Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
I support CBCS more now than I did a couple of months ago.

Have you ever actually submitted books to CBCS for grading? Last I knew you sub exclusively CGC slabs with very rare exception.

Just curious, as to your use of the term “support”.
Post 226 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
@BigRig - have you ever contributed to this forum other than to try and sell your very expensive books? From my what I have seen, no. So your really harsh opinions (I have mine too)...what do they mean to folks who actually talk about comics on here? Rhetorical question.

Yeah I use to contribute a lot more but not anymore... Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
The boards atmosphere may have changed but so did the customer outlook on the company and the companies reputation and it wasn't for the better

I support CBCS more now than I did a couple of months ago. I think what they've done are substantial steps in the right direction, both here and in the whole. And, I think that, as someone who regularly interacts with the graded comics community at multiple conventions and elsewhere throughout the year, that the opinion of CBCS HAS improved.

I had issues with how the boards were run.

You know what I didn't do?

Endlessly complain about it on their boards.

You know what I DID do?

Talk to the appropriate parties about it, in the appropriate ways.

There are ways to handle these things, and there are ways not to.

Hey that's great you keep supporting them. I just can't anymore and I'm not the only one that feels this way. All I did was state some facts and corrected someone's misbeliefs about mods. But hell what do I know right?
Post 227 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 228 IP   flag post
@DrWatson your buddy shitfin just got the permaban

I had to screenshot some of his latest stuff, it was just too crazy not to save 🤣
Post 229 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer

I had to screenshot some of his latest stuff, it was just too crazy not to save 🤣

I saved his last one that was just funny
Post 230 IP   flag post

Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:
you banned two people within 24 hours of them signing up...which ban was UNDONE by the forum admin, who then subsequently REMOVED you from your position as a moderator...

Actually, I am still a moderator. I think you misunderstood that entire situation, but I will allow you use it in any way you see fit.

And I have expressed my feelings about having discussions with you particularly. I do not want to have them.

Thanks!

No misunderstanding involved. I don't think you understand that this statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mef
So we can ban people who don't agree, which is real easy, or we can have a discussion which is work!

...is completely contradicted by the fact that the minute you got the power to do so, you banned people. You did the exact thing you're complaining about others doing.

And your excuse is "oh, well, YOU don't count, because I don't LIKE you."

The disconnect isn't plain to you, is it?
Post 231 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Yeah I use to contribute a lot more but not anymore...

Nah, you never have, I have been here from the beginning; selling books at inflated prices has always been your purpose here.

You read any comics today?
Post 232 IP   flag post
Quote:

Hey that's great you keep supporting them. I just can't anymore and I'm not the only one that feels this way. All I did was state some facts and corrected someone's misbeliefs about mods. But hell what do I know right?

If you don't support CBCS anymore, then why post on their board?

That's like coming to my house and telling me, over and over again, "I don't like you, and neither do others."

That may be so. Your reasons may be valid. But at some point, my patience is going to run out, and I'm going to ask you to leave.
Post 233 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I post here, so I deem the board somewhat civil. If I'm not posting here, I'm either really busy or bored with the discussion to the point that I have nothing to say. Flame wars bore me. What I do like about posting here is that the cliques are few. Nothing is more tedious than to post a "new" opinion or perspective and have 20 people try to shut it down with memes or cloned responses that add nothing insightful or new. I also prefer information sharing rather than masturbatory high 5's among a group of buddies online. Yeah. I made that word up.
Post 234 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
@DocBrown You are more than welcome to continue putting me down, but I will again reiterate that I don't really care what your opinion of me is.
Post 235 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
This is crazy, tragic and entertaining. Wonder what counts the most!
Post 236 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Have you ever actually submitted books to CBCS for grading? Last I knew you sub exclusively CGC slabs with very rare exception.

You have what is known in the legal profession as "mala fides", and your questions are not sincere, but rather bait.

So, I think the readers will understand if I decline to engage you.
Post 237 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
@DocBrown You are more than welcome to continue putting me down, but I will again reiterate that I don't really care what your opinion of me is.

