Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Restoration and ConservationComics Silver Age

93 SDCC exclusive signed and slabbed20701

Collector trooperTK602 private msg quote post Address this user
The year was 1993, a person could walk up and buy a ticket to the San Diego Comic Con, walk the con floor, talk to your hero’s, shake their hands and even chat with them at their booths. Here’s a piece of that history. CHRIS ACHILLEOS, JOE JUSKO, MIKE PLOOG, JEFFREY JONES, KEN KELLY & BERNIE WRIGHTSON we’re all sharing a booth promoting their different sets of trading cards. Thought the day one of these legends would show up and sign this promo piece they were handing out at the booth. I was determined that day to get each of their signatures and after several hours accomplished my mission. I wanted it slabbed rather than framed for nostalgia sake and to more resemble my collection of comics from some of these guys I have on display. My inner kid just wanted to share some old memeories.

bold text
Post 1 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I was at that 1993 SDCC and I remember that table. I used to have a couple of those cards (not signed) but I think I threw them out years ago.

You're right, though... those cards would have been great to get signed. That just never occurred to me. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by trooperTK602
The year was 1993, a person could walk up and buy a ticket to the San Diego Comic Con, walk the con floor, talk to your hero’s, shake their hands and even chat with them at their booths. Here’s a piece of that history. CHRIS ACHILLEOS, JOE JUSKO, MIKE PLOOG, JEFFREY JONES, KEN KELLY & BERNIE WRIGHTSON we’re all sharing a booth promoting their different sets of trading cards. Thought the day one of these legends would show up and sign this promo piece they were handing out at the booth. I was determined that day to get each of their signatures and after several hours accomplished my mission. I wanted it slabbed rather than framed for nostalgia sake and to more resemble my collection of comics from some of these guys I have on display. My inner kid just wanted to share some old memeories.

bold text

Thanks for sharing the memories!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector MisterMR private msg quote post Address this user
I was at that con but I don’t remember these. I wish I had gotten them! But I’m sure my 12-year-old brain probably thought these were too “grown up” and I’m sure I avoided them 😣
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector NDS private msg quote post Address this user
You smart, motivated man. Well done.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Legends among legends.
Great autographs
Post 6 IP   flag post
611390 6 6