Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1720443

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
And here is what @HeinzDad sent me in the trade. I can cross off another first appearance of a DC mystery/suspense character from my list. Welcome to the club, Madame Xanadu.

I can't recommend trading with Brian enough. Great communication and Fort Knox-like packaging. I'm already looking forward to the next trade with him.

Post 351 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross - Enjoy your birthday!
Post 352 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Thanks mate ,๐Ÿป
Post 353 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday @southerncross!
Post 354 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross woot..woot..Happy Birthday...
Post 355 IP   flag post

I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Party Hard @southerncross!
Happy Birthday
Post 356 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross happy birthday!
Post 357 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Happy birthday, @southerncross!
Post 358 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross happy birthday!
Post 359 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Happy birthday! ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿคก๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐Ÿฐ
Post 360 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort @Nearmint67 @drmccoy74 @starlord @DWeeB1967 @flanders @OGJackster Thanks all.

I hit a local comic shop in Hawaii today. In the past I've found hidden gems but not today.

Picked up 2 May 72 books for my spinner rack. Not the best condition but only $3 each so they are what they are.

Post 361 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Happy birthday!! I am exactly 1 year older than you. ๐ŸŽ‚
Post 362 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross

Happy birthday!
Post 363 IP   flag post
@GAC @Bronte thanks.
Post 364 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross HBD! ๐ŸŽ‚
Post 365 IP   flag post
@DrWatson thanks
Post 366 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just in from a small local Con. Iโ€™ve been reading a lot of Red Sonja, so, I grabbed a nice first cameo & first full appearance as a set.

Iโ€™ve wanted a 1st Scott Lang Ant-Man for ages and the same seller had that & the Dazzler for my wifeโ€™s collection.

Lastly, I met the writer of the second story in the Creepshow #5. He had this variant & the artist was at the next booth, so, they both signed it.

Post 367 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Light week for me. Will get slabbed and graded. If upgrades will keep in pc. If not off to mycomicshop.

Post 368 IP   flag post
I award you no points! stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Very happy with my new addition. That Batgirl though, I love the cover

Post 369 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user

Picked these up this weekend. I think they are pretty cool and just could not let them go. I didnโ€™t even know these existed!
Post 370 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The 2000 A.D. is the 1st I ever purchased from Ebay in 98/99.

Post 371 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Auction win!

Post 372 IP   flag post
Decided to finally pursue a copy.

Post 373 IP   flag post
A couple of pick ups from Blazin' Bobby Storms at High Grade Comics.

Post 374 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I purchased these huge hardcover collections and a Cap Omnibus from Mike Royer yesterday, and was gifted the cover art for a soon to be released French publication.

Post 375 IP   flag post
I got screwed six ways to Sunday. sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Happy belated! โœจ
Post 376 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I finally got around to getting a copy of this, too.

Post 377 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I finally got around to getting a copy of this, too.

One of my mysteries in all of "comicdom" is that I can find these Astonishing Tales #13's quite regularly in high grade; but #12? - forget about it. I have no clue why.
These two issues are 1 month apart from each other and that #12 in high grade is like trying to find a solid piece of Gold in my backyard stream.

I have found this situation; and still find this situation to be so freakin' strange.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@ICConquest Over the years I've collected comic-related stamps too...

Post 379 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Got notified that the HOS 92 I bought two cons ago received the PLOD. ๐Ÿ˜ค

Trying to figure out how to handle this. The vendor I got it from calls me his best customer. I certainly donโ€™t want to sour our business relationship.

Do I flip it, take the hit and talk to him at the next show? Itโ€™s a $3-$400 loss as far as out-of-pocket expense. But potential value loss over Universal is higher.

Not to mention, the grade is 2.5 grades below his estimation. (4.5 as opposed to 7.0).
Post 380 IP   flag post
619266 999 30