Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgeSignatures

Frank Miller signature worth it?2473

Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Andy. What with all the liars over in CGC chat room "board" land making stuff up about me 2007-2015, I never seem to know any more reactions I might encounter over here in CBCS land of Ethics.

Am so glad CBCS started up which stopped the Wall St type monopoly tactics the owner of CGC was up to.

That said, I have never paid for a sig on a comic book and/or in my comics memory book. One does not encounter same at "normal" book signings with authors in "real" book stores. I also always get a sig personalized to me for my shelves. Sigs and inscriptions are for later fond memories. Here is one of my favorite pages. No art. Just sigs from friends I made back in the day.

Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
how cool!

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
@BLBcomics I've never took part in the CGC boards. I like the people and the atmosphere at this board so I'll stay here. The last con I went to I had the most fun speaking with the artists and looking at their work. All the books for sale were cool too but meeting the people who created them was the best.
Post 28 IP   flag post
To answer the OP's question, yes I think it's worth it. I very much enjoy Frank Miller's work, especially on Daredevil, so I'm always brainstorming ideas to have him sign stuff. I also have a Ronin promotional poster signed by him but I don't have a picture.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Also, some of those sketch covers could be colored and the appearance would improve dramatically. Examples:

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Also, some of those sketch covers could be colored and the appearance would improve dramatically. Examples:

LOVE these!
Post 31 IP   flag post
@Sirtoddington I really like this one. Very clean. Compliments of Mr. Janson.

And a Doctor Doom.

But like KaptainMyke said, they can't all be winners lol.

Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
😍 omg that is awesome
Quote:

Batman got the hiv!!
Quote:

Post 33 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Batman got the "Space AIDS"
Post 34 IP   flag post
I really wish this thread had never been made. I just asked my wife for this for my birthday lol.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
So we've talked a lot about Stan Lee's signature here, but what about Frank Miller's? He's running about $100 a pop right now. Normally I wouldn't consider that price, but I would love to get my Dark Knight Returns set signed. My thought is to have 1&4 signed by Miller and maybe Janson if he's at the same show. And then have Janson sign 2&3. Any thoughts on the plan or Miller's signature in general? Is this a other Stan Lee style bubble?

Lee's signature is well worth a $100, as is Miller's.....it all depends on WHAT PARTICULAR BOOKS and the GRADES you are getting Lee's or Miller's sigs on.

For Lee, low grade SA keys like a coverless to a 3.0 X-Men 1 or Avengers 1 are always bankable.Look at GPA and GoCollect for the pricing trends.

Have Miller or Lee sign a Dark Knight #1 regular cover (2015 series)and even if you get a 9.8, it is barely worth it and you may be lucky to break even.

Far as your DKR 1-4 set, you would have to get no less than 9.6's, to justify the costs involved.

Even if you think your DKR books are all 9.8's, you better pay for the books to be pressed after Miller signs them.

You can take advantage of subbing thru NY Comics, for their CBCS/CGC Dealer discounts on grading fees.And they can hold books to get multiple sigs on, at different cons.

The drawback with having books signed at multiple cons is that means more handling i.e. a higher probability of a grade drop from a 9.8 to a 9.6 or 9.4.

Edit:
I will add that NY Comics has a very good track record of not screwing up signature submissions.

Avoid sog faciliators like Anastasoa and their sister CBCS sig provider company ( cant remember their name offhand)....but I can tell you that Anastasia has a lousy track record of massive delays and damaged books from careless mishandling.Do a search on them on Google and you'll see threads about them over on the CGC Forums, dont take my word on it.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
So we've talked a lot about Stan Lee's signature here, but what about Frank Miller's? He's running about $100 a pop right now. Normally I wouldn't consider that price, but I would love to get my Dark Knight Returns set signed. My thought is to have 1&4 signed by Miller and maybe Janson if he's at the same show. And then have Janson sign 2&3. Any thoughts on the plan or Miller's signature in general? Is this a other Stan Lee style bubble?

Lee's signature is well worth a $100, as is Miller's.....it all depends on WHAT PARTICULAR BOOKS and the GRADES you are getting Lee's or Miller's sigs on.

For Lee, low grade SA keys like a coverless to a 3.0 X-Men 1 or Avengers 1 are always bankable.Look at GPA and GoCollect for the pricing trends.

Have Miller or Lee sign a Dark Knight #1 regular cover (2015 series)and even if you get a 9.8, it is barely worth it and you may be lucky to break even.

Far as your DKR 1-4 set, you would have to get no less than 9.6's, to justify the costs involved.

Even if you think your DKR books are all 9.8's, you better pay for the books to be pressed after Miller signs them.

You can take advantage of subbing thru NY Comics, for their CBCS/CGC Dealer discounts on grading fees.And they can hold books to get multiple sigs on, at different cons.

The drawback with having books signed at multiple cons is that means more handling i.e. a higher probability of a grade drop from a 9.8 to a 9.6 or 9.4.

Edit:
I will add that NY Comics has a very good track record of not screwing up signature submissions.

Avoid sog faciliators like Anastasoa and their sister CBCS sig provider company ( cant remember their name offhand)....but I can tell you that Anastasia has a lousy track record of massive delays and damaged books from careless mishandling.Do a search on them on Google and you'll see threads about them over on the CGC Forums, dont take my word on it.

Completely agree, if you're paying that kind of money for sigs, unless they are purely sentimental to you, you want to get key titles and high grades.

TDKR set has to be first print and should be aimed for 9.6 at least. Getting them all 2x sig series'd at once would be my suggestion too, cuts down on handling. Pressing is a good idea as well. Getting them remarked would be another way of getting your books to stand out from other possible sets.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Should be enlightening to see what happens in the Stan "The Man" Lee market after he dies and the endless supply of autographed books comes to market at the same time the artificial price level of his signatures goes away.

There are over 1500 Stan Lee cgc yellow labeled books for sale on eBay. How many get listed within the 24 hours period after he passes? (Yes, a bit morbid. Please note, I hope he can continue on for many years to come).
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater SHUSH! Stan IS immortale & will NEVER EVER die! lol.
Post 39 IP   flag post
597887 39 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?