Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Bye CBCS! Never even got to submit a book!4285

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
So the seller offers the book for sale in good faith. You the buyer accept the price (or make an offer that is accepted) to buy the book. Seller carefully packs the book and pays for shipping including at least partial (if not full insurance from the post office).

For what ever reason the post office is negligent in handling the package and even though the seller shipped the book that was pictured in the listing in the condition pictured in the listing the book arrives with a small crack in the corner or edge of the case. The book itself and the inner well of the case are unharmed and exactly as they looked in the picture.

Due the the care the seller took to double box the item with plenty of bubble wrap the seller has a winnable case with the post office to cover the cost to repair (re-holder) the damaged case.

To win the case the seller needs at a minimum for the buyer to provide a telephone number. Without this information it is impossible for the seller to file a claim with the post office for any amount.

To win the case the seller also needs the buyer to hold onto the book and the packing materials in case they want to inspect these items. Usually pictures are enough but this is not always the case.

If I understand you correctly, you force a return with Ebay and do nothing to help the seller collect from the post office. Instead of making a profit on the sale the seller has to pay to ship the item to you, to have the item shipped back, and to re-holder the book while giving you a full refund.

The post office was negligent but since you refused to help the seller (you were busy forcing the return through Ebay instead), the post office does not compensate the seller for this negligence leaving the seller out of pocket to re-holder the book before they can relist it for sale.

Your purchase of the item was a contract with the seller involving an offer and an acceptance. By reneging on the offer you caused the buyer to lose the revenue from the sale including the shipping both ways (this is a loss to the seller) and possibly the Ebay fees as well. Your negligence regarding the insurance claim resulted in additional losses for the seller.

Please explain why you don't see a problem with any of this.

My contract or agreement is with the seller to provide a good as described via a purchase on the eBay platform. If the item arrives damaged or different than that shown/described in the listing then the policies of eBay take effect. I'm following the policies of the website that I am using and agree to when I signed-up and when they update them. I'm not under any obligation to help/render assistance to a seller in a dispute over an item damaged by the shipping company. To expect me to render assistance after a seller made me jump through hoops to get a return is asinine.
Post 101 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater How did the seller make you jump through hoops?
Post 102 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@KingNampa Also, the first thing to do when a buyer says not as described is to ask for pictures of the damage. I tell them I need it for the insurance.

"Not as described" does not necessarily mean Damaged.

I might suggest you not sell on Ebay. It's clear you don't fully understand a good business model.

"The customer IS always right"

Complete the return with a smile an Move on.

Ive been selling on Ebay for over 10 years and have NEVER had a book returned.

If your experiencing high return rates and requests, I can't help but think its something
your doing on your end.
The fact that you continue to argue the plainly clear facts leads me to believe I probably
wouldn't want to do business with You.
Post 103 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 I have not had any returns either.
Post 104 IP   flag post
@drchaos You stated "you were busy forcing the return through Ebay instead".

If I'm busy forcing a return, I have gotten to the point in which I had to do that. According to eBay policy I have contacted the seller advising them that the item arrived damage. I explained to them how it was damaged and provided pictures showing them that the item was damaged. I use eBay messages to do this. Why? eBay messages is part of eBay and eBay's representatives can look at the message(s) and see that I had an issue an attempted to correct it in a professional courteous way. I asked for them let me return the item and asked them to advise how they were going to handle the return postage. If they advise that they aren't going to accept the return or that they aren't going to pay for the return postage then I have to start the process of starting a "item not as described" case. The hoops start there. (Most sellers know they can wait 4 or 5 days before authorizing or declining the request). It just involves me spending more time trying to correct an issue that could have been handled under much friendlier terms if the seller had care enough to act professionally.
Post 105 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
@conditionfreak

I've purchased from Conditionfreak - no problems or issues and everything was exactly as advertised

I think we need another Conditionfreak sale
-any on the horizon?

HaHa Funny you should ask that right now. The wife is off work today and I just asked her what she wanted to do with her day off. A Movie, dinner, visit some relatives, or go to her favorite store (which is in Dayton and an hour and a half drive one way).

She said, "it's raining and I don't want to go anywhere. But it would be a good day to sell some comic books".

I answered her "is there a bad day to sell books?" She said "no".

So I guess I will sell some books today, just because I am bored.

Any particular genre or price range? Anyone? Nothing slabbed, sorry but those stay for now. $1 dollar books? $5.00 books? $10.00 books? $25.00 books?

I come to this forum everyday in hopes of seeing another @conditionfreak sale. The other two were the stuff of legend.

I didn't get any suggestions or desires concerning what types of books or what types of prices. Except for "5, 10 and 25 dollar" books.

So I am pulling books, sort of randomly. from my boxes and they will be either $5, $10 or $25 each. I have a bunch that should only be one dollar each, but those are not worth the trouble to scan. And postage costs so much nowadays.

I will pick a good mix, and start a sales thread tonight or tomorrow. Lots of scanning to do.

I was just resting after eating dinner and my wife asked me "don't you have something to do?" I said "yes dear. I have to feed the chickens and lock them up. Use the bathroom, feed the dog, wash my hands, and chat on the internet. I think that about covers it."

