Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid
No just received this today and opened up the box. 📦 🍻
Post 676 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Just added this thanks to a sale from @Caffeine_Kid
Post 677 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in today.

Got this one just because it had a George Perez Autograph on it.

This one is signed by the legend Joe Sinnott, and is a replacement for a book I bought as a kid, but had been destroyed by water (that one was unsigned).

Post 678 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got these today also, these were just "wants."

This is my second one of these, cool cover but a good price is what really called to me. (lol)

This one was just a good deal.

Post 679 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user

Today’s pick-ups from day 2 of our local Con. Highlights are:

Lower grade ASM #12

Batman 457 was too good of a bargain at $5 to pass up.

KISS Super Special (mid grade).

“Crow” sketch from James O’Barr. The signed Gideon Falls books was a throw-in from James.

Next to O’Barr’s booth was Bill Morrison, who was Editor & cover artist for the “Futurama” comics. So, I had him sign my Futurama #1. I only have Katey Sagal to add to have the full main cast.

Then there’s the little 18” Batman POP! The guy was selling it for a bargain & I couldn’t say no. 10” Gizmo for reference.

Post 680 IP   flag post

this is more books that just came in. This one has a great looking cover and only slight color touch on the cover.

This one has the centerfold missing, thus very affordable. Probably could not have bought it otherwise.

lowest numbered Superman that I own.

Post 681 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful books!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
this is more books that just came in. This one has a great looking cover and only slight color touch on the cover.

This one has the centerfold missing, thus very affordable. Probably could not have bought it otherwise.

lowest numbered Superman that I own.

Post 682 IP   flag post
Thanks @Davethebrave, I agree.

And low grade with slight defects gives me the opportunity to afford them. I like it!
Post 683 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 684 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Nice books!! Great variety. I've been looking for a nice copy of that Detective #373 for quite a while now. 🍻
Post 685 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been wanting a double signed book by Adams and O’Neil and was able to snag this one for a fair price.

Post 686 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 Mr Freeze 2nd appearance, right?
Post 687 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
@DWeeB1967 Mr Freeze 2nd appearance, right?

Right, @SpiderTim, and the first time he goes by that name. Hard to find in higher grades.
Post 688 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Went fishing and caught me a Little Max golden age comic.

Post 689 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 Man... what kind of bait are you using??
Post 690 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

just won this at auction, all star 3, first justice society of America. She's a bit ugly but a book I've wanted to own for awhile. Maybe upgrade later, maybe not
Post 691 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

just won this at auction, all star 3, first justice society of America. She's a bit ugly but a book I've wanted to own for awhile. Maybe upgrade later, maybe not

Hey still cool.

I think you picked up a Wonder comics 13, I just got a My comic shop want list notification of a .5 for $500. At $1k a point I'd pass but this book being what it is and it's importantance congrats đź‘Ť
Post 692 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross thanks, I didn't pick up any Wonder Woman books. I'm after a 1 but that's about it. I really need to update my comic shop want list
Post 693 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 694 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
Those look great!
Post 695 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

That honey hole keeps going. Great books again.
Post 696 IP   flag post
@andy49 thanks, the Marvel Feature 3, X-Men 74, Iron man 44 and Lois lane 111 are all upgrades for me.
Post 697 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Another Borock era label. Thanks Steve!

Post 698 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@andy49 thanks, the Marvel Feature 3, X-Men 74, Iron man 44 and Lois lane 111 are all upgrades for me.

Any idea what the stamp is on Lous Lane 111? I have been wanting to upgrade for years but it fell down my list. Again, great pickups.
Post 699 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like a partial date stamp.
Post 700 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cli4dR3D0g
Quote:

Any idea what the stamp is on Lous Lane 111? I have been wanting to upgrade for years but it fell down my list. Again, great pickups.

Not sure the stamp, my under copy of Lois 111 has a date stamp 11 May 1971.
So the numbers apart from the 5 on the Lois Lane I assume means May.

I've another book with a similar style stamp.

Post 701 IP   flag post
@southerncross

All books look better than a PSA 9.4. 🍻
Post 702 IP   flag post
@Cli4dR3D0g Thanks. Except if you look at the Ghosts 2, there's a color breaking crease on the right hand side of the cover that will always keep it as a 8.5, still a pretty looking book and I'm happy with the condition. The X-Men 74 is a 8.0 as it has a spine ding on the back cover that should be able to press to a 9.0-9.2. The iron man looks like a 9.2 and the Lois lane a 9.0 with the slight cover crease that doesn't break cover that should get a 9.2 after a press clean and starch. Still a clean vibrant color book way better then my 6.0s.
Post 703 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
These just came in. Thanks to my man @southerncross for the hook up.
Very nice books. Thanks to cousin Alan and uncle Mark as well...

Post 704 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 nice books. That Demon is screaming to be put in a 9.8 case, the Strange Tales and Mister Miracle have to at least be knocking on a 9.6 door.
Post 705 IP   flag post
615415 937 30