MemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal #7.1268

Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Nah, he just forgets what the enter button is for
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
I wasn't reading comics in the 90's, so I missed all that. Ironically, a high school friend was working at Marvel & DC during that time, and was partially responsible for that stuff

I didn't get swept up in the variant craze in the 90's. I always preferred independent titles so I really wasn't aware of exactly how bad it was back then. My LCS during that time was fairly small but it was also very independent oriented so I guess I really didn't see how bad it was first hand. I'm not implying they were not in on it as well, I just didn't notice because I was just too happy to be picking up some books to read.
Post 127 IP   flag post
lmao sorry to disappoint you guys with that. My iPhone is being extremely sensitive so my typing is a disaster.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I figured it was a glitch in the matrix
Post 129 IP   flag post
I oddly really do like Tomb Raider Gold Holofoil for some reason. I've always liked TR but I think it's just how absurdly cheesy I find that cover that makes it appealing.
Post 130 IP   flag post

I want a 9.8 Turok gold and a 9.8 Xforce 1.

Seriously
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector jsilverjanet private msg quote post Address this user
I would like a Turok gold
I have a couple but doubt they would grade 9.8
Post 132 IP   flag post
How much would be a good deal? I've seen a few for 100+ and passed. I figured 60 would be good enough
Post 133 IP   flag post
$75
Post 134 IP   flag post
I've got to cool it on Scarlett Johanson.
Post 135 IP   flag post
@jsilverjanet Thanks, I'll make an offer when I see a decent one
Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector Ditch_Fahrenheit private msg quote post Address this user
Good Morning!

So the verdict seems to be that Captain America: Civil War is really good. IMDB currently has it at an 8.5, but I'm sure that will come down. The votes are skewed just like BvS.

Votes Percentage Rating
33494 35.2% 10
25425 26.7% 9
19310 20.3% 8
8911 9.4% 7
3012 3.2% 6
1060 1.1% 5
469 0.5% 4
358 0.4% 3
311 0.3% 2
2847 3.0% 1

Anyone here see it?
Post 137 IP   flag post
saw it yesterday
Post 138 IP   flag post
i think it was good. it's better than i expected. some things i can't get past (RDJ and the overall influence of Stark in this world) but the action is entertaining however it's probably 20-30s longer than it has to be.

I also think Marvel is too hero heavy and lacks the villain balance. If you think about the last few movies, it keeps fighting itself.
Post 139 IP   flag post
type away Kelly
Post 140 IP   flag post
@Ditch_Fahrenheit

I have not seen it yet, I'll most likely wait for the Blu-Ray on this one.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsilverjanet
type away Kelly

lol

Do you think it's one of those movies it is worth it to see in the theatre?
Post 142 IP   flag post
i liked Batman v Superman but Ditch will probably say I'm being a fan boy.

I think most movies should be seen in the theatre. I love going to the movies especially now with the better seats, clearer screens etc.
Post 143 IP   flag post
I don't get out to the movies as much as I have in the past anymore so I try and make it count for the special effects on the big screen. The Force Awakens was a no brainier for me to see on the big screen, but Cap and DP will have to wait.
Post 144 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsilverjanet
i liked Batman v Superman but Ditch will probably say I'm being a fan boy.

I think most movies should be seen in the theatre. I love going to the movies especially now with the better seats, clearer screens etc.

lol

Heck no. I was just teasing before. We should all see the movies that we like - for example, I'll watch anything Science Fiction...even the stinkers...it's just my thing.

Curious though, how did Civil War compare to BvS in your opinion as far as a movie? Did you like it more, less, the same?
Post 145 IP   flag post
I like BVS more because it was geared I think to a bit older group. I agree he's playing catch up and trying to fit Batman 1 and MOS 2 into the movie but I liked that it took some chances. It was more serious than any of the Marvel movies.

I'm tired of Tony Stark/Robert Downey JR. I read across the street someone say "you can really see how it's weighed on them, their actions etc". I wonder if I'm watching the same movie, they describe it like Citizen Kane.

It's a comic popcorn movie, it's definitely enjoyable, the action is top notch, think of it as bourne identity on steroids. There's humor and it's funny but I don't buy the story.

Personally I think Marvel realized the gold mine it has and now it keeps making safe decisions, delaying the inevitable (Thanos) to maximize their profit.

What's the point of teasing Thanos in movies then he's not a factor in the next 4-5 movies. Unless I'm not seeing a huge plot twist done the line, they seemed to altered their original plan to make more money.

If this were comics, and they teased Thanos in issue 5 but now we are in issue 12, wouldn't the reader think, hm what was the point of that if you aren't bringing him out anytime soon.
Post 146 IP   flag post
Also to add I seem to like the DC characters more. I really like Batman.
Post 147 IP   flag post
also I think I'm going to stop watching movies in 3D the movie seems darker (in light terms). I only choose it this time cause I wanted to see it in Imax.
Post 148 IP   flag post
@jsilverjanet After Thanos, I think Marvel may look to the Kree/Skrull War. All the necessary participants are either already introduced or soon will be
Post 149 IP   flag post
I thought Skrulls were part of the FF movie deal.
Post 150 IP   flag post
Except for the Skrulls, I should say
Post 151 IP   flag post
Avengers came out summer of 2012, 4 years later no Thanos
Post 152 IP   flag post
That franchise is dead in the water for Fox. Marvel could make a deal like they did for Spidey and borrow characters for their films
Post 153 IP   flag post
"...but I don't buy the story."

That would probably be MY problem with this movie. I didn't buy it in the comic books either. Seemed so contrived to create sales across titles...which, funny thing, makes me drop titles.

Batman has always been my favorite character. Especially crazy, upset, possibly homicidal Batman. Second favorite has always been Iron Man because he's not based on magical or mutant powers (more Science Fiction based). Not that I don't like regular super heroes, but I've always been more attracted to those that were more human (like Bats and IM). Third favorite was always Deathlok. lol I liked his origin story.
Post 154 IP   flag post
I think Batman is the best superhero creation. The character is well developed (in recent years), origin is great, villains are great.
Post 155 IP   flag post
600449 554 30