Her reply: "SELL, SELL, SELL".

Ha Ha Talk about being the wind beneath my wings. Ha Ha
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak I will buy expensive keys from you
Post 107 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa

I might sell a couple of decent keys. But they will be more than $25.00

I'll look for some that I can stand to part with. Every time I sell a key, I later regret it. But I can't take them with me.

Or can I? Gonna be cremated when the time comes. That will show her. Ha Ha
Post 108 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak Do what Sam Kieth does with some of his artwork. He's posted pictures burning it in the backyard if he doesn't like it.
Post 109 IP   flag post
@Towmater Your latest post makes a lot more sense. Your earlier posts (with fewer details) seemed to leap past the part where you tried to be reasonable and seemed to start at DEFCON 1.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Towmater Your latest post makes a lot more sense. Your earlier posts (with fewer details) seemed to leap past the part where you tried to be reasonable and seemed to start at DEFCON 1.

If I have to get to the point where I start a case then the seller is going to accept the return and the truthful feedback that goes along with it.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I'll look for some that I can stand to part with. Every time I sell a key, I later regret it. But I can't take them with me.

Some of your books from the last sale are in cbcs' vault as we speak

Of course now I can't leave work. Can't risk trying to reply on my phone while driving.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Some of your books from the last sale are in cbcs' fault as we speak

Of course now I can't leave work. Can't risk trying to reply on my phone while driving.

What time would you like me to start a sale? (I'm easy, I hear that all the time) I was thinking around 9 PM tonight for about one hour. Then finishing it up tomorrow evening about 7 PM until 9 PM. Would that work for you?
Post 113 IP   flag post
9pm EST?
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What time would you like me to start a sale? (I'm easy, I hear that all the time) I was thinking around 9 PM tonight for about one hour. Then finishing it up tomorrow evening about 7 PM until 9 PM. Would that work for you?

What you got? I am looking for several non-mondern comics.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak

I'm looking for:

Any Wrightson Swamp Thing books
Iron Man #17 (VF/NM)
Tales of Suspense #77 (VF/NM)
And . . . Got any Black Widow stuff?
Post 116 IP   flag post
Quote:
9pm EST?
I'm CA, so that might actually be perfect start time if you're EST, the office will be quieter.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@conditionfreak

I'm looking for:

Any Wrightson Swamp Thing books
Iron Man #17 (VF/NM)
Tales of Suspense #77 (VF/NM)
And . . . Got any Black Widow stuff?

Well, I have all of the Swamp Thing books. But some I won't part with (1, 20, 21). The rest are pretty much just readers.

I'll check on the Iron Man 17. Maybe I do.

TOS 77. Ultimo I think. Don't think I have that one, but maybe. I'll check.
Post 118 IP   flag post
How about Avengers 52 or the Demon 1?
Post 119 IP   flag post
Yea, all of my times are EST.

Speaking of that. You know how big Russia is? Russia has 11 time zones. Just WOW.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Quote:
You know how big Russia is? Russia has 11 time zones. Just WOW

I do now, wow:

Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing

Won't part with Avengers 52. I already pulled a Demon #1. But you probably are looking for a different #1. I have one or two of those also, but I might have sold it in my last sales thread. I'll check.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hard to say. I have about 15 to 20 thousand books. Not many from the last ten years or so though. Some.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Won't part with Avengers 52. I already pulled a Demon #1. But you probably are looking for a different #1. I have one or two of those also, but I might have sold it in my last sales thread. I'll check.

I ruined my Avengers 52 putting it in a mylite Yeah, the Demon 1 I am looking for is Etrigan's first appearance.
Post 124 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I ruined my Avengers 52 putting it in a mylite

Dang ol razor blades man, those mylite2s.
Post 125 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
My contract or agreement is with the seller to provide a good as described via a purchase on the eBay platform. If the item arrives damaged or different than that shown/described in the listing then the policies of eBay take effect. I'm following the policies of the website that I am using and agree to when I signed-up and when they update them. I'm not under any obligation to help/render assistance to a seller in a dispute over an item damaged by the shipping company. To expect me to render assistance after a seller made me jump through hoops to get a return is asinine.

You are correct. And it is one of the many "representing your brand" rules people should be following.

Besides that, there was a story that happened between 2010-2013 that had an eBay buyer purchase a rare MIB/MISB Japanese toy. According to the story behind the event, he payed good money for it because the product shown was in C-9 condition. The seller, who was either ignorant or lazy, decided to use the packing itself as the means of shipping the product. The buyer ended up getting a mint (C-9 or C-10) toy in a damaged (around C-7 or C-8) box. Which, I believe, resulted in him getting a partial refund.

That, and what you said is similar to my ordeal with an eBay seller. One that I am still awaiting to hear from in regards to me getting my refund since the item did reach its destination.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hard to say. I have about 15 to 20 thousand books. Not many from the last ten years or so though. Some.
Horror Comics, Space Covers, Commie Comics, Crime Comics Please!
Post 127 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak Oh, and I've been looking for a first print of this forever. Fine or better.
Post 128 IP   flag post
No gots Slim.
Post 129 IP   flag post
😔 ok. Worth a shot.
Post 130 IP   flag post
600797 160 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?