No one is putting you down, only exposing the truth. If you find the truth to be insulting, maybe you should reconsider your positions.
Post 238 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You have what is known in the legal profession as "mala fides", and your questions are not sincere, but rather bait.

So no, then. Ok.
Post 239 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So no, then. Ok.

Post 240 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

If I had your skills I would amend this to -1
Post 241 IP   flag post
@DocBrown slow down your messing up your pyramid

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So, I think the readers will understand if I decline to engage you.I decline to engage you.

So no, then. Ok.

Post 242 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Why am I not surprised by the series of pyramids forming in the crazy thread?
Post 243 IP   flag post
Quote:

Is that the one with Dum F..?
Post 244 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DocBrown slow down your messing up your pyramid

It has been fixed, thanks for the correction.

I hope I can be forgiven, since it was just a repeat answer to an insincere line of questioning.

Post 245 IP   flag post
@DocBrown I don't come here for the company. Is that solely why people come here to communicate? I like some of the members here,the information posted, and I also own cbcs slabs. Do I really have to legitimize my reason for being here now?
Post 246 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

Yupppp
Post 247 IP   flag post
@DocBrown thanks for the fix and yes you have been forgiven
Post 248 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

Yep.

And for those not in the know, in the interest of not pairing Watson’s rep with his, “buddy” is sarcasm.
Post 249 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DocBrown I don't come here for the company. Is that solely why people come here to communicate? I like some of the members here,the information posted, and I also own cbcs slabs. Do I really have to legitimize my reason for being here now?

Not at all, and no one said anything to the contrary.

Think it through logically: you understand that there's a difference between regularly pointing out that you don't like your host or what they do...and simply interacting with others at the party about non-host related issues?
Post 250 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I post here, so I deem the board somewhat civil. If I'm not posting here, I'm either really busy or bored with the discussion to the point that I have nothing to say. Flame wars bore me. What I do like about posting here is that the cliques are few. Nothing is more tedious than to post a "new" opinion or perspective and have 20 people try to shut it down with memes or cloned responses that add nothing insightful or new. I also prefer information sharing rather than masturbatory high 5's among a group of buddies online. Yeah. I made that word up.

Is that sarcasm or are you being serious?

Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Is that sarcasm or are you being serious?

I know this is disappointing, but I'm serious. Crap! The word is real isn't it! With my luck I've got some repressed memories and already knew the word existed.
Post 252 IP   flag post
Quote:

We are a dying breed, man. The most amazing stories in the world have happened and are still happening, in comic books. Yet 99% of people are completely unaware of it. I’d guess 50% of people on even this forum dont read anymore.

My local newsstand died last week as well. I was told, nonchalantly as if it was no big deal, when asking where all the DC books were moved to, “sorry we dont sell those here anymore”.

Blagh.
Post 253 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I use to contribute a lot more but not anymore...

Nah, you never have, I have been here from the beginning; selling books at inflated prices has always been your purpose here.

You can look back at past threads if you so choose. And no sorry been at work all day and have a family to take care can't just drink beers and read comics all day. Although I'm sure you would have a recommendation for a good read? And if you decide that your not interested in the books I post so be it. To each their own.

Quote:
Quote:

Not at all, and no one said anything to the contrary.

Think it through logically: you understand that there's a difference between regularly pointing out that you don't like your host or what they do...and simply interacting with others at the party about non-host related issues?

Of course even the simplest of people could distinguish the difference.
Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

You can look back at past threads if you so choose. And no sorry been at work all day and have a family to take care can't just drink beers and read comics all day. Although I'm sure you would have a recommendation for a good read? And if you decide that your not interested in the books I post so be it. To each their own.

Are you talking about your fantasy friends or are you insinuating all I do is drink beer and read comics all day? Willing to bet my work ethic dwarfs yours as does my IQ. I think you are stupid and I will leave it at that. Bring it via PM if want to continue this. No hard feelings on my end, snicker.
Post 255 IP   flag post
597920 255 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.