Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Best Offers Going Stale3346

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Is it just me, or does that book look like it is sitting inside the slab without an inner well? Also of all CGC's labels, that old one would be the easiest to replicate. This is why I have always hated that CGC puts the hologram on the slab instead of the label, it's not the plastic slab that needs to be authenticated.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector keefriffhards private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the actual listing... wow
Post 27 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
I have plenty of those red label books. And that looks very suspicious. I think Darth is right
Post 28 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

notice how nicely centered it is in the case. Also you can see the inner well.

This one is probably a better pic
Post 29 IP   flag post
He also has a Tomb Raider museum edition with the same red flags. I can't find a picture of any other examples of CGC slabbed museum editions.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I was just about to post about that other one.
Post 31 IP   flag post
He also has clear photos on all his other auctions except these two books are horrendously blurry.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
He also has a Tomb Raider museum edition with the same red flags. I can't find a picture of any other examples of CGC slabbed museum editions.

Sorry, I own the other copies that were in CGC slabs. They have since been liberated and moved into slabs from the kid down the street.
Post 33 IP   flag post
@Bloodlikefire How did those compare to these visually?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Bloodlikefire How did those compare to these visually?

Post 35 IP   flag post
So they were slabbed off center with a hard to see well. That checks out.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
So they were slabbed off center with a hard to see well. That checks out.

The main difference and the one I cant get over, is the numbers to mine, show up in the CGC registry when I entered them. The number on his doesn't.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Waddly private msg quote post Address this user
It also looks very off-center.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector keefriffhards private msg quote post Address this user
Wow.. like anything, I am sure there are some fake slabs out there.. there is, of course, the youtube about the one being cracked open so they can replace or tamper with a label...
Post 39 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure it's real. What's the fuss? If he wants $800 that's what he wants to let it go. I've been in the same boat.

So now I own 2 books like that I gave in on the price: My Rick and Morty Roiland variant, and the Back to the Future xbox edition cast signed book.
Post 40 IP   flag post
600852 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?