Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeMovies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Silver Surfer...Is this announcement a belated April fools joke?20638

Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Comic book fans and readers are small potatoes in the grand scheme of these films and shows (the grand scheme is to make money).

Guess what, they are not making money! After Endgame pretty much everything that Disney has put out has lost money (except GOTG 3 which broke even).It's all coming down too DEI and the fact that the company hires bad writers and directors who fit the DEI mold.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I suppose it's only a role in Fantastic Four....which I probably won't watch...just like I didn't read the comic..for the most part.
Who wants to read a comic with family bickering...wad living it as a kid!!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector CEPubDude private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel what? Disney who?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
With a multiverse of branched timelines they can do anything, tell a story from the perspective of any of them, and "logically" get away with it. I'm a huge Silver Surfer fan, but I accepted a black Nick Fury whose origin wasn't anchored in World War Two.

If they tell a good story well, then I won't care if Shalla Bal ends up as Herald of Galactus. I can imagine a few timelines where that might "logically" happen in a way that doesn't demean or diminish Norrin Radd.

We'll see, but like @power_struggle55 I'm willing to give it a chance.

It would have been nice if they got the cinematic Surfer right before "improving" upon it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
don't forget they made an very old Asian man (ancient one) into a middle ages white woman and no one had a problem.

I'm pretty sure many rolled their eyes at it.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
one thing I can see is her being a love interest for Johnny. as he did a thing for Norma Rae (Nova) so maybe combining the two

Make the Surfer a woman AND a two-timer??
Well, I guess if the film emasculates a male, then it'll be "empowering."
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Shouldn't it be expected at this point to swap out everything?

Yep. Male becomes female, Caucasian becomes, for the love of God anything else, entertaining becomes crappy, and blockbuster becomes flop.

I guess smart became stupid.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy Bingo!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Marvel and Disney can certainly pander to this particular crowd if they wish, and I'll never say they can't, but what makes me laugh is when they, the millionaire movie stars, the critics, and the mainstream media start demanding that we like it, accept it, and pay for it.

The MCU already covered most of my childhood favorites with phases 1-3, and did a fine job with most of it (except for Iron Man 3), so I can just pop in one of those dvd's.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
It would be funny to hear Shalla Bal referring to Galactus as Fu** Nutt.
Post 35 IP   flag post
619262 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?