a "like" as a personal slight when I shouldn't have...?

YOU BETCHA!

But you would be lying through your teeth if you claimed that the majority of your "likes" aren't aimed squarely at someone, for the express purpose of sticking it to them.

And posting more "cute memes" is just throwing fuel on the never-ending fire you endlessly stoke.
Post 89 IP   flag post

Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:

More "cute memes" to throw more fuel on the never-ending fire.

Or would you rather falsely accuse me of defrauding you again...?
Post 91 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Ha Ha

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" applies here in this thread.

Seems like those members of the forum that I don't care much for, many others don't care much for. Coincidence?

That thread was locked because of me, I think. Although an argument could be made that it was actually locked because of the "offended flagger person". And it could have been because of the political statement guised as veteran respect, and the subsequent asking of a "guiding and baiting" question could also have prompted my misdeed. Some people can dish it out, but can not take it when it goes back at them.

The "dig" at our President was noticed by me, and if I am willing to take a bullet for our President (ANY of our Presidents), then why on earth would I not be willing to defend one of them on a chat forum when they are maligned?

I take full responsibility for the thread lock. And I don't apologize for it. Know why? Because it didn't stop nothing. Anything worth talking about in that thread, could be talked about in a hundred threads. Anything not worth talking about in that thread, STILL is being talked about. And it DOES matter who pushes the button. Just like it matters who pulled the trigger in a crime.

You don't want me to get political? Then don't go there yourself. You don't want me to direct digs in your direction? Then don't dig in my direction. Like "bait" or "go ahead, get banned from another site". Some people here like to camouflage their digs and slights. I and some others here. Say what we mean and mean what we say.

Which do you prefer? The camouflaged and disguised digs, or the upfront and honest in your face wording?

Because I'm good with either. I just chose transparency as my default option.

I assume we are all adults here. I don't think the rules allow minors to post.

But I'm ready for a suspension, and won't have any animosity towards a moderator for doing so. So "Flag Away".

IBTL
Post 92 IP   flag post

Post 93 IP   flag post
@Logan510

Yes, we are aware that you are deflecting being called out as a troll by hiding out behind more memes.
Post 94 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak While I would like to think that we should all play nicely in the sandbox I have also found myself pushing threads towards their closure with no regrets for my posts.

When threads go bad, the people responsible usually know their hands are at least somewhat dirty. It seems that by the time you got involved the threads in question were already spiraling out of control. I would like to think that you and I did the right thing by putting these threads out of our collective misery.
Post 95 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
@Logan510

Yes, we are aware that you are deflecting being called out as a troll by hiding out behind more memes.

Post 96 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Logan510

Aren't you kind of trolling me now? I don't know you, or anything about you and frankly I'm fine with that.

I'm sorry I offended you?
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
@Logan510

Aren't you kind of trolling me now? I don't know you, or anything about you and frankly I'm fine with that.

I’m not trolling you in the least; an no you did not offend me.

I’m just speaking my mind as a grown adult on a open forum on the internet. I don’t need to “know” you. I see your continuous trolling posts and know what follows.

Enough is enough, just grow up already. I have to assume you ruin the boards for far more people than you think you are entertaining.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Logan510

I’m just speaking my mind as a grown adult on a open forum on the internet. I don’t need to “know” you. I see your continuous trolling posts and know what follows.

Enough is enough, just grow up already. I have to assume you ruin the boards for far more people than you think you are entertaining.

I dunno, kind of feels like trolling brah.

Can I go back to generally ignoring what you post now?
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think anyone knows what anyone else is arguing about.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
I don't think anyone knows what anyone else is arguing about.

Now that might be the truest statement said on these boards
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Logan510

You can cry “He’s trolling me! He’s trolling me!” all you want. I could care less.

I’ve made my point so do as you wish.

Hopefully the mods make note of it, because it really is forum members like you that ruin the boards for people.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Symbiote private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
And it DOES matter who pushes the button.

Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Logan510

You can cry “He’s trolling me! He’s trolling me!” all you want. I could care less.

I’ve made my point so do as you wish.

Hopefully the mods make note of it, because it really is forum members like you that ruin the boards for people.

Yawn
Post 104 IP   flag post

Post 105 IP   flag post
600859 255 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.