Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPSignaturesSigning Opportunities

Is Frank Miller Signature/Remaque/Head Sketch/Full Figure Sketch worth it?20636

"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Getting old sucks! His art used to be amazing....it blows now.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I wouldn’t mind the prices if he was churning out awesome work but his sketch covers vary from meh to… well this

It looks like he was inspired by this...

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwhng
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/2473/page/1/frank-miller-signature-worth-it/

Just wanted to renew this discussion as I am thinking of investing in getting FM to sign/sketch/remaque some of my beloved comics of FM - but look at his prices:

signature $140
remaque $ 320
Head sketch $1085
Full body sketch $2085

I know ... I am a huge fan of FM .... but I still reeled back in surprise (and a little horror) when I saw these prices. What are people's views? should we just buy off eBay since the market is in a down cycle?

Also what really is the difference between "Remaque" and "Head Sketch"? is the latter worth three times as much?

Views welcomed!

Not going to tell anyone how to spend money they earned. A few years back bought a DK III signed by Miller and the rest of the gang. Seller provided a picture of the book being signed and a PDF of the event it was signed at. Total just for the signatures was over 700. Beckett authenticated the signatures. Long story short the pricing you quoted might be a little high in the current market but in my opinion isn’t anywhere close to gouging. If you do decide to get the signature keep in mind Miller signs thousands if not tens of thousands of items every year. It will be cool to have but don't expect the item or Miller's signature to be scarce let alone rare.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
If that price included a DeLorean that took me back to 1986 and I could have that version of Frank Miller do a full sketch, then yes. Otherwise, no.

That being said, I'm a huge Frank Miller fan, and I'd probably pay the $140 for a signature if I was looking to get his signature. Simple truth is that the guy isn't going to live forever, and he's an industry legend. He's probaby the only living creator that can demand that price.

McFarlane is basically in the same price range--on average a little higher-- for autographs. Guess some one needs to pay for McGuire's ball. Not sure about sketches and remarks.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@cesidio yeah, McFarlane came to mind. I've never paid for his signature, but it doesn't surprise me if it's in that range. I met him once at a local con a few years ago. I had to stand in line for 4 hours, but you got 2 signatures and he was super nice.
Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
McFarlane does (or did) unwitnessed signatures for free at public signings and only charged his high fee when doing CGC/witnessed events.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
There are probably a few speculators still waiting on their returns from DK III Book One variants. Weren't there like 116 variations of it? Crazy crazy
Post 32 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
You are correct. I remember reading an article where he was at a local comic bookstore last year and he signed one free book Per person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
McFarlane does (or did) unwitnessed signatures for free at public signings and only charged his high fee when doing CGC/witnessed events.
Post 33 IP   flag post
611388 33 8