Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

WTF Baltimore?4249

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
So Baltimore Comic Con has arranged for Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman herself to perform in concert. The tickets for the concert seem reasonably priced. They also have Ms Carter listed among the celebrities for the show. There is just one slight problem.

If you want her to sign an item of your choice you need to purchase the platinum package for $1,000 (does not include admission to the Comic Con).

You can also settle for the gold package including a pre-signed item (Wonder Woman 77 #1)for $400 (does not include admission to the Comic Con).

If you want her autograph without buying one of these two packages (before they are sold out) you are SOL.

I even contacted them and said with three weeks until show time they could at least ask her nicely to sign autographs but they replied that it wasn't possible because "we have a contract".

While I might attend the concert and who knows the concert could be awesome I am very disappointed that there weren't any reasonably priced options ($100 or less) for just the autograph.

Perhaps we are lucky at all to have Lynda Carter but I think Baltimore CC seriously dropped the ball on this one.

Here's hoping Marc Roman has a couple tricks up his sleeve to make something happen.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
So Baltimore Comic Con has arranged for Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman herself to perform in concert. The tickets for the concert seem reasonably priced. They also have Ms Carter listed among the celebrities for the show. There is just one slight problem.

If you want her to sign an item of your choice you need to purchase the platinum package for $1,000 (does not include admission to the Comic Con).

Here's hoping Marc Roman has a couple tricks up his sleeve to make something happen.

A PLATINUM package gets a signature, but not a ticket to the con??? or a seat at the concert?? do they give a lock of her hair?
Appear on Supergirl and you too can do all kinds of incredible things.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Can she sing? Never heard any of her music. Maybe she's the female version of William Shatner?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn
Can she sing? Never heard any of her music. Maybe she's the female version of William Shatner?

you can see hear sing on YouTube.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor

A PLATINUM package gets a signature, but not a ticket to the con??? or a seat at the concert?? do they give a lock of her hair?
Appear on Supergirl and you too can do all kinds of incredible things.

No, you get a special seat at the concert and other goodies but not admission to the con.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:

When they made Bill Shatner they broke the mold.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Let's say someone here is a fool, or rich. or in love. And they buy into the platinum package.

How much can someone get for a Lynda Carter autographed comic book? Any comic book?

Round figure. Maybe $200 tops, on a $25 book?

She's Purdy and all. But you would have to be quite the fan boy to pay a thousand to hear her sing and talk, and sign a book.

Or somehow that is a business expense thing.

I don't know.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I have a Wonderful Woman sketch cover that was drawn on a blank for me but I have to think that my ceiling on her signature might be $100.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I saw this a few weeks ago.

FYI, it lists her as "Friday Evening Special Concert Event Only". So I don't think she will ever be at the con for anything else or any other signings.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

When they made Bill Shatner they broke the mold.

Before or after they made him?
Post 10 IP   flag post
@det_tobor A little of both.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
A few signed copies sold on the CGC forum for $700 and $900 back in June. clickable text

It would make sense if signature prices were around that minus grading. I agree that her VIP prices are too much especially when you consider she lives in Baltimore so her showing up as very minimal cost.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
HOLY KRAP BATMAN! That's a lot of hormones in those wallets.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector eee91 private msg quote post Address this user
In Baltimore Comic Con's defense, I don't think they're the ones setting the rules. Lynda Carter had the same deal for Palm Springs Comic Con two weeks ago. http://comicconpalmsprings.com/lynda-carter-tickets/
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
Quote:

you can see hear sing on YouTube.

I'll give a listen when I get a chance. You never know...
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
A few signed copies sold on the CGC forum for $700 and $900 back in June. clickable text

It would make sense if signature prices were around that minus grading. I agree that her VIP prices are too much especially when you consider she lives in Baltimore so her showing up as very minimal cost.

She does not live in Baltimore. She lives in Potomac, MD, which is just outside Washington, DC. Still fairly close to Baltimore, so your main point is valid.
Post 16 IP   flag post
597869 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?